Author Topic: Czar Cuomo  (Read 154491 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Re: Ivermectin
« Reply #1080 on: March 02, 2021, 12:14:44 AM »
If he is removed, she serves out the rest of the term, right?

I don't know how it works in NY. Regardless, she'd have to move into full campaign mode, so I don't know how much serving will get done.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 02, 2021, 12:19:56 AM »
I don't know how it works in NY. Regardless, she'd have to move into full campaign mode, so I don't know how much serving will get done.
The less they serve, the better

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 02, 2021, 08:40:33 AM »

Right. The question is if the primary between her and whoever the AOC wing puts up will be brutal enough that a Republican has some tiny chance of winning.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1083 on: March 02, 2021, 08:58:05 AM »
Right. The question is if the primary between her and whoever the AOC wing puts up will be brutal enough that a Republican has some tiny chance of winning.

We all have pie-in-the-sky fantasies.... Mine involves a large jackpot and a private island. But I guess there's a chance.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 02, 2021, 07:38:41 PM »

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #1085 on: March 03, 2021, 09:49:55 AM »
I'm not great at reading numbers, but is Cuomo still doing briefings with updates on cases? Because I've now heard from a couple of nurses in the NYC (lower Manhattan specifically) that cases are soaring and they don't have enough beds. They also don't have enough medical staff on hand to manage, and the traveling nurses who came for vaccinations aren't trained enough to deal with covid patients, and so they just hang around the hospital doing nothing.

Plus, canceling outpatient procedures because of Covid for months has caused many people who had manageable illnesses to now die or be terminally ill.

This is an epic failure and completely foreseeable.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 03, 2021, 10:57:57 AM »
Plus, canceling outpatient procedures because of Covid for months has caused many people who had manageable illnesses to now die or be terminally ill.

This second part about non-COVID medical care isn’t directly and solely the governor’s responsibility.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1087 on: March 03, 2021, 11:01:33 AM »
This second part about non-COVID medical care isn’t directly and solely the governor’s responsibility.

Who's call is it?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 03, 2021, 11:13:09 AM »
We'll probably never know the true numbers.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 03, 2021, 11:14:36 AM »
It absolutely is. We've seen this attitude from the beginning, ignore any unintended consequences in the name of "safety". Obviously it was the right decision to make when the hospitals were at risk of exceeding capacity, but as soon as hospitalizations started dropping and hospitals were able to manage their patients this should have gone back to normal and stayed that way ever since.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1090 on: March 03, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »
It absolutely is. We've seen this attitude from the beginning, ignore any unintended consequences in the name of "safety". Obviously it was the right decision to make when the hospitals were at risk of exceeding capacity, but as soon as hospitalizations started dropping and hospitals were able to manage their patients this should have gone back to normal and stayed that way ever since.

Another twist is one of the nurses I heard from works a small hospital that was empty in the first wave. All the covid cases were sent to the bigger hospitals. And even though the beds were empty, outpatient procedures were stopped. Now, outpatient procedures are running, plus they need those beds for Covid patients. Apparently it's a mess.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1091 on: March 03, 2021, 11:39:02 AM »
And even with cases skyrocketing, it's not in the frum areas, so no micro cluster strategy. And no, despite claims in this thread to the contrary, no mainstream media outlets have covered that story.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 03, 2021, 11:39:39 AM »
Another twist is one of the nurses I heard from works a small hospital that was empty in the first wave. All the covid cases were sent to the bigger hospitals. And even though the beds were empty, outpatient procedures were stopped. Now, outpatient procedures are running, plus they need those beds for Covid patients. Apparently it's a mess.
If they were anticipating needing those beds for COVID patients it still made sense to stop non emergency procedures. They should have used those beds for NH patients instead of sending them back to the NH.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 03, 2021, 11:42:01 AM »
I'm not great at reading numbers, but is Cuomo still doing briefings with updates on cases? Because I've now heard from a couple of nurses in the NYC (lower Manhattan specifically) that cases are soaring and they don't have enough beds. They also don't have enough medical staff on hand to manage, and the traveling nurses who came for vaccinations aren't trained enough to deal with covid patients, and so they just hang around the hospital doing nothing.

Something doesn't sound right, cases in NY overall are down significantly https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

ETA: If you look here, hospitalizations are down in every borough https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page#epicurve
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:45:17 AM by avromie7 »

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 03, 2021, 11:56:25 AM »
Something doesn't sound right, cases in NY overall are down significantly https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

ETA: If you look here, hospitalizations are down in every borough https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page#epicurve

I can tell you that in my area (in upstate) EMS is getting way more Covid calls than we ever got. Our recent peak in active cases was 2.5x our April peak. It's coming down, but it's still way higher than it ever was.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #1095 on: March 03, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »

but is Cuomo still doing briefings with updates on cases?

He didn't do a briefing since Feb 22 because he is busy crunching some other "data and science" stuff

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1096 on: March 03, 2021, 12:04:53 PM »

Perhaps *now* they are trending down but in Jan and Feb they were not and nothing was spoken about? People are accusing FL of cooking the numbers, the same could be true for NY. The people actually on the ground are often singing a different tune than the press conference of the powers that be.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 03, 2021, 12:11:18 PM »
Perhaps *now* they are trending down but in Jan and Feb they were not and nothing was spoken about? People are accusing FL of cooking the numbers, the same could be true for NY. The people actually on the ground are often singing a different tune than the press conference of the powers that be.
I thought you were talking about this week, 2 months ago definitely makes more sense.

We already know for a fact that NY cooked the number. According to one LNHA I spoke to the numbers are still not accurate, he thinks they're not including deaths that are assumed COVID but didn't have a confirmed positive test. Because there were no tests in the beginning that could be a very significant number, that's how NY magically has a lower percentage of deaths from NH residents than all the neighboring states.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #1098 on: March 03, 2021, 12:16:37 PM »
I thought you were talking about this week, 2 months ago definitely makes more sense.

We already know for a fact that NY cooked the number. According to one LNHA I spoke to the numbers are still not accurate, he thinks they're not including deaths that are assumed COVID but didn't have a confirmed positive test. Because there were no tests in the beginning that could be a very significant number, that's how NY magically has a lower percentage of deaths from NH residents than all the neighboring states.

One nurse I heard from was speaking as of last week, though that could be just her hospital.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #1099 on: March 03, 2021, 12:21:06 PM »

He didn't do a briefing since Feb 22 because he is busy crunching some other "data and science" stuff

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1367161088995782660