Author Topic: 2020 Voter Turnout  (Read 30190 times)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Voter Turnout
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2020, 07:59:07 PM »
The 2000 Bush vs Gore Florida dispute was settled by SCOTUS on Dec 12. You need to factor in time for arguments, decisions, and physical recounts. All along Trumpers will be sure they're actually winning and no amount of conjecture will persuade them otherwise.
FTFY
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2020, 07:59:36 PM »
Nobody in the left attempted to deprive Trump of his status. Not my president is a way of distancing oneself. The only people who tried to take away Trump's authority are his appointees Mattis & whoever the DHS secretary was that told military commanders to 'double check' Trump orders with them, and made a pact not to both leave the country at the same time 'to keep an eye on him'.
So now writing a book about why you lose is similar to declaring victory when you lost?
As is their right, some might even say duty.

Trump on the other hand is calling into question the validity of the actual election results, suggesting he would claim victory even if the ballots show he loses. Lucky for us he has no chance at all of pulling it off.
Of course, all because orange man bad.

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2020, 08:07:57 PM »

Trump on the other hand is calling into question the validity of the actual election results,

How do you know that the results are valid before the election even happened. Do you know if there is going to be fraud? Do you know if bureaucrats will ignore the law in order to count votes that the law says are invalid? (Oh wait, they already said they will do that.)

Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are demanding that Trump concede the election before it happened and good for him for refusing (although he should certainly do it more eloquently...)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2020, 08:28:52 PM »
Hawaii now has more early votes than the entire 2016 election. This one is gonna be off the charts.

How do you know that the results are valid before the election even happened. Do you know if there is going to be fraud?
I did not say they will be valid. I merely said Trumpers will claim they are not valid. You proved my point.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2020, 09:02:07 PM »
Does Trump not attack the legitimacy of the outcome? Are Biden supporters the ones that deny the trends in the polls?
I don't understand te connection between these two questions.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2020, 09:04:29 PM »
I don't understand te connection between these two questions.
They're not connected, but they both suggest the right is less likely to have faith in the ballot count.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2020, 09:06:33 PM »
They're not connected, but they both suggest the right is less likely to have faith in the ballot count.

No, the second is just something that YOU are using to make up some stupidity that they will do because you don't like them. It is as detached from reality as Trump.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2020, 09:10:02 PM »
No, the second is just something that YOU are using to make up some stupidity that they will do because you don't like them. It is as detached from reality as Trump.
There are plenty of Trump supporters I do like, I don't appreciate the accusation.
The same detachment from reality that manifests itself in convincing Trumpers data suggesting an outcome is manipulated or false is more likely to cause people to disbelieve the actual ballot count than anything evidenced by left wing rhetoric in these elections.

Attack the premise instead of attacking me.

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2020, 09:10:13 PM »
You proved my point.

No, I said that I don't know if they will be valid (and you don't either). You are the one demanding that everyone express certainty that an election that has not yet happened is valid.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2020, 09:12:53 PM »
There are plenty of Trump supporters I do like, I don't appreciate the accusation.
The same detachment from reality that manifests itself in convincing Trumpers data suggesting an outcome is manipulated or false is more likely to cause people to disbelieve the actual ballot count than anything evidenced by left wing rhetoric in these elections.

Attack the premise instead of attacking me.

Just as the detachment from reality told some that Hillary couldn't lose so they needed to resort to all sorts of conspiracy theories and waste who knows how many resources on investigations. They are so deluded by it that they sincerely call it their duty.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »
No, I said that I don't know if they will be valid (and you don't either). You are the one demanding that everyone express certainty that an election that has not yet happened is valid.
Where did I demand anything? Perhaps you should reread my original post

The 2000 Bush vs Gore Florida dispute was settled by SCOTUS on Dec 12. You need to factor in time for arguments, decisions, and physical recounts. All along Trumpers will be sure they're actually winning and no amount of data will persuade them otherwise.

Just as the detachment from reality told some that Hillary couldn't lose so they needed to resort to all sorts of conspiracy theories and waste who knows how many resources on investigations. They are so deluded by it that they sincerely call it their duty.
The question the last page is revolving around is if it's fair to suggest the right wing is less likely to believe the actual results of the election. Do you suggest the Obama investigations have anything to do with that?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:45 PM »
Where did I demand anything? Perhaps you should reread my original post
The question the last page is revolving around is if it's fair to suggest the right wing is less likely to believe the actual results of the election. Do you suggest the Obama investigations have anything to do with that?

Not sure where Obama came in here, but it is worse. It is not caring one bit about the election as long as they get their way. But trumps tweets are the threat to democracy.

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2020, 09:29:54 PM »
Hawaii now has more early votes than the entire 2016 election. This one is gonna be off the charts.

I dont think HI makes a dif to anyone

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2020, 09:41:40 PM »
I dont think HI makes a dif to anyone
It doesn't. It's one of the bluest states in the country. It just demonstrates the trend
Not sure where Obama came in here
I thought you were referring to the investigations by his admin into the Trump campaign

It is not caring one bit about the election as long as they get their way.
The left disliking the results doesn't have anything to do with what we were talking about (disbelieving) but congressmen are just as elected as POUS, their powers are just as much a reflection of the voters will, and they deserve equal respect.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2020, 10:07:16 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/29/miami-voter-turnout-democrats-433643

While the Miami-Dade numbers look robust at a glance, the turnout rate is too low for Democrats to feel comfortable as Republicans statewide have steadily eaten into the Democrats’ margins in the days after in-person early voting started Oct. 19.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2020, 10:09:55 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/29/miami-voter-turnout-democrats-433643

Not worth anything at all, but I've been hearing of a lot of registered R's voting Biden. They're pretty pissed at how DeSantis handled Covid, and since he's not on the ballot, they're taking it out on Trump. I'm very curious to see FL's numbers when this is done.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2020, 10:13:56 PM »
Not worth anything at all, but I've been hearing of a lot of registered R's voting Biden. They're pretty pissed at how DeSantis handled Covid, and since he's not on the ballot, they're taking it out on Trump. I'm very curious to see FL's numbers when this is done.
Yeah I posted a poll somewhere from a different state were apparently 10% of registered Republicans said they voted Biden.

The solid Republican Villages have awakened into a massive political brawl.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/troubles-for-trump-delivered-by-golf-cart-in-the-villages
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 10:24:48 PM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2020, 11:00:26 PM »
Yeah I posted a poll somewhere from a different state were apparently 10% of registered Republicans said they voted Biden.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/troubles-for-trump-delivered-by-golf-cart-in-the-villages
And if all the "sources with knowledge of the situation" vote for Biden, he'll win by 30 percent.

Offline justaregularguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »

and Latino support is higher than 2016 and the African American population is higher as well. So we have a battle
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2020, 11:17:52 PM »
and Latino support is higher than 2016 and the African American population is higher as well. So we have a battle
But the never Trump conjecture says Trump loses in a landslide.