Topic Wiki

To avoid searching for basic economy use this in ITA:

c:dl+ / f ~bc=e

Author Topic: Delta limited time Status Match  (Read 24632 times)

Offline szportsphan218

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Delta limited time Status Match
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2021, 07:48:18 PM »
got this email today:

As you dream of travel plans ahead, we’re committed to giving more value to Members like you by making it easier to earn a higher Tier of Status. We’ve extended the qualification period for the elevated Status Match challenge through May 31, 2021, giving you more time to earn your Status through January 31, 2022.

As a valued traveler, know that we have your back and are committed to making your flying experience safe and enjoyable from start to finish. In fact, we are the only U.S. airline that is continuing to block middle or select aisle seats and limiting the number of customers per flight through April 30.

my original exp date was 3/31

Cool! Didn't get the email, but just checked my account and saw they extended it through 5/31 as well.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2021, 08:12:09 PM »
Just came here to post this. Already settled on only doing 2 round trips for gold. Now I have chance for platinum.. yay
I did a JFK to Atlanta to Nashville to LGB on Sunday. Got first class upgrades on every leg.
Cost approx $50-70 per leg.

Was hoping that AMEX platinum travel credit will refund the costs... But AMEX has too close relationship with Delta and knows that they were flights, so it didn't trigger my $200 travel credit. :-(

Was hoping it would cost nothing.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »
Cool! Didn't get the email, but just checked my account and saw they extended it through 5/31 as well.
Where is this on their website? Wanna make sure I was credited correctly for the flights

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2021, 08:55:25 PM »
Was hoping that AMEX platinum travel credit will refund the costs... But AMEX has too close relationship with Delta and knows that they were flights, so it didn't trigger my $200 travel credit. :-(

Was hoping it would cost nothing.
@outinstyle next time split the payment with a GC, and your golden.

Offline OMG!

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2021, 10:20:26 PM »
got this email today:

As you dream of travel plans ahead, we’re committed to giving more value to Members like you by making it easier to earn a higher Tier of Status. We’ve extended the qualification period for the elevated Status Match challenge through May 31, 2021, giving you more time to earn your Status through January 31, 2022.

As a valued traveler, know that we have your back and are committed to making your flying experience safe and enjoyable from start to finish. In fact, we are the only U.S. airline that is continuing to block middle or select aisle seats and limiting the number of customers per flight through April 30.

my original exp date was 3/31

My Elite Status - from the Challenge, expired at the end of January (90 days after getting matched). Does anyone have the email address for the right Department at Delta, that I can contact to have them reinstate my status for the remainder of the challenge?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
Anyone know if this is eligible for complimentary upgrade?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 06:08:34 PM by AJK »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline tmendy226

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »
Anyone know if this is eligible for complimentary upgrade?

It is not.

Offline tmendy226

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2021, 06:21:07 PM »
I’m posting this here because I couldn’t find a more appropriate thread but mods are welcome to move it somewhere else.

For all flights to/from/through Europe, Air France and KLM usually offer same flights and price with free REFUND for all flights operated until December 31, 2021. The way it works is that you can cancel the flight (online or on the phone) for a voucher and that voucher is refundable. I just did it recently and it took just a couple minutes.

This will be especially useful if delta doesn’t extend free changes for basic economy tickets past April.

Offline szportsphan218

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2021, 09:37:50 PM »
Does it count as a qualifying trip if it says: "DL 3947 is operated by SkyWest DBA Delta Connection" ?