Author Topic: Maldives Round 2 - Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: Maldives Round 2 - Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »
Thank you! I plan on finishing my long overdue STR TR in the next couple days to further help anyone whoís in between the two get a better picture of what each offers... at least from my perspective.
Awesome
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »
Trying to add the infant to the new flight and just spent over two hours and 4 HUCAís later with my spotty WiFi calling connection 
trying to convince Qatar that they do in fact book infant tickets on AA awards and AA canít do anything on their end. Not so surprisingly it didnít work even after showing them my last 3 reservations that all have Infant tickets. All of which were booked with AA! Checking out for the night and will try again tomorrow but looks like itís going to cost $500 :/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »
$500 is pretty normal for a lap child in J on a OW ticket.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2020, 12:20:22 PM »
$500 is pretty normal for a lap child in J on a OW ticket.
I guess Iím just spoiled by getting the outbound flight for $270. (Or $110 if the dispute/complaint works out in my favor)

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, BonvoyPlat Feb2021
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2020, 11:58:38 PM »

DAY 2
I guess with all the time difference we woke up at around 4am, mostly because the baby wouldnít go back to sleep, and since the sun wasnít out yet we just hung out outside. At 6:30 breakfast opens up, complimentary for gold & diamond members, so we took our bikes and headed there. This is around when the sun starts to rise so it was a beautiful bike ride and the breakfast area, named the Tasting Place was beautiful. There was only one other couple there. The views were beautiful and it was right on the beach with a choice of indoor or outdoor dining. The buffet was in a separate room and seems to be the only place in the hotel that they require you to wear a mask when entering. When we asked about the kosher options they said that they have separate pots and pans, cutlery, and plates for kosher guests since they get so many and offered to make eggs and such.

Some things I forgot to mention or include yesterday was some pics of the stroller and highchair they offer as well as the fact that they donít have or offer a printed map of the resort so I would recommend you bring your own as its a big place. Also going to include the floor plan of the OWB and the kids program schedule:

Looks great here.
Excellent photos.

Was your private pool (at your OWB) heated?
Amazon Prime Calif Gourmet Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/24HrSpecialFREEShipping5PackChocolateChips

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 30
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:04:20 AM »
Thank you! I plan on finishing my long overdue STR TR in the next couple days to further help anyone whoís in between the two get a better picture of what each offers... at least from my perspective.
Any final thoughts on WAI vs STR?