Poll

If it were up to you, would COVID-19 precautions voluntarily be part of your life with COVID the way it is today?

No. I'd be going about my daily life exactly as I did in 2019.
Somewhat. Maybe I wouldn't go to an event with large unmasked crowds or lots of guests from other cities, I might wear a mask on an airplane, etc.
Yes. I'd still be wearing a mask in stores, shul, etc. and social distancing when possible.
I have antibodies, so I'd be going about my daily life as I did in 2019.
I stay home or make as minimal contact with the outside world as possible

Author Topic: If it were up to you, would COVID-19 precautions be part of your life today?  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
If there are other options needed or better examples for the options listed here, I'm open to suggestions.

If you'd like to debate the merits of featuring Breonna Taylor memorials at weddings or whether we should incite a mask-burning riot in honor of your mayor's wife then please use one of the many DDF threads dedicated to those discussions. This one is a poll- it's asking how you would conduct your life if it were up to you, not why you would do so.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:20:27 AM by Yehudaa »

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
I'm confused. I'm reading the question as, "If it were up to you, would you make Covid nonexistent?" I don't think that's your question, though.

ETA: unless the question is regarding rules and regs: Everything about Covid stays the same, except there are no precautionary rules or mandates. On a purely voluntary basis, which Covid precautions would you be taking?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:26:55 AM by Lurker »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
Some of these options would be dependent if I had antibody levels. Yes, there's another thread for that, but many of the responses would depend on other factors.
^^^

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
I'm confused. I'm reading the question as, "If it were up to you, would you make Covid nonexistent?" I don't think that's your question, though.
No, the question was whether- if no rules were imposed on you- you would take precautions given the fact that COIVD-19 is around.

Can you suggest a better way to word the question?

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
Some of these options would be dependent if I had antibody levels. Yes, there's another thread for that, but many of the responses would depend on other factors.
Fair enough. Should I add another option saying "I wouldn't take precautions as I have antibodies"?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
No, the question was whether- if no rules were imposed on you- you would take precautions given the fact that COIVD-19 is around.

Can you suggest a better way to word the question?

See edit

ETA: unless the question is regarding rules and regs: Everything about Covid stays the same, except there are no precautionary rules or mandates. On a purely voluntary basis, which Covid precautions would you be taking?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
Option added.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile

Antibodies blurs the question, as some people with antibodies might still take some precautions, but the risk level is less than someone without. I'd say the question is most useful assuming you never had antibodies.
Visibly Jewish

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Antibodies blurs the question, as some people with antibodies might still take some precautions, but the risk level is less than someone without. I'd say the question is most useful assuming you never had antibodies.

Right because people with antibodies keep being told they shouldn't assume they're immune and can't ever get it again. So there are those that feel its still prudent to take preventative measures which I think would be the right thing to do.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
At some point we may be measuring antibodies more often
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
At some point we may be measuring antibodies more often
Not sure how frequent people will be willing to endure when it's a blood draw.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
Not sure how frequent people will be willing to endure when it's a blood draw.
Depends on what the benefits are. Peace of mind? If it helps them live regular lives it might be worth it...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
If there are other options needed or better examples for the options listed here, I'm open to suggestions.

If you'd like to debate the merits of featuring Breonna Taylor memorials at weddings or whether we should incite a mask-burning riot in honor of your mayor's wife then please use one of the many DDF threads dedicated to those discussions. This one is a poll- it's asking how you would conduct your life if it were up to you, not why you would do so.
Options are skewed towards less restrictions, what about lock everyone in their homes?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Options are skewed towards less restrictions, what about lock everyone in their homes?

The thread is about voluntary precautions not involuntary restrictions. But yeh there should be an option to choose avoiding people completely but I doubt anyone does.
Visibly Jewish

Offline etech0

• View Profile
The thread is about voluntary precautions not involuntary restrictions. But yeh there should be an option to choose avoiding people completely but I doubt anyone does.
Depending on how you define completely, I may know a few. But they are not on DDF.

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
Like @yuneeq said, I put the options that I thought would get some answers. If anyone here is staying locked in their home then they can feel free to ask for that option and I'll gladly add it :)

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Only certain people should be locked in their homes and not only because of COVID.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline biobook

• View Profile
Like @yuneeq said, I put the options that I thought would get some answers. If anyone here is staying locked in their home then they can feel free to ask for that option and I'll gladly add it :)
Me!

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
Depending on how you define completely, I may know a few. But they are not on DDF.

They're not? I thought I noticed a couple of ppl on here that I would think they would voluntarily lock themselves up. Especially if its for the greater good  ;D.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:10:31 PM by iluv2travel »

Offline etech0

• View Profile
They're not? I thought I noticed a couple of ppl on here that would think they would voluntarily lock themselves up. Especially if its for the greater good  ;D.
Well those are not the ones I know :D