Poll

If it were up to you, would COVID-19 precautions voluntarily be part of your life with COVID the way it is today?

No. I'd be going about my daily life exactly as I did in 2019.
Somewhat. Maybe I wouldn't go to an event with large unmasked crowds or lots of guests from other cities, I might wear a mask on an airplane, etc.
Yes. I'd still be wearing a mask in stores, shul, etc. and social distancing when possible.
I have antibodies, so I'd be going about my daily life as I did in 2019.
I stay home or make as minimal contact with the outside world as possible

Author Topic: If it were up to you, would COVID-19 precautions be part of your life today?  (Read 3042 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
If anyone here is staying locked in their home then they can feel free to ask for that option and I'll gladly add it :)
No worries, I got this ;)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
They're not? I thought I noticed a couple of ppl on here that I would think they would voluntarily lock themselves up. Especially if its for the greater good  ;D.

I would stay home for months and only venture in public with a N95 if I knew it would save lives. I did that for months pesach time, until I got a positive antibody test in late June. I am in the almost non-existent risk category, and my family members are pretty low risk. Not everything is about me. There are things worth sacrificing personal comfort for, in my opinion, and saving lives is one of those things.

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
Me!
Well you can vote now and thank @jj1000 for giving you a voice :)

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I would stay home for months and only venture in public with a N95 if I knew it would save lives. I did that for months pesach time, until I got a positive antibody test in late June. I am in the almost non-existent risk category, and my family members are pretty low risk. Not everything is about me. There are things worth sacrificing personal comfort for, in my opinion, and saving lives is one of those things.

The poll asked about today, not Pesach time. Back then everyone or at least most people were very cautious. I was locked up from shortly after Purim until well after Shavuos. No minyan ever. Groceries delivered. All purchases needed placed online and delivered to our door. Almost total seclusion even though we are all very low or no risk. Back then was very different, it was horrifying what was going on.

Today its a completely different story. Its a very far cry to what it was given that the treatments have improved so much and countless lives are being saved. Even 1 death is 1 too many but there is no comparison from 10-20 ppl dying daily in NYS to the between 800-1000 that died back then.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
I think people miss that there are those who aren't locked up, but only go out when necessary, or to places where there are little-to-no people.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
I think people miss that there are those who aren't locked up, but only go out when necessary, or to places where there are little-to-no people.
I hear. I wanted to keep the poll pretty simple as having 10 categories with only a few votes in each one makes it difficult to understand the results, so I tried to capture alot in 3-4 options....

But on second thought, isn't that very similar to the last option that jj added?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
I hear. I wanted to keep the poll pretty simple as having 10 categories with only a few votes in each one makes it difficult to understand the results, so I tried to capture alot in 3-4 options....

But on second thought, isn't that very similar to the last option that jj added?

I'm not saying to add an option, as it does fall under JJ's option. I'm just saying that the image people have in their mind, such as @iluv2travel's description of his personal experience from earlier in the year, is not the only version of that option.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
I'm not saying to add an option, as it does fall under JJ's option. I'm just saying that the image people have in their mind, such as @iluv2travel's description of his personal experience from earlier in the year, is not the only version of that option.

No and it shouldn't be, especially at the point we've gotten to.

My description was specifically responding to that post quoted which similarly described being locked up over Pesach time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
No and it shouldn't be, especially at the point we've gotten to.

My description was specifically responding to that post quoted which similarly described being locked up over Pesach time.

I know, and I wasn't calling you out.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
Well you can vote now and thank @jj1000 for giving you a voice :)
Well, that's a surprise!  It's not just me!

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
We need the ability to choose multiple answers. I would go with both "No. I'd be going about my daily life exactly as I did in 2019." and "I stay home or make as minimal contact with the outside world as possible"

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
We need the ability to choose multiple answers. I would go with both "No. I'd be going about my daily life exactly as I did in 2019." and "I stay home or make as minimal contact with the outside world as possible"
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.