DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Mail merge from Excel to Microsoft Word

<< < (2/3) > >>

etech0:

--- Quote from: aygart on October 25, 2020, 11:54:13 AM ---Not if you are pasting

--- End quote ---
Then you could sort, add a formula column that concats apostrophe with the value in the column, copy and paste values back to the original column.
Or format it as text and hope it doesn't get switched back but in my experiences sometimes it does and then you have to re-add all the zeroes

aygart:

--- Quote from: etech0 on October 25, 2020, 12:01:52 PM ---Then you could sort, add a formula column that concats apostrophe with the value in the column, copy and paste values back to the original column.
Or format it as text and hope it doesn't get switched back but in my experiences sometimes it does and then you have to re-add all the zeroes

--- End quote ---
Format as text before pasting and paste values

jose34:
Feel to post somewhere else but after using Mail Merge a website that will split the document for you to individual documents is:
 https://products.aspose.app/words/splitter

av83:
I am trying to do a mail merge, I am using "custom" size for envelopes. On the preview everything looks good and centered but when I actually print th envelopes the addresses are coming out towards the left. Please help. Thanks!

etech0:

--- Quote from: av83 on February 24, 2024, 11:00:28 PM ---I am trying to do a mail merge, I am using "custom" size for envelopes. On the preview everything looks good and centered but when I actually print th envelopes the addresses are coming out towards the left. Please help. Thanks!

--- End quote ---
I've had that and it might be your printer. It's not so scientific but what I've done is moved the text box with the address over a little bit to compensate. Test with one and make sure it's good before printing all of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version