18 (19.8%)
Neutral
6 (6.6%)
More negative than positive
3 (3.3%)
Definitely not!
5 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: Do you have a Happy Marriage?  (Read 8071 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a Happy Marriage?
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2020, 01:21:42 AM »
My wife told me to vote definitely yes
This is the abridged version of a joke I've said at sheva brachos.

To make a short story long:

Yankel comes up to shomayim and sees two lines waiting to get into Gan Eden. The malach tells him that one line is for men who were in charge of their homes, and the second is for men who were subservient to their wives.

Yankel is surprised to see his friend Mottel, whose wife was an overbearing woman, standing in the first line. He approaches Mottel and asks him why he's standing in that line.

"I have no idea," Mottel answers, exasperated. "My wife told me to stand here."

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2020, 01:41:33 AM »
My advice for looking for a spouse:
2) Common values
These should be expanded on, but not here.
Oh shoots I was going to ask exactly that. I don't know why you don't want to expand on that here.

Also I always thought you were a male using the account your wife set up. I guess not.
Glad to hear you are both happy. Out of 1 & 2 IMHO only common values is important.
What does values refer to?

To me whenever someone says values it means religiously wise.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2020, 01:57:46 AM »
Here’s another oldie:
“My wife and I were blissfully happy for 23 years. Then we met each other.”

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2020, 02:28:18 AM »
I don't see that option.
u can post a question in the tech talk board, im sure someone over there can help u

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2020, 02:31:22 AM »
u can post a question in the tech talk board, im sure someone over there can help u
Feel free to PM ;)
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Yenta

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »
As of now, according to the poll, overwhelmingly people say their marriage is great.

I wonder if this has something to do, with people wanting to believe they have a great marriage or finding it hard to be truthful with themselves or their situation.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I find it hard to believe that so many have such marriage bliss.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2020, 08:33:05 AM »
As of now, according to the poll, overwhelmingly people say their marriage is great.

I wonder if this has something to do, with people wanting to believe they have a great marriage or finding it hard to be truthful with themselves or their situation.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I find it hard to believe that so many have such marriage bliss.

You mean people lie on the internet? Craziness!
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »

Wow! With 25 votes in, 17 people are liars!

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2020, 09:13:41 AM »

Why do you understand happy to mean marriage bliss? Every marriage has its ups and downs but that doesn't mean that the marriage is not happy. You have to be realistic in life and deal with things as they come. If you are realistic, you will be much happier.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2020, 09:41:50 AM »
Real talk? You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking, "Are you happy with the state of your marriage?" No marriage is exclusively happy times. But through the struggles of the relationship, people can be happy with the state of their marriage.

Personally, I answered, "More positive than negative." I'm not always happy with the state of my marriage. There are many times when I'm not happy with myself, and that hurts my relationship. There are many times when I feel my wife and I aren't communicating properly, or aren't handling a situation correctly. My marriage is mostly happy because we work through these things. But we can be dealing with a cr@ppy situation, nothing happy about it, and still be happy with our relationship in how we're handling it.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »

why is it so hard to believe people can be happily married? when someone says they are in a bad marriage everyone believes that right away. i guess everyone just loves to nit pick the details and debate sides. its also more fun to point fingers then to actually work thru your cr@p

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2020, 11:28:24 AM »
This thread inspired me to post this joke. (sorry for the repost...)

A yeshiva bochur calls the shadchan and presents an interesting request.
"I want the meanest, most obnoxious girl in the world. Find me a real witch, someone overbearing and unpleasant."
The shadchan naturally is surprised by the request, and she presses the boy to explain.
"My rebbi said that someone whose life is a living hell will get kaparah for their aveiros and will get a straight ticket into Gan Eden. I want to suffer through marriage."
The shadchan agreed, and called him back a short time later with a shidduch. The boy went out on a few dates, but did not discern any unpleasantness or attitude. Dejected, he called the shadchan.
"Don't worry," the shadchan assured. "I've gotten the worst reports possible about this girl. She must be just putting on a show because she's dating."
So the boy went out another few times, and they got engaged. After the marriage, he waited for her true personality to emerge, to no avail.
Finally, five years into their marriage, he turns to his sweet, gracious wife and confronts her about the discrepancy between her reputation and her actions.
His wife sneers at him. "I know why you married me," she replied. "And I want you to buuuuuuuurn!"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:34:28 AM by YitzyS »

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »
Let's make that more scientifically accurate:

RESULT: As of now, according to the poll, overwhelmingly people on DDF say their marriage is great.

CONCLUSION: Join DDF!  It will make your marriage seem truly delightful!

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2020, 02:07:04 PM »
-> Most ppl on DDF who chose to vote
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2020, 02:49:12 PM »

Is this any different than life itself?

People can choose to live a happy life or not to.

In my limited experience people truly can choose their attitude, at any point in life, you can choose to be happy, content, etc, or you can choose be be depressed, anxious, etc.

The circumstances of the persons life, make little difference, there are rich people who are miserable and poor people who are happy as can be.

If you never watched it, this is pretty eye opening:

See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »

In my limited experience people truly can choose their attitude, at any point in life, you can choose to be happy, content, etc, or you can choose be be depressed, anxious, etc.

The circumstances of the persons life, make little difference, there are rich people who are miserable and poor people who are happy as can be.

If you never watched it, this is pretty eye opening:

Does he mention the amputee vs. lottery winner statistic? One of the most brilliant and counterintuitive pieces of information I’ve ever seen.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2020, 03:07:13 PM »
Does he mention the amputee vs. lottery winner statistic? One of the most brilliant and counterintuitive pieces of information I’ve ever seen.
But of course.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2020, 03:36:03 PM »

+100000000
There in my experience with those who speak to my wife about these things (and there are a bunch of them) those who are not happily married are typically not in that situation because of their spouses. There are exceptions but they seem rare.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2020, 08:54:50 PM »
You guys forgot one option in the poll.....Just saying.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2020, 09:03:46 PM »
Tip #1 you don't have what to do, don't do it at home 😀