Author Topic: Next Level Disgusting.  (Read 10192 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Next Level Disgusting.
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2020, 09:13:16 PM »
I honestly find that hard to believe.

One of my pet peeves are people that park more than 15 feet away from a hydrant wasting valuable parking space. There's a hydrant in front of the house next door to mine, and I try to show people where 15ft from the hydrant is. IME (more than 20 years) it is almost unheard of to get a ticket once you are 12ft from the hydrant (the exception being if someone parked closer than that on the other side of the hydrant). I have told people that if the park no more than 15ft and no less than 12ft from the hydrant next to my house, I will pay the ticket. I still have a neighbor that insists on parking even farther away (often more than 20ft away, but not enough for another car to park).
Circa 2008. Driving a rented Caddy. I was 14 of my size 12 feet away, 1 ticket was written for 12 and another for 13 feet.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »
I feel bad for her she is doing her job, the higher ups are the ones to blame

How about those that hired and trained her (and probably her higher-ups). #clueless
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2020, 09:19:06 PM »
Circa 2008. Driving a rented Caddy. I was 14 of my size 12 feet away, 1 ticket was written for 12 and another for 13 feet.

Location?

The way to properly gauge distance is by looking at the concrete "flags" (boxes) on the sidewalk. They are generally 5ft wide (though some are slightly more and some slightly less, not to hard to tell). Also keep in mind that most CH fully attached houses are 20ft wide.

Though I do recall there used to be a widely hated rather older cop that used to be vigilant in handing out parking tickets. Maybe it was that guy. He's history BH.
-- Dan

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2020, 09:21:50 PM »
I can't look at this video. A MAN, man splaining a woman. UNACCEPTABLE!

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2020, 09:58:53 PM »
Chanukah is coming next it will get interesting when everyone has the dreidlach ready

Hopefully we won't remember what covid is all about {and not because we voted Biden}
["-"]

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2020, 01:40:11 AM »
Just imagine  you're a plumber from one day to the next they tell you to build planes
Boeing is hiring?

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2020, 02:20:38 AM »
Do you really believe that if schools were told to close that means the entrances must be padlocked so its obvious to inspectors that the school is closed? What if a teacher needs his/her curriculum material to run their remote classes? What if the administrator and/or secretary needs to come in to set up the technical aspects of the remote learning program on the school's computer system?
Actually, yes, I had assumed that the doors would be locked, even if administrators and teachers were allowed in, based on the security systems I've seen in schools and shuls in FL and elsewhere in NY.  Sounds like Brooklyn may be different.

My goodness, you're really expecting anyone employed by a school (and you have no idea what position he holds) to exhibit the highest level of calm and think of all those responses at the height of stress?

Even after trying to operate a school remotely because of bunk science and a politician's power trip, and then being issued a fine despite complying anyway, he still can't even express incredulity in the face of glaring incompetence?

If you want to have such high standards for yourself, more power to you, but lay off others who don't quite possess the same quick thinking abilities and zen calmness you apparently are blessed with.
Me?  ;D No way!  But thats definitely an apt description of the school administrators I know.

I looked just now at the longer video, from Kol Haolam, and I agree now that he does sound calm and reasoned.... in the first half.  It's the second half, which is where the HT video starts, where (to me) he sounds truculent.  And it's discourteous to record someone doing her job.  His explanation that he needs to do this because she gave him a summons isn't convincing. If anything, he needs to record his empty classrooms, but not the inspector talking on the phone.

Sure, someone's stressed out and speaks more sharply than usual.  But I don't see that recording that shows him in a positive light, and I don't view the inspector's behavior as deserving the terms disgusting, sickening and vile.

And there's probably a more interesting story to discuss this morning...

(Did my posts in this thread cause a record number of Likes for other people?)

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2020, 07:26:57 AM »
@biobook will go at lengths to defend the sitra achra, so let me Tel you of another school that was closed and locked the inspector came and said 'open the door or I'll have FDNY take down the doors, they were told to go in with forced entry
["-"]

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2020, 07:41:40 AM »

We have the marriage thread for that

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2020, 07:47:16 AM »
Actually, yes, I had assumed that the doors would be locked, even if administrators and teachers were allowed in, based on the security systems I've seen in schools and shuls in FL and elsewhere in NY.  Sounds like Brooklyn may be different.
Me?  ;D No way!  But thats definitely an apt description of the school administrators I know.

I looked just now at the longer video, from Kol Haolam, and I agree now that he does sound calm and reasoned.... in the first half.  It's the second half, which is where the HT video starts, where (to me) he sounds truculent.  And it's discourteous to record someone doing her job.  His explanation that he needs to do this because she gave him a summons isn't convincing. If anything, he needs to record his empty classrooms, but not the inspector talking on the phone.

Sure, someone's stressed out and speaks more sharply than usual.  But I don't see that recording that shows him in a positive light, and I don't view the inspector's behavior as deserving the terms disgusting, sickening and vile.

And there's probably a more interesting story to discuss this morning...

Friendly suggestion: get into self-imposed silence on this (count to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 before posting a response to anything about this video) and try to watch the video over and over, reread what people wrote here, until you're able to fully advocate for the person taking the video and those posting it. After that you can bring up any opposing argument.
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2020, 07:54:48 AM »
The lengths some people will go to sound sophisticated and enlightened.

Online etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2020, 08:17:38 AM »
trained her
that is already making an assumption
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2020, 09:16:54 AM »

Who said the doors weren't locked? We don't know if it was or wasn't. It very well may have been and this administrator saw them writing the summons and opened the door and invited them in. I wrote padlocked to evidence there are no human beings within, just locked is different and all schools are (or should be) as far as I know.

There was a memo that was posted either here or another thread that had gone out to inspectors and it seems this inspector was following the instructions therein. That memo basically said to issue a summons no matter what. It stated that even if one cannot gain access to a building a summons should be written up and put on the door. The inspector is to write what they observed to warrant the summons i.e. children going onto a bus or hearing children chanting  etc (to me it personally sounded like they had permission to lie about their observations but that's just speculation).

So bottom line, while the door may have been locked, they were going to follow the instructions in the memo and issue a violation. They got busted by the administrator and this woman is confused on how to respond because the memo didn't give instructions on what to do when confronted and accused of giving a false violation.

In either case, its really silly to go into the technicalities of this. What happened was downright wrong and indefensible. In all my years of reading DDF (which is many prior to signing up) I have yet to see such a vast consensus among members as in this thread  :).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:55:26 AM by iluv2travel »

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2020, 09:20:51 AM »

Definitely for this one  ;D:

The goyish school will forever call 10/26/20 Passover.

Online etech0

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2020, 09:34:43 AM »
If anything, keeping doors locked while people (administration/staff) are inside could indicate having something to hide.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline screwyelp

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »
There is a person or 2 on this board, not only in this thread that I will not name names. They were complimented for their smartness in other areas and other discussions and you can see how they think going forward that they need to have an opinion on every matter even if they look utter stupid.

REMEMBER, סיג לחכמה שתיקה. Don't talk too much because we will see how stupid you are.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2020, 09:59:02 AM »
There is a person or 2 on this board, not only in this thread that I will not name names. They were complimented for their smartness in other areas and other discussions and you can see how they think going forward that they need to have an opinion on every matter even if they look utter stupid.

REMEMBER, סיג לחכמה שתיקה. Don't talk too much because we will see how stupid you are.
uncalled for

Online Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2020, 09:59:41 AM »

Please refrain from personal attacks.

Your comment is Next Level Disgusting.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:05:56 AM by Yehudaa »

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2020, 10:03:07 AM »

But taking vague potshots at unnamed people for no particular reason is the hallmark of chochma.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »
uncalled for

+1

Sometimes (not very often) there's a real need for an Unlike button.