Author Topic: Next Level Disgusting.  (Read 10191 times)

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Next Level Disgusting.
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2020, 04:15:05 PM »
Sounds enticing, but wind speed today is not conducive to kite-flying.
I didn't offer an argument, but expressed confusion.  Was the order that schools should be closed?  In which case, an unlocked door may be enough to warrant the summons. Or was the order that classes should not be in session?  In which case, it would seem necessary to actually examine the inside of the school.  In either case, the videographer's tone seems unnecessarily disrespectful.  Why doth he protest so much?  Politely take the inspector to view the empty classrooms, and she'd politely leave.

Yes, schools in red zones are closed for in person  learning and are allowed to conduct remote learning. So the teachers should be able to conduct those sessions from their regular but empty classrooms. That's why the building was open with no children. 

The guy was totally not disrespectful. He was utterly dismayed. And he politely asked them to come in and check out the place.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »
I didn't offer an argument, but expressed confusion.  Was the order that schools should be closed?  In which case, an unlocked door may be enough to warrant the summons. Or was the order that classes should not be in session?  In which case, it would seem necessary to actually examine the inside of the school.  In either case, the videographer's tone seems unnecessarily disrespectful.  Why doth he protest so much?  Politely take the inspector to view the empty classrooms, and she'd politely leave.

Being polite in NY would have raised too many flags, maybe even triggering a larger audit to find what they were covering up.

Seriously, though, I didn't see an issue with his tone. It sounded more incredulous than disrespectful.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2020, 04:18:29 PM »
I'm a pretty polite guy but if you try to pin a fraudulent 15K fine on me some of my politeness might slowly fade away too. 

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2020, 04:18:49 PM »

I answered your questions upthread, and considering he was upset at receiving a summons (which means a hefty fine) without being inspected he could have been justifiably a lot angrier. I know I am fuming made just watching the video, I can't imagine how furious I would be if I had to face someone giving me a fine even after I had followed all the laws.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2020, 04:20:37 PM »
You didn’t express confusion, you said that maybe this school was hiding the kids.

The guy was perfectly polite for someone who was gonna get hit with a 15k fine for doing nothing wrong.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2020, 04:34:09 PM »
@KSMH I think this is the one thread where pretty much everyone agrees with you. :)

Congrats. ;)

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2020, 04:35:08 PM »
I answered your questions upthread, and considering he was upset at receiving a summons (which means a hefty fine) without being inspected he could have been justifiably a lot angrier. I know I am fuming made just watching the video, I can't imagine how furious I would be if I had to face someone giving me a fine even after I had followed all the laws.
I don't know what was going through his head, but if I were in his position I would be thinking "if we're getting fined regardless, why did we bother closing?"
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »
@KSMH I think this is the one thread where pretty much everyone agrees with you. :)

Congrats. ;)
I was more surprised by the fact that I agree with a post from @Lurker in this thread.
Being polite in NY would have raised too many flags, maybe even triggering a larger audit to find what they were covering up.

Seriously, though, I didn't see an issue with his tone. It sounded more incredulous than disrespectful.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »

Congrats. ;)
LoL.
Thanks.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2020, 04:43:48 PM »
I don't know what was going through his head, but if I were in his position I would be thinking "if we're getting fined regardless, why did we bother closing?"

So the gothamist and all the other jew trashing sites don't get another opportunity to flaunt the "jews breaking the law again". This time, this story is nowhere to be found but when ydt was open it was front and center for the whole day. Interestingly though, the comments are no longer there, I guess after time they are removed to save space? But in this case that's probably a good thing, some of the comments were outright horrifying.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »
Ok, go ahead and slaughter me, but I'm standing by my opinion until someone brings a shred of proof that I'm wrong. Watch the full clip on Kol Haolam's tweet and tell me you think she's doing her job the way she's supposed to. She's very clear about what her job entails:
- Go to every school on her list
- Verify if they are open
- Issue a fine/summons if they are
- Revisit each week

She clearly didn't do her job. Have none of you ever dealt with NYC inspectors before? This is news?

If you want to show me a list that excludes every non-Jewish school, we can burn the city down. Until then, how is this anti-Semitism on the part of Cuomo and BDB?
She stood outside, wrote a summons, and then entered.   

Now how is that enforcing rules rather than handing out summons regardless of open status?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2020, 04:54:45 PM »
She stood outside, wrote a summons, and then entered.   

Now how is that enforcing rules rather than handing out summons regardless of open status?

She didn't enter. The guy behind the video came out and brought her in. She had no intention of even entering to see if anyone was inside. Where did you see me claim she was doing what she was supposed to do?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2020, 05:31:34 PM »
This school has been closed since day 1 and you can't hide hundreds of kids from inspectors by shuffling them across the building. That's sit-com level stuff. If you've ever tried to get 3 kids from point A to point B you'd realize what an absurd proposition that is.
A yeshiva principal got a message that a car was hurtling towards the building, and within minutes the entire school body was not only outdoors and distanced, but the children thought it was a fun game.  BH it was a traffic problem, not terrorism, but reassuring to learn that it is possible to move a group of kids so quickly.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 05:38:34 PM by biobook »

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2020, 05:35:46 PM »
A yeshiva principal got a message that a car was hurtling towards the building, and within minutes the entire school body was not only outdoors and distanced, but the children thought it was a fun game.  BH it was a traffic problem, not terrorism, but reassuring to learn that it is possible to move a group of kids so quickly.
I remember fire drills in a school with 1,000+ kids. It didn't take too long to get everyone outside, but it would be way more difficult to move everyone around the building without the inspector realizing something is happening.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2020, 05:37:52 PM »
Upset, angry, fuming and furious are understandable emotions to feel, but expressing them is not likely to lead to the desired result. 

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2020, 05:43:37 PM »
Upset, angry, fuming and furious are understandable emotions to feel, but expressing them is not likely to lead to the desired result.

He didn't express any of that.

And it seems he wasn't issued a summons in the end or will have it rescinded either way very easily with his video as proof.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2020, 06:38:07 PM »

Dude, you're forgetting the whole "hide a few hundred kids" part of the process.

And still, she issued the summons before inspecting. You are allowed to admit you were mistaken in your initial post..

Firstly, he got exactly his desired result. Secondly, everyone watching the same video as you disagrees.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2020, 06:39:10 PM »

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2020, 07:23:15 PM »
I have relatives who now or in the past have worked in mosdei chinuch: school secretaries, head of seminary, executive director, yeshiva dean, principal, rosh yeshiva, rosh kollel, maybe a few I'm forgetting.  I can imagine their response in this situation.

Instead of:
"You're the one writing a summons, so you must know something I don't know.  Which way do you want to go?"
I can imagine them saying:
"Maybe there's some mistake?  Our school is actually closed to students now.  Come, let me show you around.  Usually you'd hear 300 kids here, but sadly the classrooms are quiet.  We recently renovated our auditorium, I'd love to show it to you."

Instead of:
"I have to record you, because you give me a summons outside.  How can I not record you?"
I can imagine them saying:
"You may be concerned that your boss won't believe that the classrooms are empty.  Feel free to record what you see here."

Instead of:
"It seems like you guys have a list, that you just go around giving summons to.."
They would not feel the need to accuse an inspector of doing the job she's been assigned. That can be taken up with the mayor or the courts.

And there would undoubtedly be empathy with a government employee working out of the office, with an offer of a hot cup of coffee and a chance to use the restroom.

He was very polite cut the nonsense
And they wouldn't consider "cut the nonsense" to be very polite.

But, of course, being able to communicate effectively is part of the reason they got their jobs.