Author Topic: Next Level Disgusting.  (Read 10391 times)

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Next Level Disgusting.
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2020, 07:37:29 PM »
Dude, you're forgetting the whole "hide a few hundred kids" part of the process.

And still, she issued the summons before inspecting. You are allowed to admit you were mistaken in your initial post..

Firstly, he got exactly his desired result. Secondly, everyone watching the same video as you disagrees.

Not afraid to admit mistakes, have done that here before. 
But I stand by my initial post:  Were the requirements that schools be closed, or that classes not be in session?  If the former, then perhaps inspectors were told to issue summons whenever a school building is open.  Perhaps they were not told that, and this inspector was improperly trained.  In any event, there's a more mechubadik way of speaking.

Sometimes I do find that I disagree with everyone around me.  What do you do in those circumstances?

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2020, 07:41:01 PM »
Sometimes I do find that I disagree with everyone around me.  What do you do in those circumstances?
Stop. Drop and roll..
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2020, 07:43:13 PM »
Preaching 101

My goodness, you're really expecting anyone employed by a school (and you have no idea what position he holds) to exhibit the highest level of calm and think of all those responses at the height of stress?

Even after trying to operate a school remotely because of bunk science and a politician's power trip, and then being issued a fine despite complying anyway, he still can't even express incredulity in the face of glaring incompetence?

If you want to have such high standards for yourself, more power to you, but lay off others who don't quite possess the same quick thinking abilities and zen calmness you apparently are blessed with.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2020, 07:45:18 PM »
I can imagine their response in this situation.

Instead of imagining what their imaginary responses would be, I kindly suggest you stop imagining that the guy in the video was disrespectful. Nobody here agrees with you that he was in any shape or form.

There was nothing wrong with the way he spoke and responded, and he obviously wasn't given scripted lines to say for a spur of the moment situation he found himself in.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2020, 07:50:06 PM »
I got 2 parking tickets in 1 night in CH, for being 14 feet away from a hydrant  ::)
I called and they said they could have written 100 tickets the same night if they wanted to. Truly a lovely city.
I honestly find that hard to believe.

One of my pet peeves are people that park more than 15 feet away from a hydrant wasting valuable parking space. There's a hydrant in front of the house next door to mine, and I try to show people where 15ft from the hydrant is. IME (more than 20 years) it is almost unheard of to get a ticket once you are 12ft from the hydrant (the exception being if someone parked closer than that on the other side of the hydrant). I have told people that if the park no more than 15ft and no less than 12ft from the hydrant next to my house, I will pay the ticket. I still have a neighbor that insists on parking even farther away (often more than 20ft away, but not enough for another car to park).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2020, 07:51:40 PM »
Were the requirements that schools be closed, or that classes not be in session?

Do you really believe that if schools were told to close that means the entrances must be padlocked so its obvious to inspectors that the school is closed? What if a teacher needs his/her curriculum material to run their remote classes? What if the administrator and/or secretary needs to come in to set up the technical aspects of the remote learning program on the school's computer system?

Obviously when schools are told to close it means children cannot attend in person classes. It does not mean the actual building has to be locked up and completely person free. That's ridiculous. Just like the fine on the restaurant owner for having his door open despite being allowed to be open for take out.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »
I have relatives who now or in the past have worked in mosdei chinuch: school secretaries, head of seminary, executive director, yeshiva dean, principal, rosh yeshiva, rosh kollel, maybe a few I'm forgetting.  I can imagine their response in this situation.

Instead of:
"You're the one writing a summons, so you must know something I don't know.  Which way do you want to go?"
I can imagine them saying:
"Maybe there's some mistake?  Our school is actually closed to students now.  Come, let me show you around.  Usually you'd hear 300 kids here, but sadly the classrooms are quiet.  We recently renovated our auditorium, I'd love to show it to you."

Instead of:
"I have to record you, because you give me a summons outside.  How can I not record you?"
"You may be concerned that your boss won't believe that the classrooms are empty.  Feel free to record what you see here."

Instead of:
"It seems like you guys have a list, that you just go around giving summons to.."
They would not feel the need to accuse an inspector of doing the job she's been assigned. That can be taken up with the mayor or the courts.

And there would undoubtedly be empathy with a government employee working out of the office, with an offer of a hot cup of coffee and a chance to use the restroom.
And they wouldn't consider "cut the nonsense" to be very polite.

But, of course, being able to communicate effectively is part of the reason they got their jobs.

Which approach would be a more memorable experience for more people (present or not)?

Someone should force Deblasio and Cuomo to watch this over and over again.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 08:11:16 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2020, 08:07:53 PM »
Not afraid to admit mistakes, have done that here before. 
But I stand by my initial post:  Were the requirements that schools be closed, or that classes not be in session?  If the former, then perhaps inspectors were told to issue summons whenever a school building is open.

Again, those questions were already answered.
  Perhaps they were not told that, and this inspector was improperly trained.

Duh this woman was not trained, none of the inspectors have been. That's why many have been thrown out before the summons date. That's a major part of the problem. They have been trained to summons and fine no matter what, which is why she doesn't even know what to do when she sees the school is empty.

I'd like to think you'd be plenty pissed if uniformed people came to your child's daycare and kicked them out illegally. This is what's been happening, only a few are caught on video.

It's not about disagreeing with people on a matter of opinion, I play the contrarion role plenty around here. Its's about watching the same video and instead of seeing what everyone's seeing, dreing yourself into a pretzel to try play devil's advocate, ignoring facts when they are presented, and holding a guy who was quite calm, reasoned, and merely incredulous to the highest level of political correctness in his most stressful moments.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2020, 08:30:23 PM »

We'd be lucky if we get even one of them to watch it even once.

And tomorrow a reporter will ask a question about this at a press conference and we all know the answer will be that they're unfamiliar with the incident  ::).

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
Politely take the inspector to view the empty classrooms, and she'd politely leave.
Lol
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2020, 08:46:14 PM »
Lol

Must have been pretty thunderous, my chandelier was shaking  ;).

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2020, 08:47:12 PM »
Deblasio will apologize & Cuomo’s response will be NO!!!!!

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
I have relatives who now or in the past have worked in mosdei chinuch: school secretaries, head of seminary, executive director, yeshiva dean, principal, rosh yeshiva, rosh kollel, maybe a few I'm forgetting.  I can imagine their response in this situation.

Instead of:
"You're the one writing a summons, so you must know something I don't know.  Which way do you want to go?"
"Maybe there's some mistake?  Our school is actually closed to students now.  Come, let me show you around.  Usually you'd hear 300 kids here, but sadly the classrooms are quiet.  We recently renovated our auditorium, I'd love to show it to you."

Instead of:
"I have to record you, because you give me a summons outside.  How can I not record you?"
"You may be concerned that your boss won't believe that the classrooms are empty.  Feel free to record what you see here."

Instead of:
"It seems like you guys have a list, that you just go around giving summons to.."
They would not feel the need to accuse an inspector of doing the job she's been assigned. That can be taken up with the mayor or the courts.

And there would undoubtedly be empathy with a government employee working out of the office, with an offer of a hot cup of coffee and a chance to use the restroom.
And they wouldn't consider "cut the nonsense" to be very polite.

But, of course, being able to communicate effectively is part of the reason they got their jobs.
Dude, you have got to be kidding me, I haven't heard such boich svaras since Kamala trying to explain how she both does and does not support the green new deal.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2020, 08:53:58 PM »
Dude, you have got to be kidding me, I haven't heard such boich svaras since Kamala trying to explain how she both does and does not support the green new deal.

Lol! Now its my turn  ;D.

(And someone up-thread said it should be Dudette ;))

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2020, 08:55:43 PM »
Lol! Now its my turn  ;D.

(And someone up-thread said it should be Dudette ;))
Dude is a gender-neutral honorific.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2020, 09:01:33 PM »
I feel bad for her she is doing her job, the higher ups are the ones to blame
["-"]

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2020, 09:04:23 PM »
I feel bad for her she is doing her job, the higher ups are the ones to blame

I don't think she was doing her job.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2020, 09:06:52 PM »
I don't think she was doing her job.
YOu can see on her reaction when he says school is not open it was a massive chiddush, she didn't think about it,

Just imagine  you're a plumber from one day to the next they tell you to build planes
["-"]

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2020, 09:10:19 PM »
YOu can see on her reaction when he says school is not open it was a massive chiddush, she didn't think about it,

Just imagine  you're a plumber from one day to the next they tell you to build planes

I don't think it was a massive chiddush to her. She didn't seem shocked. She seemed more worried about being recorded mailing it in on the clock.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2020, 09:10:28 PM »
Dude is a gender-neutral honorific.

Yah, I know. Was just saying it in jest  :).