Author Topic: Trump 2024  (Read 52889 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Trump 2024
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2021, 03:52:51 PM »

BS takes reason and obfuscates it with rhetoric. It is the diametric opposite of intelligent debate and still infinitely better than this gibberish.

Oh the irony
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2021, 03:54:01 PM »
Maybe yes, maybe no, but neither claim is factual AFAIK.
Well, one is an actual statistic while the other is conjecture.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2021, 03:58:45 PM »
I would venture to say that in 2020, at least in the second half of the year, there was not a single case of an unarmed Black that was killed by police that wasn't in the media.

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 25, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »
I would venture to say that in 2020, at least in the second half of the year, there was not a single case of an unarmed Black that was killed by police that wasn't in the media.
I looked over the WaPo data and I would say annual deaths are around 40, not 100 like I initially thought, (still 4x the '10' and only 2x less than '100'). Of course, this is only for shootings, not overall police killings.

If Conservatives are guessing it more accurately, it's because conservative media is so bad most conservatives watch liberal media.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 25, 2021, 04:18:49 PM »
Did you forget the $2000 checks were Donald Trumps idea?
Please remind me, was it also Trump who stuck in everything on the political wishlist including $15/hour minimum wage?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »
Here is a dataset with more tools. https://mappingpoliceviolence.org

In 2019 60 Blacks were killed by police while not unarmed or armed with a vehicle (presumably survey respondents didn't consider a vehicle a weapon), and in 2020 it was 49.

If you add 'unknown race' (presumably less white deaths would be covered up) the number jumps to 90 in 2019 and 112 in 2020.

Please remind me, was it also Trump who stuck in everything on the political wishlist including $15/hour minimum wage?
His bill had his own wishlist, like $700m to Sudan. Bills are consolidated, that's how it works.

Now go check how many Americans support a $15 min wage.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2021, 04:24:54 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/23/fact-check-how-many-unarmed-black-men-did-police-kill-2019/5322455002/

"Guys!!!! It was more than he said!!!!!"

He said: 8

It was: 13

Looooooooooser! Hahaahaha!

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 25, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/23/fact-check-how-many-unarmed-black-men-did-police-kill-2019/5322455002/

"Guys!!!! It was more than he said!!!!!"

He said: 8

It was: 13

Looooooooooser! Hahaahaha!
The article makes it very clear they believe it is far more than 13, but even לשיטתך he lied and turned 13 into 8

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 25, 2021, 04:29:45 PM »
The article makes it very clear they believe it is far more than 13, but even לשיטתך he lied and turned 13 into 8
I never said that Kirk didn't lie, and I didn't even say that Shapiro didn't lie. I was just bringing out the narrative they are so clearly trying to push.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 25, 2021, 05:32:22 PM »
Did you forget the $2000 checks were Donald Trumps idea? That's based on the WaPo database, which includes only people shot by police, not killed through other means like beating or tasering. The number of unarmed Black men fatally shot by police is likely higher than the Post's count due to a lack of comprehensive police records.

Overall, around 200/yr blacks are shot by police and 400/yr Whites. However, Blacks are under 15% of the population, so per capita Blacks are shot 3x more than Whites (of course most of the discrepancy is because there are more black criminals and not because of racist cops).

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any data on how many of those 200/yr are armed, so the WaPo count is based only on those that are confirmed to be unarmed, and omits close to 200 of whom it isn't reported at all if they were armed or not.

Personally, I find it plausible half were unarmed. If you take 100 as the real number - 46% of conservatives thought it was less, but only 37% of liberals thought it was more.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

And yet, Imagine how absurd his average arguments are.

You say blacks are only 15% of the population, but would you wanna guess what percentage of crime is committed by blacks? Shouldn’t that be the data your looking for?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 25, 2021, 05:48:12 PM »
You say blacks are only 15% of the population, but would you wanna guess what percentage of crime is committed by blacks? Shouldn’t that be the data your looking for?
Ummm, he wrote that

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 25, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
Ummm, he wrote that
My bad, 😳
I guess I’m used to skipping parentheses, I’m only goires brackets

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 25, 2021, 09:07:31 PM »

Nobody disputes the fact there are more black criminals. It's a chicken and egg question - are blacks genetically more disposed to crime (and therefore subhuman) or are blacks disadvantaged and therefore brought up with less regard for the law and succumb to temptation more often. It's the difference between the selfish approach and empathy.

At the end of the day, everybody agrees blacks are worse off, everybody agrees correcting it isn't the overarching objective of the generation that justifies sacrificing every white person, and there's a wide spectrum of legitimate opinions of how to balance the two. Then Ben comes in with his rhetoric of how many people on the street have a misperception of the statistical numbers of one manifestation, and obfuscates the actual merits of the debate.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 25, 2021, 09:27:09 PM »
Nobody disputes the fact there are more black criminals. It's a chicken and egg question - are blacks genetically more disposed to crime (and therefore subhuman) or are blacks disadvantaged and therefore brought up with less regard for the law and succumb to temptation more often. It's the difference between the selfish approach and empathy.

At the end of the day, everybody agrees blacks are worse off, everybody agrees correcting it isn't the overarching objective of the generation that justifies sacrificing every white person, and there's a wide spectrum of legitimate opinions of how to balance the two. Then Ben comes in with his rhetoric of how many people on the street have a misperception of the statistical numbers of one manifestation, and obfuscates the actual merits of the debate.
What does the amount of unarmed blacks shot by police have to do with how to deal with the way they are disadvantaged?

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 25, 2021, 09:32:26 PM »
What does the amount of unarmed blacks shot by police have to do with how to deal with the way they are disadvantaged?
Pointing out that liberals have their numbers wrong is usually an attempt to distract from the actual topic of how to improve black lives and obfuscate systemic racism.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2021, 09:34:55 PM »
Pointing out that liberals have their numbers wrong is usually an attempt to distract from the actual topic of how to improve black lives and obfuscate systemic racism.
Ahhh so you have no clue in what context it was said and what point he was trying to make but are advising him of doing something because you decided that most times. Got it.

Of course those who made up numbers are paragon of virtue.

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »
Ahhh so you have no clue in what context it was said and what point he was trying to make but are advising him of doing something because you decided that most times. Got it.
Let's see if somebody can bring up the original quote and we'll know if I assumed correctly or not.

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2021, 12:00:57 AM »

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2021, 12:21:31 AM »
Let's see if somebody can bring up the original quote and we'll know if I assumed correctly or not.
No difference whether or not you happen to be right

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2021, 09:47:43 PM »
You are missing one of CVS classic arguments- selective policing/enforcement.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.