Author Topic: Whoever hates apple, post here!  (Read 55002 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Whoever hates apple, post here!
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
Wow, well said Mordy!

Thing is, I actually respect Apple for switching from a tech company to a marketing company.  Jobs saw that the company couldn't survive as they had been operating for the past 20 years. So they created some simplistic beautiful looking products and stores and spent billions on polishing their image to transition themselves into a top-notch marketing company and addict millions of fanbois.  Not much unlike Prada or Gucci as E said before.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mordy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 11:31:54 AM »
Thing is, I actually respect Apple for switching from a tech company to a marketing company.  Jobs saw that the company couldn't survive as they had been operating for the past 20 years. So they created some simplistic beautiful looking products and stores and spent billions on polishing their image to transition themselves into a top-notch marketing company and addict millions of fanbois.  Not much unlike Prada or Gucci as E said before.

Yes, but the difference is that Prada or Gucci are actually IN the fashion industry, so being classier/fancier is actually what they are SUPPOSED to be. If you buy a walmart belt that reverses sides to choose a color based on your outfit, I think everyone would agree that a plain old non-reversing Gucci belt is far superior. Its the fashion industry, of course the more fashionable one should be more popular, even if you're paying more for the brand-name.

In the tech industry, its all about... TECH! Apple's tech isn't superior, but their fashion sense is. This makes it great for certain people, but its pretty easy to see how it would frustrate the more "techie" crowd.
I know tons of people who use and love Apple products because they are fashionable and fun, and I'd even recommend other Apple products to them. But I probably wouldn't accuse those people of being the most technically inclined.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:34:04 AM by Mordy »
Mobile Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Visit one of the Tech Blogs I write: http://www.techcitement.com

Offline Yitzter

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 03:33:21 PM »
I don't think even Yitzter would have a problem with them.
Low blow mordy, low blow. I wouldn't be able to live with a mac, I hate the whole interface, I don't like vista either, I strip it down anyway to that old grey basic look.

Anyway, I have my own reasons why I love PC over mac, I do like the ability to be able to do something, for example I like playing around with roms, I would prob have a pain in the a** time connecting my phone to apple.

Point is, you are right about the fact that it's for simple people. But by no means is it better then PC.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »
Low blow mordy, low blow. I wouldn't be able to live with a mac, I hate the whole interface, I don't like vista either, I strip it down anyway to that old grey basic look.

Anyway, I have my own reasons why I love PC over mac, I do like the ability to be able to do something, for example I like playing around with roms, I would prob have a pain in the a** time connecting my phone to apple.

Point is, you are right about the fact that it's for simple people. But by no means is it better then PC.
I have never connected my Phone to a computer (if your talking about a modem) With Apple as far as i know it's hell easier, like we all know the drivers are there and you dont need to download extra software for it. Though i have looked threw the settings and it looks real easy but i dont plan on using my Phone as a modem, my brother get a bill for it so i dont even want to get near it. If your not talking about the modem then sorry. If its syncing a centro? also you have regular palm desktop.
Zalman.

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »
I have never connected my Phone to a computer (if your talking about a modem) With Apple as far as i know it's hell easier, like we all know the drivers are there and you dont need to download extra software for it. Though i have looked threw the settings and it looks real easy but i dont plan on using my Phone as a modem, my brother get a bill for it so i dont even want to get near it. If your not talking about the modem then sorry. If its syncing a centro? also you have regular palm desktop.
I am talking about connecting the phone, whether it's for modem or syncing.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »
I am talking about connecting the phone, whether it's for modem or syncing.
Ok then my answer is good for both sorta.
Zalman.

Offline Mordy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »
Scrable, Yitz is talking about syncing his PDA-phone as well as hacking the rom and building custom firmwares, which I've been giving him some pointers on doing. Yes, the mac is very good at using a phone as a dial up modem, but that's already considered a standard feature and something they'd include. The problem comes up when you're trying to do something more complicated, like hack or modify the code, change the ESN number, etc...

Yitz, sync can be done with apps like Funambol and The Missing Sync, but full on connections to flash rom, etc, can really only be done if you boot into Windows or run an emulator.
Both are options if you ever find yourself in the situation once Apple's marketing takes over and they claim the entire computing market... (snicker)
Mobile Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Visit one of the Tech Blogs I write: http://www.techcitement.com

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 08:50:05 PM »
Scrable, Yitz is talking about syncing his PDA-phone as well as hacking the rom and building custom firmwares, which I've been giving him some pointers on doing. Yes, the mac is very good at using a phone as a dial up modem, but that's already considered a standard feature and something they'd include. The problem comes up when you're trying to do something more complicated, like hack or modify the code, change the ESN number, etc...

Yitz, sync can be done with apps like Funambol and The Missing Sync, but full on connections to flash rom, etc, can really only be done if you boot into Windows or run an emulator.
Both are options if you ever find yourself in the situation once Apple's marketing takes over and they claim the entire computing market... (snicker)

QFT, There would be no way a kitchen would run on mac properly. And being that I enjoy doing it. Besides I do a little networking, and it'll probably be more diffucult doing it on a mac.

You are 100% right about mac owners being simple and all. IMO That's what mac is, an overpriced piece of plastic that lights up.

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 10:56:02 AM »
im with yits on this one even though im not buying it it pisses me off when a company overcharges just because they have a name or because it looks cooler

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 12:41:39 PM »
im with yits on this one even though im not buying it it pisses me off when a company overcharges just because they have a name or because it looks cooler
Thanks for backing me here, I wasn't about to lose a war to some macbois. :-0.

Honestly I think that's the reason why people do not like them, they don't even make good laptops. They overheat like any other laptop. The only thing I will give them credit for is the magsafe. It's genuious.

If only dell would do that. Ok, now I am going to spend 1,000,000 on a apple because it's got magsafe, you won.

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »
Where do you have the iLife suite on  Vista or XP if you want we can get old fashioned windows 2000 . Don't give me no third party or something i have to pay for, and as easy to use as it as well.

Now this i can say, Microsoft is working hard with windows 7 to make something like iPhoto, thy have done a part of it already in Vista. And yes thy are doing it cause thy see that Apple is doing GOOD with it and people LOVE it.

I hate the plastic macbook not the computer but just that it's plastic, that's cause i always drum on it and after 8 months it started cracking a bit, just the edges. Other wise the computer is so much better then a PC i don't see what you guys are talking about. Now why would Dan buy a macbook Air if it had a removable battery? If os x sucks then why bother, just cause it's small? Why doesn't he buy a Lenovo or the Sony TX?

Macs get the performance you pay for, when i buy a PC with 1gb ram most of it is used by the OS and other software that i dont even want running behind the scenes, and every one says go to task manager and end it, but i dont even know which thing it is in there, even if i do end it it will come back when i restart again, macs dont just have your junk running like PC's.

Oh i forgot how long dose it take for your PC to start up?
Zalman.

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »
Where do you have the iLife suite on  Vista or XP if you want we can get old fashioned windows 2000 . Don't give me no third party or something i have to pay for, and as easy to use as it as well.

Now this i can say, Microsoft is working hard with windows 7 to make something like iPhoto, thy have done a part of it already in Vista. And yes thy are doing it cause thy see that Apple is doing GOOD with it and people LOVE it.

I hate the plastic macbook not the computer but just that it's plastic, that's cause i always drum on it and after 8 months it started cracking a bit, just the edges. Other wise the computer is so much better then a PC i don't see what you guys are talking about. Now why would Dan buy a macbook Air if it had a removable battery? If os x sucks then why bother, just cause it's small? Why doesn't he buy a Lenovo or the Sony TX?

Macs get the performance you pay for, when i buy a PC with 1gb ram most of it is used by the OS and other software that i dont even want running behind the scenes, and every one says go to task manager and end it, but i dont even know which thing it is in there, even if i do end it it will come back when i restart again, macs dont just have your junk running like PC's.

Oh i forgot how long dose it take for your PC to start up?

First off, Mordy already mentioned, mac is for simple people. Apprarantly, like you said, you wouldn't know what process to end, thereby making you the perfect candidate for the mac.

My laptop takes aproximately 35 seconds to start up. Well thats just because my laptop has a T9500-4GB RAM-320GB 7200 RPM HD. with 4 yrs accidental. The funny thing is that I only paid 1100 for it, whereas an equally spec'd apple would run me about 3500.

Kind of odd no?

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »
4 yrs accidental
that must be why it takes only 35 sec to boot

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
that must be why it takes only 35 sec to boot
That wasn't my point E. My point was the price. Had I only said that it had 4 yrs accidental it may have actually been funny, nice try though.

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »
First off, Mordy already mentioned, mac is for simple people. Apprarantly, like you said, you wouldn't know what process to end, thereby making you the perfect candidate for the mac.

My laptop takes aproximately 35 seconds to start up. Well thats just because my laptop has a T9500-4GB RAM-320GB 7200 RPM HD. with 4 yrs accidental. The funny thing is that I only paid 1100 for it, whereas an equally spec'd apple would run me about 3500.

Kind of odd no?
Well no Mac's are not for simple non tech savvy people, you have terminal which get's very technical.

With the price thingy, ye that mac is more expensive, im 100% sure that is not the regular price, the thing is on the mac thy stick to the regular price and don't put them on sale, there are so many reasons, 1 easy one for now, if i buy a Mac and come back a week later and it's on sale what will happen? thy need to give me the adjustment, thy don't want that, though allot of the reasons has to do with them making more money im not hding that from you at all, but Macs are NOT to much more expensive then PC's look at one at regular price and not a closeout.

Oh did i not mention a macbook pro can run VISTA faster then a PC with the same spec's, and dont say oh maybe compared to only one PC, it was compared to at least TWELVE PC's with the same spec's and the Mac was faster.
Zalman.

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »
Well no Mac's are not for simple non tech savvy people, you have terminal which get's very technical.

With the price thingy, ye that mac is more expensive, im 100% sure that is not the regular price, the thing is on the mac thy stick to the regular price and don't put them on sale, there are so many reasons, 1 easy one for now, if i buy a Mac and come back a week later and it's on sale what will happen? thy need to give me the adjustment, thy don't want that, though allot of the reasons has to do with them making more money im not hding that from you at all, but Macs are NOT to much more expensive then PC's look at one at regular price and not a closeout.

Oh did i not mention a macbook pro can run VISTA faster then a PC with the same spec's, and dont say oh maybe compared to only one PC, it was compared to at least TWELVE PC's with the same spec's and the Mac was faster.
I'd love to see some benchmarks. And where did you see this. I don't see how it will run vista "faster" with another same spec laptop.

Mac is A LOT more expensive then regular pc's. The macbook is around what 1300 for crappy specs, you can a 700$ laptop that will have the same specs. And will be just as fast.

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »
I'd love to see some benchmarks. And where did you see this. I don't see how it will run vista "faster" with another same spec laptop.

Mac is A LOT more expensive then regular pc's. The macbook is around what 1300 for crappy specs, you can a 700$ laptop that will have the same specs. And will be just as fast.
You see your starting to over price things here more then Apple, the macbook start's at $1099 and you can get a student discount of $100 plus now you can get a free iPod touch  ($299 value)

For the benchmark's it was even in the PC magazine (Thanks to Dan i get it free)

And check out PC World http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html
Zalman.

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 06:33:52 PM »
Yes, I actually just checked out apple. Ok lets say starting price is 1099.00 You get 1GB RAM (is this a joke?) Jeez, If I am paying anything more then 700$ I'd like to get at LEAST 2GB RAM, and with nowadays HD being so cheap, 120GB. WTF?

Dude, seriously give it a break, apple sucks, plain and simple, if you are happy with it, then fine. You aren't going to change my mind about apple.

I do give apple some credit for certain things, the magsafe. it's a genius idea. I am pissed at all the other company's that still don't have that technology. Apple has some cool stuff, but just because they have cool things, doesn't mean they gotta gouge the prices.

Like I mentioned before, it's not only apple, it's the people that use apple that also pisses me off, they think they are on top of the world just because they own a mac, damn you macbois.

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »
If you think this is all about getting you to switch to Mac? I couldn't care less what you used, this is about the fact that you HATE Apple, your simply just a fool, i bet you never really used it, b4 i got mine i went to the Apple store many times and never liked them, i got it anyway cause others told me it's much better, after i got it with in 2 week's i realized thy where all right about it.
"MAC IS THE BEST COMPUTER FOR SALE 2DATE" 
Zalman.

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 07:01:10 PM »
If you think this is all about getting you to switch to Mac? I couldn't care less what you used, this is about the fact that you HATE Apple, your simply just a fool, i bet you never really used it, b4 i got mine i went to the Apple store many times and never liked them, i got it anyway cause others told me it's much better, after i got it with in 2 week's i realized thy where all right about it.
"MAC IS THE BEST COMPUTER FOR SALE 2DATE" 
Keep on dreaming. I know you don't care about me going apple. A friend of mine purchased one, and he thinks it's the best product out there, just because he "heard" that apple is a phenomenal company.

People buy apples because they "hear" that it's good from other apple fans. I don't tell people to buy a dell because it's a good company. If the laptop is a solid piece, then no matter what company it is I'll suggest it, as long as it's within a reasonable price range. Apple is not.

The average consumer cannot afford it. The reason why people think it's so great, is because they think that being that it's more expensive, it's got to be better, WRONG.

Expensive isn't always better. And that's why a simple 600$ dell vostro is a phenomenal piece of equipment. It's got great specs, great video card, solid build quality, and guess what, it's only 600$.

I just got one for my friend, he paid a total of $750 for it, with great specs and 2 yrs accidental. Find me an apple that compares to that. If your going to say the macbook, please don't. In all honesty the macbook is a hunky piece of plastic that is no better then the vostro which is made from magnesium alloy. If anything, the vostro is better. For a grand total of only 600$(It retails for even less)