Author Topic: Who is gloating?  (Read 1453 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Re: Who is gloating?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 07:48:17 AM »
"I would implore everybody who's celebrating today to remember, it's good to be a humble winner.

"Remember when I was here four years ago, remember how bad that felt? Remember that half the country right now still feels that way," Chappelle said, referring to his first hosting gig on the show in 2016.

He brought up President Donald Trump's coronavirus diagnosis, joking that the President had great coverage in his personal health care plan, which provided him with a ride to the hospital in a helicopter, a team of doctors and experimental medications.

Chappelle said Trump's special treatment while he was ill was like taking a bag of burgers to a homeless shelter, eating them in front of the homeless and saying, "don't let hunger dictate your life," mimicking the President's infamous tweet after his recovery, when he told Americans not to fear Covid or let it dominate their lives.

But, he said, Herman Cain died of coronavirus and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was in intensive care with it.

"Where was his secret serum?" he asked of Cain's treatment.

"That's your leader. Think about that, for four years, that's your leader. What kind of man does that? What kind of man makes sure he's OK, while his friends are fighting for their lives and die?

"A White man. And I don't mean to put this on the Whites, but I've been Black for a long time, I notice the pattern."

Offline Bookish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 08:14:07 AM »
I joined to reply to this post.
This right here is the problem with Democrats.  They think white people are evil. As a white person,  I don't appreciate that. I prefer to judge people by the content of their character.

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 08:17:55 AM »
"I would implore everybody who's celebrating today to remember, it's good to be a humble winner.

"Remember when I was here four years ago, remember how bad that felt? Remember that half the country right now still feels that way," Chappelle said, referring to his first hosting gig on the show in 2016.

He brought up President Donald Trump's coronavirus diagnosis, joking that the President had great coverage in his personal health care plan, which provided him with a ride to the hospital in a helicopter, a team of doctors and experimental medications.

Chappelle said Trump's special treatment while he was ill was like taking a bag of burgers to a homeless shelter, eating them in front of the homeless and saying, "don't let hunger dictate your life," mimicking the President's infamous tweet after his recovery, when he told Americans not to fear Covid or let it dominate their lives.

But, he said, Herman Cain died of coronavirus and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was in intensive care with it.

"That's your leader. Think about that, for four years, that's your leader. What kind of man does that? What kind of man makes sure he's OK, while his friends are fighting for their lives and die?

"A White man. And I don't mean to put this on the Whites, but I've been Black for a long time, I notice the pattern."

I've never been Black and I've never been White, but I am definitely noticing some patterns

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 08:28:07 AM »
I joined to reply to this post.
This right here is the problem with Democrats.  They think white people are evil. As a white person,  I don't appreciate that. I prefer to judge people by the content of their character.
How about judging them by their actions?

Offline biobook

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 08:35:49 AM »
Proverbs, 24:17  Do not gloat when your enemy falls;  when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice

We're admonished not to gloat when an enemy falls, how much more so should we restrain ourselves at the misfortune of our fellow citizen.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »
"But, he said, Herman Cain died of coronavirus and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was in intensive care with it.

Who is this lunatic? Different people are affected by COVID differently. Viruses aren't racist.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 08:38:10 AM »
Who is this lunatic? Different people are affected by COVID differently. Viruses aren't racist.
I think you missed his point.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 08:38:13 AM »
I don't think there's anyone who denies that Trump is a clinical narcissist, whether they support or oppose him. Understanding the diagnosis is the first step in understanding the person's thought patterns and how to communicate with them.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 08:49:32 AM »
I think you missed his point.

The end was absurd, and ruined the beginning. He shouldn't have stuck it in.

I got COVID and recovered without any preferential treatment. That doesn't mean that I mock the virus or disregard its seriousness. A 99% recovery rate is still devastating. That should have been the point. Focusing otherwise, and then alleging that Cain was neglected due to the color of his skin, which is why Trump survived and he didn't, is egregious lunacy and worthy of Al Sharpton, not a sane person.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »
The end was absurd, and ruined the beginning. He shouldn't have stuck it in.

I got COVID and recovered without any preferential treatment. That doesn't mean that I mock the virus or disregard its seriousness. A 99% recovery rate is still devastating. That should have been the point. Focusing otherwise, and then alleging that Cain was neglected due to the color of his skin, which is why Trump survived and he didn't, is egregious lunacy and worthy of Al Sharpton, not a sane person.
He also talked about Christie. This wasn't just about color. He could have made his point differently.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 08:51:48 AM »
He also talked about Christie. This wasn't just about color. He could have made his point differently.
His point was that trump doesn't care about others because he is white. Now what? We are supposed to take him seriously?

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
His point was that trump doesn't care about others because he is white. Now what? We are supposed to take him seriously?
He had two points.
1 - Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself.
2 - There has been a pattern of Whites not caring about Blacks. He has history on his side to back that up.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
I think now would be a good time to point out that we are talking about a comedian performing on SNL.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 09:03:59 AM »
I think now would be a good time to point out that we are talking about a comedian performing on SNL.
...but also being serious.
https://youtu.be/Un_VvR_WqNs?t=812

Offline yos9694

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »
He had two points.
1 - Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself.
2 - There has been a pattern of Whites not caring about Blacks. He has history on his side to back that up.

History is one thing, but what do you have to say about someone who is openly racist today like Che? Now its "their" turn?