Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1058651 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheap car rentals in israel
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2010, 06:15:01 AM »
a good insurance to take is the scratches, dents etc not flat tyres, for $9/day (avis)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 06:53:54 AM »
a good insurance to take is the scratches, dents etc not flat tyres, for $9/day (avis)
mastercard world covers that

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 08:04:25 AM »
Liability is at least $14/day so the prices listed are a bit cheaper than most travel agents here, but around the same $20-$30/day with a WMC depending on season. Not too good to be true; just looks a bit weird that they are passing themselves off as officially part of Avis.

also do you have to give them your CC info and all, if yes why? The reses Ive made for people I have no idea what their info is except their legal name, no CC info except if they have WMC or not so the correct rate can be figured out.

sorry but unless I know who's behind a site I wouldnt want to be giving out my Personal and Private info that can be used and mess me up very badly, especially if all Im gonna be savings is literally a few bucks $10,$30 etcetc too small to risk everything on

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »
also do you have to give them your CC info and all, if yes why? The reses Ive made for people I have no idea what their info is except their legal name, no CC info except if they have WMC or not so the correct rate can be figured out.

sorry but unless I know who's behind a site I wouldnt want to be giving out my Personal and Private info that can be used and mess me up very badly, especially if all Im gonna be savings is literally a few bucks $10,$30 etcetc too small to risk everything on
You don't have to give your cc info, and for $7.80/day + $15/day for mandatory insurance it seems like it's worth investigating.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »
You don't have to give your cc info, and for $7.80/day + $15/day for mandatory insurance it seems like it's worth investigating.

1- you cant be talking about the 1st 1 of those 2 since even thou it lets U chose which Ins U want to take it clearly says in Red " Please Note! Insurance coverage are Mandatory, will be charged at time of rental". so you will have nothing to Dispute with your CC.

for #2 they dont show everything so be prepared that it will be there somewhere on the contract, the last thing I want to do is spend alot of time reading everything on all sides of those contracts instead of driving away. To each their own.

Now the savings of $7.80/day + $15 for ins is from where?? and what rental company did you get aquote from to compare? Just cause you may not have found the cheapest legit 1 doesnt mean much. My $6 I mentioned above wasnt per day but over 5 days or $1.20 a day
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:05:35 AM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »

1- you cant be talking about the 1st 1 of those 2 since even thou it lets U chose which Ins U want to take it clearly says in Red " Please Note! Insurance coverage are Mandatory, will be charged at time of rental". so you will have nothing to Dispute with your CC.

for #2 they dont show everything so be prepared that it will be there somewhere on the contract, the last thing I want to do is spend alot of time reading everything on all sides of those contracts instead of driving away. To each their own.

Now the savings of $7.80/day + $15 for ins is from where?? and what rental company did you get aquote from to compare? Just cause you may not have found the cheapest legit 1 doesnt mean much. My $6 I mentioned above wasnt per day but over 5 days or $1.20 a day
Where do you get rent from?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2010, 09:27:07 AM »
Where do you get rent from?

as numerous people on this site can attest to (and some have posted as such) what I quote them is usually the cheapest Legit rate out there. sometimes it will be due to a Confirmed Upgrade so they are paying for a lower Cat car yet will be confirmed for a higher 1 at time of the Reservation. I havent yet heard back from even 1 person that what I told them theyd get didnt happen and they were forced to pay more etc.

again I am NOT a TA and I do NOT earn even 1 cent on any rental, just trying to save some fellow Yidden some $$, at least those who ask me to try to

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »
im going to israel this coming monday landing 4/20 untill monday 4/26 im over 25 and have the contiental world card i got a quote for $27 for a ford focus it has some special with budget that they wont ask me to take the cdw insurance. I was wondering if thats a fair price or lf you have anything better thanks so much in advance

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
im going to israel this coming monday landing 4/20 untill monday 4/26 im over 25 and have the contiental world card i got a quote for $27 for a ford focus it has some special with budget that they wont ask me to take the cdw insurance. I was wondering if thats a fair price or lf you have anything better thanks so much in advance

OK last time for this advice:

people please realize that if you pick up a car say at 10am on 4/20 and return it at 9am on 4/26 thats a 6 day rental (thinking of flying in & out on CO 84 & 85) however if p/u on 4/20 @ 10am (CO 84) and returning 4/26 @ 10pm (flying back on CO 91) that = a 7 day rental. so if you want to compare rates it must be with all the same info

also if p/u and/or d/o @ the airport there will be a $27 tx so its important to mention if you will be p/u and /or d/o at the Airport or again you wont beable to properly compare Rates or get a proper 1 from me at least

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »

just some info for everyone the WMC negates having to take the Theft & CDW , there is NO WAY you will get out of paying for the Liability unless you take the CDW & Theft the rental company offers as they bundle the LI in with those 2 and give you 1 price for all 3.

They will 1000% charge you for the LI once you go for the car, you may Dispute it when you get back but many companies today have a * or a note that there maybe other charges not included. A company or site that didnt go thru a Dispute yet you might get lucky as they may not have put that up on their site as of yet, once they get a charge back 1 time they surely will. it doesnt matter if they werent up front about it as long as somewhere its on their site even if you had to click something to get to it, you will have an uphill battle that IMO in the end youd probably end up losing and paying for the Li. An exception maybe if you have a history of spending crazy amounts on the CC then they might eat it themselves that 1 time

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2010, 01:24:55 PM »
i would not recommend picking up from the airport as it takes a yoivel to get your car. i waited more than a half hour just to get the car rental shuttle. i think ill only be picking up from yerushalayim from now on.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2010, 07:48:08 PM »
with which company?

I heard thats the new deal?

What if I'd walk to the rental myself?

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2010, 09:11:40 PM »
too far

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2010, 09:30:59 PM »
too far

they closed those little rooms in the parking?

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »
yes

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »
with which company?

I heard thats the new deal?

What if I'd walk to the rental myself?

I believe its back at the lot they were using when all Intl flights were using Term2

However Avis Pres Club and Avis First members can still p/u their car at Term3 but must return it at the other lot and use the shuttle buses to get to Term3. could be the other companys have exceptions as well for their top levels

So if you have either of those levels with Avis continue to go to Level 1 and the Avis counter up there , and theyw ill take care of teh paper work and bring you to your car at Term3

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2010, 12:07:54 AM »
but good luck with getting an upgrade

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 12:42:11 AM »
but good luck with getting an upgrade

I already have that taken care of before getting there

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »
car rentals at ben gurion are in terminal 2. you have to take a shuttle from the terminal 3 to get there which officially run every 15 minutes, but you know how it is in israel.

when did they change it?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2010, 06:23:50 AM »
I believe its back at the lot they were using when all Intl flights were using Term2

However Avis Pres Club and Avis First members can still p/u their car at Term3 but must return it at the other lot and use the shuttle buses to get to Term3. could be the other companys have exceptions as well for their top levels

So if you have either of those levels with Avis continue to go to Level 1 and the Avis counter up there , and theyw ill take care of teh paper work and bring you to your car at Term3

Does it save me time? thats my main concern.