Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1058738 times)

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheap car rentals in israel
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »
I wonder what market a company thinks they're appealing by naming a car "Karnival"

Only in the US does the word Carnival mean what you think.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
Never seen one on the rental lot.

I've never seen a rental lot, only sidewalks and parking spaces in other stores etc... heimeshe matzav

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »
@Steve2
For Succos 2010. Probably for two-three days right before Succos, Sept 19-21 or if the weekly rate is worth it- from Sept 14-21st. Pick up in Yerushalayim.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
@Steve2
For Succos 2010. Probably for two-three days right before Succos, Sept 19-21 or if the weekly rate is worth it- from Sept 14-21st. Pick up in Yerushalayim.

OK thats what I thought but wasnt sure

Way too early for Succos for any kind of decent rates. Its just like the Airlines, you can buy a tkt now for next Pesach but it will very expensive since they dont have any idea what the reg rates will be. maybe mid summer before they know where they'll be standing

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2010, 05:21:49 PM »
I have heard that minivans are hard to come by then. Would that be a reason to book now?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »
I have heard that minivans are hard to come by then. Would that be a reason to book now?

if thats what you heard I imagine then thats the case, only as I said I dont think they have the disc rates yet and I cant think of a single person who will want to book it for you and keep checking back to see when & if the disc rates are up as yet. I dont know if its bookable yet on say Hertz.com

when I travel (thats all I do) 99% of the time I travel alone, so I never had the need for a van so I cant tell whats what, except its way too early for any disc rate

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »
ATTN steve2  or whoever:
I am looking for 9am April 30-9am May 3 ( 3 days) from TLV
I used Dan's code from budget
It came out to $94.70 for a mazda 3 as you can see below, OR $81 for a Gets
I understand that with a world mastercard I dont need cwd.
 So will that be my final price or is there hidden charges?
 Do you have better?
 Will 24 years old work for this price?  (A friend)
Thanks
______________________________________________________________________________________
rental summary
Rate ( USD ) 67.20 car
0.00 options 0.00 equipment & services0.00 protections
27.50  taxes & fees 27.50  total fees 
94.70TOTAL
rate rules
 3 day 0 hour rental  unlimited free kilometers  rate code BQ  taxes included  3 day minimum rental required  6 day maximum rental allowed
TEL AVIV ,  IL
Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:00 AM
Return:
same as pick-up location
Mon, 3 May 2010 09:00 AM

Car
 MAZDA 2 AUTOMATIC 5DR/5P
or similar .
 compact 2- or 4-door  automatic  air conditioned
 Offer codes
 BCD Z939000
 coupon none entered

step 3 of 4: choose my options     
        Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Protects you if car is accidentally damaged.
12.00/day more info
 Highly recommended for your rental! + add.Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
Third party injury/property damage coverage.
13.00/day more info
 + add
 .Theft Protection (TP)
Protects you if vehicle is stolen.
9.00/day more info
 + add
 .Fuel service option
We refuel your car at reduced per gallon prices.
Price is not included in your reservation total. Get prevailing market fuel rate and pay at rental time. more info
 + add
 .No-smoking - Budget maintains a 100% smoke-free fleet. .information for a driver with disabilities.
next .Not Sure What You Need?
Don't worry! You can always change options before your rental - either online or when you pick up your car.

.rates for rental period

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2010, 09:34:35 PM »
ATTN steve2  or whoever:
I am looking for 9am April 30-9am May 3 ( 3 days) from TLV
I used Dan's code from budget
It came out to $94.70 for a mazda 3 as you can see below, OR $81 for a Gets
I understand that with a world mastercard I dont need cwd.
 So will that be my final price or is there hidden charges?
 Do you have better?
 Will 24 years old work for this price?  (A friend)
Thanks
______________________________________________________________________________________
rental summary
Rate ( USD ) 67.20 car
0.00 options 0.00 equipment & services0.00 protections
27.50  taxes & fees 27.50  total fees 
94.70TOTAL
rate rules
 3 day 0 hour rental  unlimited free kilometers  rate code BQ  taxes included  3 day minimum rental required  6 day maximum rental allowed
TEL AVIV ,  IL
Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:00 AM
Return:
same as pick-up location
Mon, 3 May 2010 09:00 AM

Car
 MAZDA 2 AUTOMATIC 5DR/5P
or similar .
 compact 2- or 4-door  automatic  air conditioned
 Offer codes
 BCD Z939000
 coupon none entered

step 3 of 4: choose my options     
        Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Protects you if car is accidentally damaged.
12.00/day more info
 Highly recommended for your rental! + add.Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
Third party injury/property damage coverage.
13.00/day more info
 + add
 .Theft Protection (TP)
Protects you if vehicle is stolen.
9.00/day more info
 + add
 .Fuel service option
We refuel your car at reduced per gallon prices.
Price is not included in your reservation total. Get prevailing market fuel rate and pay at rental time. more info
 + add
 .No-smoking - Budget maintains a 100% smoke-free fleet. .information for a driver with disabilities.
next .Not Sure What You Need?
Don't worry! You can always change options before your rental - either online or when you pick up your car.

.rates for rental period

1- you are SOL on this 1 Big Time

go back onto Budget and go thru the motions when you get to page 4 where you need to fill in all your info, scroll down to the bottom right under the Orange "rent it" it says  "view surcharges for drivers under 25" click that it will say "This location does not rent to drivers under 25!"

2- also if you click on the "terms & conditions" and scroll to the bottom it clearly states if you dont purcahse the CDW & theft then Liability is Mandatory to purchase

3- so You will lose any Dispute when it comes to that with your CC, its there you just have to know where to look , so even if you 25+ youd NEVER get the car for this amount!!!! youd need to add in $13 per day on top of whatever the rate they quoted you

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2010, 09:36:47 PM »
Steve's right about the need to buy liability, but you won't have to pay a surcharge for being 24.
Been there, done that.
Did you look at the rate here: http://www.carrentalisrael.com/car-rentals.asp?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2010, 09:47:32 PM »
Steve's right about the need to buy liability, but you won't have to pay a surcharge for being 24.
Been there, done that.

well since Im slightly over 25 i cant comment if they will let a person slip by or not.

Avis has a policy of $7 if under 25 up to $70 max, its charged ONLY at the counter in Israel so it will not be apart of the agreement, I hardly doubt they will let anyone drive off w/o paying that , and if a person decides to Dispute it if using the link you suppliied they will be going after a non-Avis enity. just as they allow a person to rent w/o choosing any ins coverage they will hit the person for it as it says in Red in a few places once over there.

also on your link on the page where you fill in all the info by the "send" button click onto "terms & conditions" in purple right above it and Bingo all the amounts Ive been telling everyone they wont get away with are there in Red and White and Black  Underage fees, Mandatory Liaibilty etc etc.

Dont reserve it get there and make a Chilil HaShem by yelling at them and calling them names, YOU WONT GET A CAR W/O paying for these things and since its on the site You will LOSE any Dispute you file!

Dan you will not get your car for $7.80 net besides airport tax either, I just didnt go over the link with a fine tooth comb before Now, its all there as it is with budgets
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:50:31 PM by steve2 »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »
well since Im slightly over 25 i cant comment if they will let a person slip by or not.

Avis has a policy of $7 if under 25 up to $70 max, its charged ONLY at the counter in Israel so it will not be apart of the agreement, I hardly doubt they will let anyone drive off w/o paying that , and if a person decides to Dispute it if using the link you suppliied they will be going after a non-Avis enity. just as they allow a person to rent w/o choosing any ins coverage they will hit the person for it as it says in Red in a few places once over there.

also on your link on the page where you fill in all the info by the "send" button click onto "terms & conditions" in purple right above it and Bingo all the amounts Ive been telling everyone they wont get away with are there in Red and White and Black  Underage fees, Mandatory Liaibilty etc etc.

Dont reserve it get there and make a Chilil HaShem by yelling at them and calling them names, YOU WONT GET A CAR W/O paying for these things and since its on the site You will LOSE any Dispute you file!

Dan you will not get your car for $7.80 net besides airport tax either, I just didnt go over the link with a fine tooth comb before Now, its all there as it is with budgets

I saw it happen twice at the avis rental counter in TLV when i was there 2 weeks ago. I was waiting on the side calling AA mastercard to tell them i was in Israel so the charges would go through (Heads up: its a good idea to call before you go out of the country so your CC wont try and deny the charges thinking they are fraudulent). I saw it happen twice in the few minutes i was there. A frum (yeshiva bochur kind of guy) walks up with a rental confirmation and goes nuts when they tell him he as to pay for the insurances. The guy tries showing him his papers and how he was quoted a price, and how he didnt know etc...Obviously nothing worked. The avis guy even offered to show him on their site how its all there.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »
1- you are SOL on this 1 Big Time

go back onto Budget and go thru the motions when you get to page 4 where you need to fill in all your info, scroll down to the bottom right under the Orange "rent it" it says  "view surcharges for drivers under 25" click that it will say "This location does not rent to drivers under 25!"

2- also if you click on the "terms & conditions" and scroll to the bottom it clearly states if you dont purcahse the CDW & theft then Liability is Mandatory to purchase

3- so You will lose any Dispute when it comes to that with your CC, its there you just have to know where to look , so even if you 25+ youd NEVER get the car for this amount!!!! youd need to add in $13 per day on top of whatever the rate they quoted you

He was told by budget that with a world mastercard he does not need cdw, and was also told that liability is included in the price since you cant rent without it?
Also, if you look at the page I quoted from budget,  it says  that cdw is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR RENTAL, but I guess it's not mandatory?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »
I saw it happen twice at the avis rental counter in TLV when i was there 2 weeks ago. I was waiting on the side calling AA mastercard to tell them i was in Israel so the charges would go through (Heads up: its a good idea to call before you go out of the country so your CC wont try and deny the charges thinking they are fraudulent). I saw it happen twice in the few minutes i was there. A frum (yeshiva bochur kind of guy) walks up with a rental confirmation and goes nuts when they tell him he as to pay for the insurances. The guy tries showing him his papers and how he was quoted a price, and how he didnt know etc...Obviously nothing worked. The avis guy even offered to show him on their site how its all there.

Thanks

My main pt is its OK to go ahead and book it where underage and/or Liability is taken but DONT go NUTS over at the counter by carrying on and yelling and telling them you will sue them , dispute it etc etc they're a bunch of thieves.

KEEP in mind you wont be dealing with a Religious person and at least in my mind all you will accomplish is to have created a Chilul HaShem

So book it if you want to and when they tell you the Good News , accept it and dont say Boo or raise your voice

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »
Been there, done that.

It doesn't give you a final price, plus it tells you that insurance is not included. If you see a total price for the 3 days you can let me know. Thanks

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2010, 10:18:54 PM »
He was told by budget that with a world mastercard he does not need cdw, and was also told that liability is included in the price since you cant rent without it?
Also, if you look at the page I quoted from budget,  it says  that cdw is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR RENTAL, but I guess it's not mandatory?

You gonna have to do something that will be EXTREMELY hard for You to do = TRUST ME he will NOT get a  car w/o paying the underage and Liability. Budget will charge it and he will have to sue that agent in court alot of good that will do

Budget will submit to the CC proof that they have the info on their site as I pointed out to You above, the CC will side with Budget = Lose Dispute he can then try and go after the agent who book it but if he doesnt have in writting its in the price He will Lose

I spoke to an agent myself today and was told with Budget it was alot less then what I had  reserved mine for when I worked it all out Bingo the Liability wasnt there. Could be that agent was simply going onto Budget.com and making the res getting his cut and leaving it to you to sort out.Or maybe he raelly didnt know its all theer, after all it took me some time till I found it on both Budgets site and Dans link and I was all over Dans link plenty till I found it just before

Ive presented the FACTS the best i can and DAVID has backed it up (didnt ask him to as I didnt know it even happened)

as its said I can led a horse to water, but I cant make him drink it.

You each simply need to do as you please , just dont make a CH when yiou get over there!

moefl this is for you alone, PLEASE do not ask me to book you a car , I dont want you or anyone else to think Im saying all that I did in order to do the booking, I will NOT book this car for you. (besides I dont make even  a cent booking them) Book it wherever you want just know you will pay underage and liability. Dan said Budget wont charge underage so maybe they will get away with that
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:39:25 PM by steve2 »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2010, 10:42:45 PM »
If you rent from avis and get the blue mazda3 i had, can you check if my accapella cd is still there? ;D ;D

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
 People I mean what I say be it in a post,PM or email

If I say I wont book something for You for whatever reason,I mean it please dont PM or email me about it. Once I make that determination thats it

also Im heading West till next Tues so it will be very difficult for me to book or quote anyting till Im back in NY, then Ill be Overseas 5/2-5/6

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2010, 02:08:41 AM »

also on your link on the page where you fill in all the info by the "send" button click onto "terms & conditions" in purple right above it and Bingo all the amounts Ive been telling everyone they wont get away with are there in Red and White and Black  Underage fees, Mandatory Liaibilty etc etc.

Actually I'm also under 25 and I've never gotten charged by Avis, neither have my friends

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2010, 05:37:43 AM »
Do you need to pay with a world-master card to be covered for free, or its enough if you show them?

Is there anyway i could become an additional cardholder from someone? i will obviously not use it, its just to waive the insurance.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »
Do you need to pay with a world-master card to be covered for free, or its enough if you show them?

Is there anyway i could become an additional cardholder from someone? i will obviously not use it, its just to waive the insurance.

I can only speak for Avis and Eldan both will swipe the CC and if when returning want to use a different CC they will charge you for CDW. Avis joined Eldan in doing this apx 6 months ago