Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1058713 times)

Offline Monsey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheap car rentals in israel
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »
thanks guys for the replies, I think Monsey27 has the best option, as it stays free.

Is it the card at the bottom of the following link? (as it says nothing about WMC)

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/07/multi/PP/Elite/20K/default.htm?app=UNSOL&sc=4WNI15W8&m=4CMY3K80V0W&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=A&screenID=3016&uc=2UX&t=t&BTData=C02107D726D61745A504B4BB1BEB0A9AD95938493F9F7F1EDEAC5C2DE97517A6&BT_TRF=146&ProspectID=6B5512AF097A4B048CE8D4EB97DEB280
Yes thats the card im talking about and if you look in the picture of the card right above the mc symbol it says in small letters 'world'

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2010, 07:13:30 PM »
I see, thanks.

I thought of something, just want to know whether it makes sense.

I present the WMC when renting, so my insurance is free, hopefully nothing happens, then i pay with a different card, and say that Im not interested in the insurance.

chas vesholom I got some scratches, then I will pay with the WMC.

Offline Monsey

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
I see, thanks.

I thought of something, just want to know whether it makes sense.

I present the WMC when renting, so my insurance is free, hopefully nothing happens, then i pay with a different card, and say that Im not interested in the insurance.

chas vesholom I got some scratches, then I will pay with the WMC.
I dont think it will work because the insurance is mandatory and if you wanna pay with a different card and decline the insurance they wont let but rather charge you for it even if there arent any scratches

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »
at the end of my rentals they always ask me if i would leave it on the card or not. i highly doubt that when you return the car with no scratches that they would then change the whole contract and add the insurance should you elect to pay with cash at that point

Offline Levicohen

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »
Can anyone please suggest.

is this a good price for 3 weeks (21 days) June 20 - July 11
For a Mazda 3 or similar – 688$ from airport,
The price includes insurance (with a maximum deductible $ 600) and airport tax.
Price excluding VAT for Israelis

Please let me know if this is a good deal, or maybe not such a good deal?

Thank you.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2010, 02:25:15 AM »
at the end of my rentals they always ask me if i would leave it on the card or not. i highly doubt that when you return the car with no scratches that they would then change the whole contract and add the insurance should you elect to pay with cash at that point

I take it You didnt rent with Eldan or Avis and return it eitehr at The Airport or in Jerusalem. Since last summer they no longer will allow a person to use teh WMC and then when returning the car allow say a AMEX SPG. If you insist you want to use the AMEX theyw ill take it and charge you for CDW as if you Never gave them a WMC

Eldan has been doing it this way for a # of yrs now.Avis wouldnt let me switch when I returned the car after Succos. It can very well be that you rented with a company other then either of these 2 or got very Lucky

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2010, 02:25:41 AM »
I dont think it will work because the insurance is mandatory and if you wanna pay with a different card and decline the insurance they wont let but rather charge you for it even if there arent any scratches

Bingo we have a Winner

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2010, 05:12:55 AM »
Bingo we have a Winner

I was talking about the additional insurance for scratches and so on.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2010, 05:15:01 AM »
I take it You didnt rent with Eldan or Avis and return it eitehr at The Airport or in Jerusalem. Since last summer they no longer will allow a person to use teh WMC and then when returning the car allow say a AMEX SPG. If you insist you want to use the AMEX theyw ill take it and charge you for CDW as if you Never gave them a WMC

Eldan has been doing it this way for a # of yrs now.Avis wouldnt let me switch when I returned the car after Succos. It can very well be that you rented with a company other then either of these 2 or got very Lucky

I am taking the car in TLV airport.

I was asking a question, as I dont have the WMC.

I dont see why they should mind to switch card. they supposedly don't earn on the insurances.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2010, 05:35:06 AM »
I am taking the car in TLV airport.

I was asking a question, as I dont have the WMC.

I dont see why they should mind to switch card. they supposedly don't earn on the insurances.

back after Succos Avis told me they were getting hell from WMC that the CCs were being swiped and then the charge never appeared :-) , also it seems there were a few cases where the damage wasnt noticed till afterwards and Avis ended up holding the bag, as CDW wasnt purchased nor did the CC used in the end have it . So the person Disputes it and Avis was left out in the cold. This way they are covered.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2010, 07:26:54 AM »
back after Succos Avis told me they were getting hell from WMC that the CCs were being swiped and then the charge never appeared :-) , also it seems there were a few cases where the damage wasnt noticed till afterwards and Avis ended up holding the bag, as CDW wasnt purchased nor did the CC used in the end have it . So the person Disputes it and Avis was left out in the cold. This way they are covered.
no matter what cc you use, they cant charge you for the damage they find after you close out your contract, as who is to say that you caused it? once their drivers take that car out of park, im completely off the hook for anything they may subsequently find.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2010, 01:05:07 PM »
no matter what cc you use, they cant charge you for the damage they find after you close out your contract, as who is to say that you caused it? once their drivers take that car out of park, im completely off the hook for anything they may subsequently find.

true.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »

thats Fine, lets even say they can say what they want to and wont beable to do anything once its Disputed.

And lets go 1 step further and say WMC never called to complain. It doesnt matter as Eldan ahs been doing it for yrs now = Not allowing a switch to a CC that doesnt have the CDW coverage. I would imagine if say I have a Chase CO WMC and a Citi AA WMC but my Chase doesnt have enough left to clear the amount they put on Hold, so I use my Citi and when I return the car I tell them I want to switch and pay with my Chase WMC I cant see them saying not unless I pay the CDW, since both have the Coverage. What they wont let is the use of an Amex or VISA w/o then paying the extra it would have had I taken their CDW as well

If anyone has Recently been able to switch which CC they pay with when they returned the Car Please post the name of that Company that you rented from. Of cause if they charge alot more for the rental itself then IMO it doesnt pay to rent with them.

I was only interested in switching basically since the WMC was suppose to charge the 3% fee for outside the US usage.It didnt with my Rental after Succos and hopefully wont again , but its still cheaper to pay that 3% then to pay for the CDW the rental companys are charging which BTW come with a deductable that youd be responsible for anyway unless you chose to go with Premium CDW and pay more $$

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
3% ? that is really a lot for a master card.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »
3% ? that is really a lot for a master card.

nope they charge that as well for any FOREX charge. It was only a few yrs ago that they decided if if the charge is in US$ they will hit us with the 3% as well. I have a CC that doesnt charge me the FOREX fees and even throws me back 1 1/4% rebate but no CDW as its a VISA

3% is what almost Every US Bank is charging, even Amex is up to 2.875% and as of yet I havent been hit with that if its in US$

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »
for a mastercard this is tons, and very mean to charge that if its in us$

Offline Monsey

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »
What?

it was just another way to say I Agree and that you are correct 100%

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Thank you Steve2
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
I just got back from Israel yesterday, and I wanted to thank Steve2 for hooking me up.
I got a $179 rate for a Hyundai Getz Automatic inc. airport tax for 8 days. (I'm 22 and have WMC). Also when i picked it up the gas was slightly less than full so he marked it as "G7" ("G8" being full), and when I returned it (I filled up in J-lem before driving to the airport) it was marked full so they credited me $20.....
All in all great experience....

Thanks!

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Thank you Steve2 from me too!
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2010, 04:49:51 PM »
I would also like to add a thank you for my recent rental that Steve2 hooked me up with for my Israel trip last week. Everything went smoothly and exactly as anticipated for a good deal.