Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1058666 times)

Offline Chachem Balaileh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Gold, KingFisher Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Gold,Accor Gold,National Executive, Hertz PC,Delta Gold medallion
Re: Cheap Israel Car Rentals Master Thread
« Reply #680 on: February 01, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »
Just posting a followup on my recent expierence in renting a car at hertz in TLV thru Noachcar-israel...
I would recomend anyone that needs a car rental to go with him.
Price by far was cheaper then any quote i got.
Was able to put in my gold member number to earn rewards.
Amazing customer scvs=You have whom to call if need be.i had slight issue at the hertz counter in israel called Noach from there spoke to a live rep & problem resolved.

Looking for car  @ Ben Gurion AP Returning @ Ben Gurion AP

Class: Mazda 6 or similar (or better...)
Dates: 1/25 5:00(AM)  -  1/31 10:00 (AM)
I have a WMC.
:) Smile & G-d will give u a reason to smile

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 19, 2012, 07:53:36 AM »
Question :)

In December I had a small issue when returning a car at Hertz e.g. they said I made a big dent on the trunk when in reality there was a dent already there and in fact was marked (albeit with the incorrect symbol) on the paper they give you when taking the car.

They called me a week or so after the rental to fight with me but after I explained to them the error and how their attendant agreed that they put down the wrong symbol, they closed the open rental contract and processed the final regular charge as they should.

Any reason to suspect I'll have trouble with the same branch on my upcoming rental, is there anything they could do retroactively? to play it safe should I just use a different branch?

TIA

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 19, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »
saw this on kayak.com
pickup/do Jerusalem mazda 6
33$ a day [or 29$ with continental code ]
if course it doesn't include wdc but still the price seems to be dirt cheap, is there anything else hidden here?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Mendel72

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 19, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »
Does any Israel car rental have a 9 passenger automatic?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #684 on: February 19, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
saw this on kayak.com
if course it doesn't include wdc but still the price seems to be dirt cheap, is there anything else hidden here?
Don't know what you mean by "wdc", but if you mean before insurance, the regular every day "base" rate is $32
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 19, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »

In December I had a small issue when returning a car at Hertz e.g. they said I made a big dent on the trunk when in reality there was a dent already there and in fact was marked (albeit with the incorrect symbol) on the paper they give you when taking the car.

They called me a week or so after the rental to fight with me but after I explained to them the error and how their attendant agreed that they put down the wrong symbol, they closed the open rental contract and processed the final regular charge as they should.

Any reason to suspect I'll have trouble with the same branch on my upcoming rental, is there anything they could do retroactively? to play it safe should I just use a different branch?

TIA

bump - anyone in israel have any advice?

Offline NoachCar-Israel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • http://NoachCar.co.il
  • Programs: Customer Service Is #1!
« Reply #686 on: February 19, 2012, 02:29:14 PM »
saw this on kayak.com

CDW+TP insruance can be $20-30 add per day, so total per day is at least $53+, You can do a lot better...
Israel Car Rental Agency www.NoachCar.co.il

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 19, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
bump - anyone in israel have any advice?

I'm not in Israel - but I would say you should walk around the car with the guy when he's marking down the dents. Make sure he marks down every single scratch and dent.

I went with someone to rent a car and the car they wanted to give him looked like it just went mud sliding.  The renter told the agent that he's not taking the car unless they take it for a carwash. He didn't care that it was dirty, its just that you can't possibly see all the dents and scratches when the car is very dirty.

My point is that if they don't mark down the dents when you take the car, they will blame everything on you. You shouldn't hesitate to point out all the scratches.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 19, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »
I'm not in Israel - but I would say you should walk around the car with the guy when he's marking down the dents. Make sure he marks down every single scratch and dent.

I went with someone to rent a car and the car they wanted to give him looked like it just went mud sliding.  The renter told the agent that he's not taking the car unless they take it for a carwash. He didn't care that it was dirty, its just that you can't possibly see all the dents and scratches when the car is very dirty.

My point is that if they don't mark down the dents when you take the car, they will blame everything on you. You shouldn't hesitate to point out all the scratches.

correct, however can a rental agency charge you additional fee/payment for damages on a previous rental that they claim are your responsibility 2-3 months down the road after the original rental agreement has been closed, the charge processed and credit card statement paid?

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Cheap Israel Car Rentals Master Thread
« Reply #689 on: February 19, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »

TIA

correct, however can a rental agency charge you additional fee/payment for damages on a previous rental that they claim are your responsibility 2-3 months down the road after the original rental agreement has been closed, the charge processed and credit card statement paid?
I think there's no reason for you to worry at all,
once they closed the contract the system probably wouldn't bring it up again,
even if you would'v made a dispute with your cc company,I don't think there's a problem going back to that branch, my friend made a chargeback and didn't have any issues,
if that doesn't put you at ease, I would call up that branch innocently, give them the contract no. and ask them you just wanna make sure its paid and current, they'll probably tell you its closed,

p.s. sorry for the bump
I'm just say'in©®

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: February 19, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
CDW+TP insruance can be $20-30 add per day, so total per day is at least $53+, You can do a lot better...
I know... I know.. noach!
[aren't we in contact via different frequency?;)]
I actually typod wdc instead of CDW I know the price doesn't include that,
can I still do better ?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 19, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »
No prob, thx! I spoke with them today about a new reservation and perhaps if G-d forbid the system had something flagged they would have brought up the issue...once the charge appears on the CC statement, the rental agreement is considered closed AFAIK.

From a legal perspective, they can't charge a CC # on a past rental agreement months later without a signature can they?

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 19, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
No prob, thx! I spoke with them today about a new reservation and perhaps if G-d forbid the system had something flagged they would have brought up the issue...once the charge appears on the CC statement, the rental agreement is considered closed AFAIK.

From a legal perspective, they can't charge a CC # on a past rental agreement months later without a signature can they?
the technically can, but so can you dispute it with no problem
I'm just say'in©®

Offline NoachCar-Israel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • http://NoachCar.co.il
  • Programs: Customer Service Is #1!
« Reply #693 on: February 20, 2012, 02:48:23 AM »
Does any Israel car rental have a 9 passenger automatic?

Thrifty Albar has them.
Israel Car Rental Agency www.NoachCar.co.il

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #694 on: February 20, 2012, 03:53:14 AM »

i rented in lga not to long ago and upon return in jfk they showed me a dent that was on the car which i had no idea of, and noone checked the car when i picked up, so i wrote that on the papers that they gave to fill out and so far never got contacted. it was over a month ago.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 20, 2012, 05:39:01 AM »
i rented in lga not to long ago and upon return in jfk they showed me a dent that was on the car which i had no idea of, and noone checked the car when i picked up, so i wrote that on the papers that they gave to fill out and so far never got contacted. it was over a month ago.

has the final charge appeared on your CC statement? if so, iyh you never will

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #696 on: February 20, 2012, 07:56:35 AM »
has the final charge appeared on your CC statement? if so, iyh you never will
yes it did. and iy"h i wont hear of them as you say

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 20, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »
PSA:

The Hertz romema branch today wouldn't accept my Citi AA Visa Signature Platinum card car rental insurance even though I had a letter to prove that I am covered in Israel. They claimed that they only recognize the coverage when the benefit administrator is Visa or the CC company themselves but not in my case were a 3rd party administrates the benefit such as 'Chubb Insurance' which covers my particular card.

Was this just a sneaky move to make an extra $50, or have others experienced this as well? I ended paying for the insurance though I put it on a Amex Plat so perhaps I can file a complaint with them or Hertz?

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 20, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »
PSA:

The Hertz romema branch today wouldn't accept my Citi AA Visa Signature Platinum card car rental insurance even though I had a letter to prove that I am covered in Israel. They claimed that they only recognize the coverage when the benefit administrator is Visa or the CC company themselves but not in my case were a 3rd party administrates the benefit such as 'Chubb Insurance' which covers my particular card.

Was this just a sneaky move to make an extra $50, or have others experienced this as well? I ended paying for the insurance though I put it on a Amex Plat so perhaps I can file a complaint with them or Hertz?
that's bad news. but why shouldn't you try the king David branch?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 20, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
PSA:

The Hertz romema branch today wouldn't accept my Citi AA Visa Signature Platinum card car rental
She's clueless! And unhelpful!