Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1058989 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheap car rentals in israel
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »
I just got back from Israel yesterday, and I wanted to thank Steve2 for hooking me up.
I got a $179 rate for a Hyundai Getz Automatic inc. airport tax for 8 days. (I'm 22 and have WMC). Also when i picked it up the gas was slightly less than full so he marked it as "G7" ("G8" being full), and when I returned it (I filled up in J-lem before driving to the airport) it was marked full so they credited me $20.....
All in all great experience....

Thanks!

good to hear it all went smoothly

Did you have to pay the $7 a day Underage fee? there were a few posts on the other page saying its not charged, I said I was told its collected over there and so I mention that to those it might affect , I wouldnt want someone to get over there and find out they were being charged for it, so Id rather have someone not take a car then in the end to take it and get charged when i said not to worry about it

even if You werent charged the $7 I STILL will tell anyone under 25 that once there they may be charged the fee, Id rather that then say Everyone doesnt pay it and Bingo this 1 guy gets it charged.just the way I am

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
 alittle OT, But I too would like to Thank another DD member. I spent the afternoon today with none other then our very own SuperFlyer who showed me around his city here in Belgium

A day Well spent with a very nice person anyone who will find themselves in Belgium will be doing themselves a tremendous favor by hooking up with SF

Now its 11pm and besides having an early flight in the morn back to NY,I want to walk around and check out alittle of Brussels being that that was what I thought I was going to be doing all day, but spent it in another city instead and NO REGRETS for having done so

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »
Thanx for the thanx dude.

Steve2 got a free initiation tour. The. Next guys coming to visit will pay or availability permitting pay with miles.

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »
good to hear it all went smoothly

Did you have to pay the $7 a day Underage fee? there were a few posts on the other page saying its not charged, I said I was told its collected over there and so I mention that to those it might affect , I wouldnt want someone to get over there and find out they were being charged for it, so Id rather have someone not take a car then in the end to take it and get charged when i said not to worry about it

even if You werent charged the $7 I STILL will tell anyone under 25 that once there they may be charged the fee, Id rather that then say Everyone doesnt pay it and Bingo this 1 guy gets it charged.just the way I am

Actually, I wasn't charged an underage fee, which I was very surprised about.

alittle OT, But I too would like to Thank another DD member. I spent the afternoon today with none other then our very own SuperFlyer who showed me around his city here in Belgium

Maybe we should start a dedicated "Thank You" thread....

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »
I just got back from Israel yesterday, and I wanted to thank Steve2 for hooking me up.
I got a $179 rate for a Hyundai Getz Automatic inc. airport tax for 8 days. (I'm 22 and have WMC). Also when i picked it up the gas was slightly less than full so he marked it as "G7" ("G8" being full), and when I returned it (I filled up in J-lem before driving to the airport) it was marked full so they credited me $20.....
All in all great experience....

Thanks!
What did you think about the traveling with the shuttle to the car rental place at ben gurion airport? what a shlep it was for me.

I alomost missed my flight last Monday, when the shuttle was full when arrived to my car rental place, and i had to wait for the next one which got full before getting to pick us up.
Missed 3 shuttles WHAT A MESS

Never renting at the TLV airport again

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »
What did you think about the traveling with the shuttle to the car rental place at ben gurion airport? what a shlep it was for me.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When I got there, I squeezed onto a shuttle just before it was leaving, and when I returned I didn't have to wait too long either... So, I guess it's luck....

Offline Chachem Balaileh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Gold, KingFisher Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Gold,Accor Gold,National Executive, Hertz PC,Delta Gold medallion
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2010, 11:43:50 AM »
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When I got there, I squeezed onto a shuttle just before it was leaving, and when I returned I didn't have to wait too long either... So, I guess it's luck....
Israel Trip Report:
AVIS:I just got back from israel rented a mitsubishi grandis from avis in tlv paid a total of $288 with full ins due to qusetions as to regarding coverage thru world mc.
The shuttle experience was horrible,too crowded takes forever people pushing to get on with all their peklach.
Ended up taking a cab to term 3.

DC Hotel:Great Hotel great price thanks to "moish"(interesting story)

MERON:Went to meron far better/less crowded by day then on motsei shabbos

Food:Decks in teveria no comparison to any place new york has to offer.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:56:20 AM by Chachem balaileh »
:) Smile & G-d will give u a reason to smile

Offline ygift

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »
what kind of shuttle are you talking about?? I renter at the airport also and they are on the airport location. there is no shuttle. the rentals that Steve2 arranged for me was with avis. is there a better deal out there now??
Steve2 btw i left u a message on ur cell phone if ur back already please call me i need to ask u something . thanx

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2010, 02:44:01 PM »
what kind of shuttle are you talking about?? I renter at the airport also and they are on the airport location. there is no shuttle. the rentals that Steve2 arranged for me was with avis. is there a better deal out there now??
Steve2 btw i left u a message on ur cell phone if ur back already please call me i need to ask u something . thanx

Oh thats was U who called I couldnt make out a name and when a phone is shut off it doesnt list missed calls, expect a call shortly.

As for the Shuttle Unfortunatley its True it started 4/11 , Those who have 1 of the 2 top levels with Avis can still p/u at Term3, BUT EVERYONE must return it at T2

Im heading over next week, but will p/u at T3. could very well be depending what time a person arrives it might be best to use Nesher to/from Jerusalem and waste their time getting a car in Jerusalem,I say "waste" since its usually a very long process, till they get to you and then till they drive teh car up to the place.Could be the place on Bar Ilan would be quicker only they dont have a huge seclection there so youd be stuck with whatever they have   Sort of like a meal on aplane , the FA asks youif you want to eat and you ask do I have achoice and they answer sure do Yes or No

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
After Pesach, I booked as an Israeli (including VAT) with no MCW 3 day rental for a Nissan Tida  (unlimited miles) for about $120. I'm Under 25. I'm pretty sure that's a very good deal - much cheaper than anything else that I could find online. I rented at the Avis on Yirmiyahu (Bar Ilan). I got the number from my brother in law,  there's an Avis agent in the US and they book it for you. Call 201-750-2050. Obviously if you are over 25, use a MCW or book a cheaper class it'll be less. They also give you a free upgrade on every rental - subject to availability.

Im heading over next week, but will p/u at T3. could very well be depending what time a person arrives it might be best to use Nesher to/from Jerusalem and waste their time getting a car in Jerusalem,I say "waste" since its usually a very long process, till they get to you and then till they drive teh car up to the place.Could be the place on Bar Ilan would be quicker only they dont have a huge seclection there so youd be stuck with whatever they have   Sort of like a meal on aplane , the FA asks youif you want to eat and you ask do I have achoice and they answer sure do Yes or No

The whole process took about an hour. I didn't want to wait for them to pick up the car and bring it to me, so I went with them to pick it up and take it directly from there. They drove me 4 levels down in the RavShefa parking lot. They have a LOT of cars there! Tons. with Avis stickers on them. I'm not sure that they're all actively in the fleet, although, if that's the case, why would they be there? It seemed like they took up the whole parking lot. I returned it at the Avis on King David, (the branch was empty then) and I asked how long the wait would be when renting a car by them. They told me it can take an hour, it depends on the day - there's no express check out there or at any other branch in Israel  - even if they advertise Avis Preferred, bec. the Israeli laws don't allow it. So I guess it can take a while anywhere, not just in the airport.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:08:09 PM by moldyearwax »

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »
i just returned a brand new (10km) renault fluence (a D but bigger than a mazda 3) after 6 days to yirmiyahu (picked up there). total price including tax (16%) but with MCW was $185. is that a good price?

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2010, 04:18:28 PM »
Israel Trip Report:
AVIS:I just got back from israel rented a mitsubishi grandis from avis in tlv paid a total of $288 with full ins due to qusetions as to regarding coverage thru world mc.

For how long???

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:04 AM »
When looking at some car rental sites, I noticed on some that different companies in Ben Gurion have different standards. For example, Budget clearly showed a symbol for a shuttle, while Hertz and Europecar for example, showed pickup in airport itself.
  Is that the case? Do some companies still have the cars right at the airport?

Offline Yosel

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »
When looking at some car rental sites, I noticed on some that different companies in Ben Gurion have different standards. For example, Budget clearly showed a symbol for a shuttle, while Hertz and Europecar for example, showed pickup in airport itself.
  Is that the case? Do some companies still have the cars right at the airport?
No, Not anymore. as of a few weeks ago

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »
To get excellent deals via Avis in israel go to www.flya1.com/avisil/
The price quote you will ge
t, will be all in. (Airport surcharge, high season charge, etc, as well as liability insurance)
If your preferred card offers upgrades (where available), it will be added on top of what is offered.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »
Unfortunately, not needless to say, that only serious requests should be made, as a human being is reviewing them, and I would like still some time to enjoy the benefits of those rates.

One DD member a/r saw what I got and for how much, last week (no need to go into details)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2010, 06:51:50 AM »
When getting a quote: he will state what insurances are incl, and when replying (to confirm) let him know the credit card number, so that he can waive some insurances, if applicable.

Once again, don't be a pain, and stick to the point please.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2010, 06:53:28 AM »
If your preferred card offers upgrades (where available), it will be added on top of what is offered.

Meaning whatever is offered to you, ignores the fact that you might get upgrades, and the upgrades will be worked out at time of vehicle pickup.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2010, 08:58:38 AM »
I updated http://flya1.com/avisil/ to work with all avis IL rental locations.

Offline batzelda1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2010, 09:51:27 AM »
I tried using the link for 22 King David but after you click submit, it takes you to a correction page where you can only chose TLV, ashdod or beer sheva