Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1058901 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheap car rentals in israel
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2010, 06:29:37 PM »
I tried using the link for 22 King David but after you click submit, it takes you to a correction page where you can only chose TLV, ashdod or beer sheva

I tried and it works.

however, for some reason, if you dont have everything correctly filled in, when you get your second try, it will only give you a fraction of the options.

try filling everything correctly, and in the meantime, I'll check out what the problem might be.

(if incorrect, just start all over)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2010, 05:35:53 AM »
I tried using the link for 22 King David but after you click submit, it takes you to a correction page where you can only chose TLV, ashdod or beer sheva

no idea came along, as just part of the script was deleted...

Anyway, its now fixed.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:35 AM »

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2010, 10:04:56 AM »
Unfortunately, not needless to say, that only serious requests should be made, as a human being is reviewing them, and I would like still some time to enjoy the benefits of those rates.

One DD member a/r saw what I got and for how much, last week (no need to go into details)

Sorry to tell you , theres absolutly Niothing to enjoy except for Way Over Paying at least regarding the info you sent me if in fact $492 was the rate he sent you for that other person

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
Sorry to tell you , theres absolutly Niothing to enjoy except for Way Over Paying at least regarding the info you sent me if in fact $492 was the rate he sent you for that other person

you looked for 14 days, on the day that I gave you (all high season), mazda3 (not upgraded to it, but as a standard), incl all fees and insurances?  (part might be removed later on with wmc, etc.

please confirm.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »
you looked for 14 days, on the day that I gave you (all high season), mazda3 (not upgraded to it, but as a standard), incl all fees and insurances?  (part might be removed later on with wmc, etc.

please confirm.

sent U an email

but Yes BTW what kind of high season? yur guy is Ripping U off!

OK my quote includes a Free Upgrade  whats the difference ALL that matters is how much the person will have to pay in the end! and that they are Confirmed at the time of the res with the car type they want or higher.

back to the drawing board for You

Everyone just FYI if SF is in fact able to secure a better rate I myself will end up reserving via his contact so I actually Hope that he is able to secure a reliable lower rate then what I can get, as I will save some $$, but if things stay as is I can practically drive from Yeru to Meron and back and pay for the gas with the savings , and have a few $s left over still

its that much more by SF at this time. Im sure that he might over time be able to get a better deal but right now thats simply not the case
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:19:02 AM by steve2 »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2010, 11:02:41 AM »
The point is, if the guy renting has a card that would give him an upgrade, he won't receive it, as he got it already.

So I should basically look for a lower ranked car.

Still informing.

We need to get to the bottom of this. ;-)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »
The point is, if the guy renting has a card that would give him an upgrade, he won't receive it, as he got it already.

So I should basically look for a lower ranked car.

yep and I bet it wont make a differnce yur guy will still be more only by less of a gap

also mine would be Confirmed,by him relying on whatever it is he has, he has to hope that when he gets there they have someting to Upgrade him to.Ive been there when All the companies were very short on cars = No Ups given at the Office Unles it was already a Confirmed 1. Sort of like getting Upgraded on a flight. If instead of using whatever a person has and goes with the free up when the Carrier gives it , well if they sell out of FC or Biz then the poor sap is left sitting in Coach (I just might be that poor sap comes next Thurs, I want to see how UAs new system works and didnt UP at the time of purchasing my LA tkt)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
 PLEASE take Note!

for the forseeable future I will not be able to make a res for a car rental in Israel, things may change and if they do I will post about it here.

May I suggest you contact SuperFlyer who has been working on setting something up and it probably will give you a faster quote as it will be set up Online, if I learn of any other good options I will post about them on here, but seems SF has worked something decent out

for those I was able to help till now with a rental Im happy I was able to Help You out and save you a few bucks

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »
 just a Heads Up for the 2nd time I used my Chase CO CC WMC and again I wasnt charged the 3% FOREX fees on the total, since Chase says they will charge even if its in US$ as long as its a charge done outside the US

cant say what other Banks are doing

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
For my past rental I tried out 2 reservations, one through Steve2 and one from http://www.carrentalisrael.com/car-rentals.asp?
The one from http://www.carrentalisrael.com/car-rentals.asp? was the cheapest when I got there so I took that one.  For 3 days it came out to $95 with a World MC with the mandatory LI insurance and the TLV surcharge.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2010, 10:33:26 PM »
It was $95 all incl?
What car level and which company?
If you got an upgrade please specify.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:47 PM »
It was $95 all incl?
What car level and which company?
If you got an upgrade please specify.
Yes, $95 all in (but not including $125 for a stupid little scratch that I didn't make and didn't do a walk-around at 4am after 4 connecting flights into TLV)
Avis, reserved Getz Auto, cat. B
Upgraded to a decent sized 4 door renault with a trunk that held a few suitcases.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2010, 12:57:22 AM »
Yes, $95 all in (but not including $125 for a stupid little scratch that I didn't make and didn't do a walk-around at 4am after 4 connecting flights into TLV)
Avis, reserved Getz Auto, cat. B
Upgraded to a decent sized 4 door renault with a trunk that held a few suitcases.

didnt U have a WMC? that should take care of it. Or do someone I know who had a few dots on his new car that was dark blue so the white premier showed, turns by chance he parked the car just where some kids ended up having a mud throwing fight and hit the door and just so happened to have covered those spots.

of cause when he returned the car the guy sees the mess and simply touches it to see its nothing but some mud and proceeds to check the car in as it went out and my friend went on his merry way to the Club

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2010, 01:18:15 AM »
didnt U have a WMC? that should take care of it.
I do, the rental was paid on my CO PP card, will file a claim soon and see what happens.

They also dinged the person returning next to me for a small scratch that they allegedly made, so it seems to be a common practice.
I cant stress this enough, but even if you're dead tired from the flight be sure to do a thorough walk-around and make sure they mark every imagined dot on the car on the sheet.

Never had any such problem with dozens of Avis rentals in the US, even times that I actually did put a scratch on the car.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:20:33 AM by Dan »

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2010, 01:31:28 AM »
Using "http://www.carrentalisrael.com/car-rentals.asp?" , how do I figure out how much insurance to add? (I do have a world mc)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2010, 01:32:31 AM »
point is that even if crash the car you dont pay if you use wmc

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2010, 01:33:32 AM »
The car I reserved was $22.50 for 3 days, the airport tax is $27 I believe, which leaves about $46 for 3 days of insurance.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2010, 01:34:06 AM »
point is that even if crash the car you dont pay if you use wmc
You pay and need to fill out a lot of paperwork and hope for the best.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2010, 01:36:16 AM »
The car I reserved was $22.50 for 3 days, the airport tax is $27 I believe, which leaves about $46 for 3 days of insurance.

If I reserve something better than ur reserved getz, like a mazda3, should the insurance be higher?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:51:58 AM by moefl »