Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1059125 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: cheap car rentals in israel
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2010, 01:37:09 AM »
not in my numerous experiences. even when there was bona fide damage (passenger door no longer opened due to impact) i just filled out the paperwork, and thats it

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2010, 01:45:57 AM »
not in my numerous experiences. even when there was bona fide damage (passenger door no longer opened due to impact) i just filled out the paperwork, and thats it
Well, not in TLV.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2010, 01:52:46 AM »
point is that even if crash the car you dont pay if you use wmc

not so fast, if a person owns a car and has auto ins then the CC is secondary and they 1st need to file a claim with their ins company. If they dont own a car and thusly dont have any ins :-) , then the CC is Primary

Sure a person can claim they dont have any auto ins and sign the papers saying that, but Ins Fraud is something I wouldnt touch with a 1000 foot pole

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2010, 01:54:29 AM »
not so fast, if a person owns a car and has auto ins then the CC is secondary and they 1st need to file a claim with their ins company. If they dont own a car and thusly dont have any ins :-) , then the CC is Primary

Sure a person can claim they dont have any auto ins and sign the papers saying that, but Ins Fraud is something I wouldnt touch with a 1000 foot pole

Does private auto insurance cover you for a Israel rental?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2010, 01:58:22 AM »
Does private auto insurance cover you for a Israel rental?

even if it does no company in Israel will let U drive away w/o some type of coverage for the CDW, be it a WMC or buying theirs

the couple of times I had some real damage due to an accident I was asked if I contacted my ins company and told them No since I dont have 1. I had to sign some papers they sent me to that extent, signing that you dont when U in fact do have car ins is Ins FRAUD

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2010, 02:02:05 AM »
If I reserve something better than ur reserved getz, like a mazda3, should the insurance be higher?

with Avis i believe that a CatA-C is $12 , CatD is $14 not sure what it is off hand above D but it does increase as the Cat goes up. and if you pay for say a CatA Getz manual but end up with a Mazda3 Cat D they wil charge you $14  a day and not what the Getz M would have been

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2010, 02:03:08 AM »
even if it does no company in Israel will let U drive away w/o some type of coverage for the CDW, be it a WMC or buying theirs

the couple of times I had some real damage due to an accident I was asked if I contacted my ins company and told them No since I dont have 1. I had to sign some papers they sent me to that extent, signing that you dont when U in fact do have car ins is Ins FRAUD

But since I do have car insurance, if something G-D forbid happens, does it go to my private auto insurance or my wmc?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2010, 02:05:15 AM »
with Avis i believe that a CatA-C is $12 , CatD is $14 not sure what it is off hand above D but it does increase as the Cat goes up. and if you pay for say a CatA Getz manual but end up with a Mazda3 Cat D they wil charge you $14  a day and not what the Getz M would have been

Sound good, but then 3 days in a cat a-c should be $36. How did Dan get to ONLY $22.50

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2010, 02:11:01 AM »
Sound good, but then 3 days in a cat a-c should be $36. How did Dan get to ONLY $22.50

he didnt U are mixing up the base rate for the car which was $22.50 and what the ins was

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2010, 02:14:18 AM »
But since I do have car insurance, if something G-D forbid happens, does it go to my private auto insurance or my wmc?

I would expect your own ins 1st and if they Decline it or dont cover it all then the CCs ins steps in. Now most people have a deductable and Im not sure how that works. wait alittle while and Im sure Dan will fill U in or will post %#@$!(*&^% when talking about having to pay the $125 out of his own pocket

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2010, 02:15:50 AM »
he didnt U are mixing up the base rate for the car which was $22.50 and what the ins was

You are right. I mixed it up. He payed $46, which comes out to $15.33 a day, although im not sure what exact cat he got in the end.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2010, 02:19:01 AM »
Worse than the $125 they held me up for an hour to type up a "report" and then it took another full half an hour for a shuttle to come that time of night which nearly made me miss my 1:20am friday morning flight.  It was a good thing I left the Ramada a full 3 hours before my flight or I never would have made it!

The nice thing was myself and the other victim convinced some other people to not rent from Avis TLV while we waited.
If they're going to try to make a quick buck off their customers it felt good to cost them a few more bucks while waiting for the report...boy were they furious.

Plus you should have seen how steamed they were when I refused to sign the "I agree with the account of this report and it is correct"
They didn't want to release the report until I signed but in the end they just signed it themselves and gave it to me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:25:48 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2010, 02:19:49 AM »
Dan, the last I read, you had AVIS CHAIRMAN STATUS. So why did you only end up with a '4 door renault'? Also what cat is that?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2010, 02:23:58 AM »
Dan, the last I read, you had AVIS CHAIRMAN STATUS. So why did you only end up with a '4 door renault'? Also what cat is that?
Because Avis TLV is not really Avis.

It's some crappy no-good Israeli company licensing and dirtying the Avis name.

No idea what category it was, but it was def. an upgrade over the Getz and it only had a couple thousand kms. on it.  They claimed it was higher than a Mazda 3 which is what I asked for.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:26:44 AM by Dan »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »
Worse than the $125 they held me up for an hour to type up a "report" and then it took another full half an hour for a shuttle to come that time of night which nearly made me miss my 1:20am friday morning flight.  It was a good thing I left the Ramada a full 3 hours before my flight or I never would have made it!

The nice thing was myself and the other victim convinced some other people to not rent from Avis TLV.
If they're going to try to make a quick buck off their customers it felt good to cost them a few more bucks while waiting for the report...boy were they furious.

Plus you should have seen how steamed they were when I refused to sign the "I agree with the account of this report and it is correct"
They didn't want to release the report until I signed bu in the end they just signed it themselves and gave it to me.

Now I understand the %$#@!&^ that U used the other day when talking about the Return

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2010, 02:27:47 AM »
 No car rental company is owned by its name sake in Israel or most of the World, even here in the US alot of places and even some Airports are Franchised. Much like most Hotels

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2010, 02:29:36 AM »
No car rental company is owned by its name sake in Israel or most of the World, even here in the US alot of places and even some Airports are Franchised. Much like most Hotels
I thought all Avis in the US/Canada are corp owned?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2010, 03:01:29 AM »
Because Avis TLV is not really Avis.

It's some crappy no-good Israeli company licensing and dirtying the Avis name.

No idea what category it was, but it was def. an upgrade over the Getz and it only had a couple thousand kms. on it.  They claimed it was higher than a Mazda 3 which is what I asked for.

If that's the case, did you have something else going for you that got them to upgrade you to a mazda3 (or higher), or was it just plain some sweet talking at the airport? And if you really didn't have anything, were you really willing to walk away with a getz?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2010, 03:03:22 AM »
If that's the case, did you have something else going for you that got them to upgrade you to a mazda3 (or higher), or was it just plain some sweet talking at the airport? And if you really didn't have anything, were you really willing to walk away with a getz?
They still respect Avis First/Pres Club/CHM members but they just give them minor upgrades as well as allow them to pick up the car (but not drop off) at the terminal.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2010, 03:07:45 AM »
They still respect Avis First/Pres Club/CHM members but they just give them minor upgrades as well as allow them to pick up the car (but not drop off) at the terminal.

So, if I (without any status) want a mazda3, I better reserve it, or at maximum one class lower and hope for the best, unless I can do some major sweet talking at the airport. Right?