Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1059185 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: cheap car rentals in israel
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2010, 03:12:21 AM »
with Avis i believe that a CatA-C is $12 , CatD is $14 not sure what it is off hand above D but it does increase as the Cat goes up. and if you pay for say a CatA Getz manual but end up with a Mazda3 Cat D they wil charge you $14  a day and not what the Getz M would have been
The real question is why does the insurance rate go up for nicer cars if the whole point of the insurance is for liability for the other person's car...after all it doesn't cover damage to your own rented car!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2010, 03:13:54 AM »
So, if I (without any status) want a mazda3, I better reserve it, or at maximum one class lower and hope for the best, unless I can do some major sweet talking at the airport. Right?
Even if you reserve a Mazda3 you won't necessarily get it...they're very crooked there.  Sweet talking may work if you talk well and they have extras.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2010, 03:18:35 AM »
With your above website I was quoted $151.94 for a mazda3 for 14 days (end of june-July). I would assume that I need to add about $200 for the mandatory insurance, bringing the price to $350. Is that right? And is it a good price, or not?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2010, 06:20:45 AM »
ive rented dozens of cars in israeli avis and never had that isuue. if you reserve a mazda 3 thetll give you someting in that same catergory. are you referring to that they might not give you an actual mazda 3? if so that would be quite ridiculous. as far as respecting chairmans club, if you speak with the chairmans desk, theyll tell you that chairmans is only "binding" in the us and canda. so avis in israel gives a double upgrade. in jerusalem only up to a mazda 6 if available, and in the airport, even a mercedes (h) if you reserve a mazda 6 (f)  if you reserved a b, you shouldve gotten a d (mazada3 or similar) which is probably what you got as i assume youre referring to a renault fluence which last time i rented, was still considered a d even though its bigger than a mazda 3

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
With your above website I was quoted $151.94 for a mazda3 for 14 days (end of june-July). I would assume that I need to add about $200 for the mandatory insurance, bringing the price to $350. Is that right? And is it a good price, or not?

dont forget gas is $7.40 a gal  and almost every where you go in the Citys you will have to pay for Parking either a lot or meters or muni meter. so U might be better off planing you stay where U might not need to have a car for the entire time. get a parking tkt and it will cost what the total rental does and then the rental company will tack on a very nice fee for handling it

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
Even if you reserve a Mazda3 you won't necessarily get it...they're very crooked there.  Sweet talking may work if you talk well and they have extras.

I wouldnt say they are Crooked what so ever. They ahve their T&Cs and a person just has to follow them. Have you ever rented in Costa Rica ? teh Israelis are extremely tame in comparison

It seems you didnt do your homework (checked the car before driving off ) and how do you know someone didnt scratch  the car, they dont care that you didnt do it the Question is was it there when you took it, since you didnt go over it the Only person to Blame is yourself

My sheet had x's in places on a car that had only 1200 kms on it and I wasnt even able to find what they Xed off. then you used a Link that got it extra cheap so they probably wanted to make up for some of that loss, the same happens to me here in teh US, last time in LA my 3 day weekend cost me $25.50 for a compact instead of the going rate of $68 (Codes and coupons) when I dropped it off they went over it with a fine tooth comb. This weekend Im paying $32 when the going rate is $72 so I expect that again they will do a full check.

did u small talk with the guy when you brought the car back that was doing the checking eg , how do U like it over here compared to T3 , for a CatD is this the best car you guys have , if yes or no ask why.  If not again you are to Blame.

You may be right why should you have to do this, but Im 1000% sure you do it at a Hotels checkin to try and score a better room or view. While simply presenting or saying you Status to them should be enough, wait not even that since it should be there on the res for them to see, yet we all know that the small talking will many a time be the difference between a nice room or view to a Great one

But I will admitt I dont have a wife that is fighting for attention at those times. So simply explain to her when you Must turn your full attention away from her in order to make sure things hopefully go smoothly during certain times

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 26, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »

Guys, am I correct in my calculation, and is that a good price for a Mazda 3 for two weeks?

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2010, 06:37:26 PM »
The real question is why does the insurance rate go up for nicer cars if the whole point of the insurance is for liability for the other person's car...after all it doesn't cover damage to your own rented car!

nicer/heavier car leaves more of an impact on the other car   ;-)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »
nicer/heavier car leaves more of an impact on the other car   ;-)
:D

Offline yeshivaman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
In my experience renting in israel, when they start telling you that there are scratches you tell the (low-level) employee checking the car that you want to "work with him". 50 shek usually works but sometimes it takes 100. I have had the extreme case where it cost me 200, but Machmoud at Hertz in Jrslm took a carton of (duty-free) Marlboro Lights instead, which wasn't that tough for me...
i wish i knew what i was doing...

Offline yeshivaman

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »
Sorry, I meant Budget (the one next to the gas station around the corner from Avis)
i wish i knew what i was doing...

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2010, 05:25:32 AM »
Budget lives of the scratches.

That's why I stopped using them.

For me its avis, bedi'eved hertz.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 27, 2010, 02:06:54 PM »

when I was living over there last time and had a car, the Petuach Hovah was more money as the car got bigger and more money.(bigger engine size)

The PH is 3rd party liability, so Im sure its a profit center for the rental companies . Also a Honda Civic which cost way less then my car was alot more for reg ins. Best not to apply the way things are done over here to over there

Offline bestwatchman

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
I need a rental minimum of mazda 3 from tlv, pickup 6/18-8/4, 3 drivers, two of us 22 other is 30, I don't have a world mastercard, no vat... If someone could advise me how to get the best price, i would greatly appreciate it! I submitted sf's form but it doesn't have place for the extra details, (suggestion: maybe add a additional info field)
Thanks in advance

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
What would you like to add?

Offline bestwatchman

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
What would you like to add?

I was suggesting on ur form there be a blank space where people can put in anything that may add to the cost (e.g. additional drivers)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2010, 01:03:30 AM »
Additional driver you can ask at car pickup.

Offline bestwatchman

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2010, 05:26:07 AM »
Additional driver you can ask at car pickup.
When I'm comparing prices I like to know the full amount in advance

Offline exfallsburg

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
Okay let me give this a shot.... ;D

I'm arriving July 22 at 4pm
I'm leaving Aug 2 at 10 am
I'm 23
I will have a MCW (my Dividend Mastercard is getting devalued and this is about the only positive aspect)
I'll need an automatic (although I'm considering learning stick on a rental, I can get one into gear but that's about it :-\)
Preferably a Mazda 3.

Oh and I want to p/u and d/o in TLV.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
Israel is a bad place to learn new tricks...