Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1059192 times)

Offline ygift

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Israel Car Rentals Master Thread
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »
has anyone used baruch fryman in jerusalem before.  He just gave me an all-in monthly rate of 570, which is well below everyone else.  Appears to be affiliated with sixt shlomo
Ive used baruch frieman many times and I believe his prices are the best except for what steve 2 was able to do with avis this past winter (which he said he no longer can do)
he is affiliated with budget (sixth) and also avis. He gives the best rate that he can which the last few years has been most of the time with avis

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »
Looks like the place I rented from just went up from 29NIS to 79NIS per day for group B.
I guess it was too good to be true...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »
Finally decided to join the forum after Eli's request.

Dan or Steve 2 do you know if I reserve a car with avis online or with a rep for Jerusalem if it includes tax and cdw? On the phone the rep says it includes tax. I have a hunch that it does not.

Also online they are not chrging extra for high season in the summer when you call agents here they quote much more due to high season. Can they charge me high season if my reservation is confirmed at the regular price?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »
Finally decided to join the forum after Eli's request.

Dan or Steve 2 do you know if I reserve a car with avis online or with a rep for Jerusalem if it includes tax and cdw? On the phone the rep says it includes tax. I have a hunch that it does not.

Also online they are not chrging extra for high season in the summer when you call agents here they quote much more due to high season. Can they charge me high season if my reservation is confirmed at the regular price?

1- what tax? only an Israeli (be it if born there or became afterwards) has to pay tax = VAT , but if an Oleh rserves it and still has a non-Israeli passport and has been in the country less than 90 days and his non-Israeli PP doesnt ahve any mention of their Israeli PP then they probably can get away w/o paying the VAT

2- I would assume if you have  aprint out showing a rate less then what they are charging when you pick it up they will change the rate to the cheaper one. Sort of like an airline tkt you purchased a tkt NY-LA for $298 ai and then afterwards some time they raise the amount but the fare basis still stays teh same , you arent charged any extra when you check-in

Thats why I always told everyone I booked for to print out the confirmation and take it along with you. BTW its a good idea for Hotels and anything else you might have paid for or reserved for.

3-as for CDW I assume (and thats very Dangerous to do) that if U didnt tell them you had a WMC (World Master Card) that they charged for CDW, or they simply might not have and when you get there and dont have a WMC will then and there charge you. Its best to know Exactly what their Quote included and didnt some places will leave off the Airport tax of $27. alot of this is so that their Quote will be less then any others and Bam when you arrive its too late to look around and see if you can get a better deal. A Walk-in usually will pay more $$ then anyone else, as you are at their mercy and they know it, thats anywhere

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2010, 06:18:56 PM »
Thanks

I am on a student visa so they charge tax

Im worried that they will say there is a searate high season surcharge added on whe n u rent

they say on the hone cdw is included in rate. I have a world MC anyway if needed

thanks

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
I generally (when getting a way above average deal), take a print screen, and so on, and forward it to my BBB.

To how: if you pm me ill try to help

Offline youG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2010, 09:07:34 AM »
Looking for car in Jerusalem from  july5-9 morning prefer med car Mazda 2 or higher any deals? For 23 yr old driver

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
 come people are we trying to prove to the others that Jews arent smart?

how can someone really think that they can PM someone from Israel at 2:30pm Israeli time (7:330am NY) and expect to have someone make them a car res to pick it up at 3:30pm Israeli Time that same day at a local branch not TLV. thats with wanting to get a quote 1st of what it will cost before making the res to boot

bout the only thing possible wuld be a pick-up at the Airport if that but later in the evening

and having 770 as part of your handle well

BTW for car quotes please PM or contact SuperFlyer

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2010, 06:23:26 PM »
I spoke to avis here in Isarel they said my rate is not including tax and that i will still have to pay liability insurance!

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
I spoke to avis here in Isarel they said my rate is not including tax and that i will still have to pay liability insurance!

1- Everyone in case you dont understand what I wrote, EVERYONE renting a car in Israel has to pay for 3rd party Liability

2- since you dont have a Valid Tourist Visa you also have to pay the VAT (sales tax) no different then any Israeli, I dont understand what you are troubled about?

3- wait till U pull up into a gas station to fill up its apx $7.75 a gal! which is cheap compared to many Countries in Europe!

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
1- Everyone in case you dont understand what I wrote, EVERYONE renting a car in Israel has to pay for 3rd party Liability

2- since you dont have a Valid Tourist Visa you also have to pay the VAT (sales tax) no different then any Israeli, I dont understand what you are troubled about?

3- wait till U pull up into a gas station to fill up its apx $7.75 a gal! which is cheap compared to many Countries in Europe!

At the moment it's about $6.75.
 In the beginning of the week it was 6.35 nis a litter in Yeru, and 6.18 in Tiberias. Now it went up about 20 agurot. Still, with the dollar being about 3.85 nis, it keeps a gallon under $7. STILL TOO EXPENSIVE!

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »
Looks like the place I rented from just went up from 29NIS to 79NIS per day for group B.
I guess it was too good to be true...

And the group D that I currently have went from 42 to 96 by now! Thanks Dan, and whoever else introduced that site here. It seems like im from the last ones here to have gotten use from it.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »
I'm looking to rent a minivan in israel for a couple of days, must have 8 passengers. I see that avis has a 9 passenger, but it's manual. Hertz has a Hyundai H-1, 9 pass, automatic but I'm not sure  if it drives like a US minivan or a truck. Any ideas? Is renting over the web the best way here?
Last time I spoke to either place they had no automatics for more than 7 passengers. If you find  out otherwise please post . Can you do two cars instead? Otherwise you may not have any option other than to hire a driver....

Offline airfly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2010, 12:15:01 PM »
Last time I spoke to either place they had no automatics for more than 7 passengers. If you find  out otherwise please post . Can you do two cars instead? Otherwise you may not have any option other than to hire a driver....

I also did a fair amount of research and spoke to someone who indicated there is a van automatic with 8 pass, but they are overbooked. Some places had vans with 7, but doesnt help us too much. Some of the Avis sites show a Hyundai H1 which has 8-9 pass, but can't seem to book.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2010, 02:39:37 PM »
Did you check alternative pickup locations?
This only automatic seems to become a handicap outside the usa.
How about learning to drive shift?

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »
I also did a fair amount of research and spoke to someone who indicated there is a van automatic with 8 pass, but they are overbooked. Some places had vans with 7, but doesnt help us too much. Some of the Avis sites show a Hyundai H1 which has 8-9 pass, but can't seem to book.
Did you speak to someone in Israel or the regular Avis line? I sent emails to Avis and Hertz  in Israel - both said the automatic is on the website but doesn't actually exist.

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 06, 2010, 11:18:22 AM »
my friend is looking  for a mazda 3 from july 27 till aug 11 he has a world master card ihe is 23

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2010, 12:33:27 PM »
If your friend can change his plan, I'd suggest the following. As the price after this friday increases because of the season, a fast on top of my head calculation tells me, that renting this friday for 1 month (meaning to return it a bit earlier then you wanted), cost the same as taking just the time that you needed it (2 weeks).

Tip: second driver is very cheap in israel.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
If your friend can change his plan, I'd suggest the following. As the price after this friday increases because of the season, a fast on top of my head calculation tells me, that renting this friday for 1 month (meaning to return it a bit earlier then you wanted), cost the same as taking just the time that you needed it (2 weeks).

which makes great sense if the person who is renting happens to be in Israel now, otherwise if the car is rented by this Fri and the person who needs it isnt there and is rented by someone else then the person renting it will have to use their CC and be a Legal Tourist to avoid the VAT and be very close to the other person as they will hav eto pay them in ca$h in order to keep the car covered under the CDW WMC

Personally there are very few people Id do this for, as too many things can go wrong and leave me paying for everything and chasing after the other person

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2010, 01:11:41 PM »

he is only arriving in israel july27 any other sugestion he has now a reservation for around 600$