Topic Wiki

Use the format below, with the most details possible.

Pickuup tlv airport jan 31 2020 12:30am
Drop Off location:TLV airport
Drop Off Date & Time:feb 10 2020 10pm
Preferred Car Size:midsize
Age (if under 25):over 25
Credit Cards:sapphire visa

Page @hocker. if he doesn't respond...
@NoachCar-Israel used to post here a while back, but you can still use his website: www.NoachCar.co.il

Author Topic: Israel: Need help finding a rental car? Post here!  (Read 1067776 times)

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: air canada elite
Re: Cheap Israel Car Rentals Master Thread
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »
understood that all airport have off campus rentals but each company has buses which are driving non stop picking up passengers . having 1 bus being mesavev lchol hamachanos is a disgust. its a way for israeli franchised car rentals to save a buck. no other rental company in the u.s would treat customers the way these israelis do .

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2010, 10:02:32 AM »
understood that all airport have off campus rentals but each company has buses which are driving non stop picking up passengers . having 1 bus being mesavev lchol hamachanos is a disgust. its a way for israeli franchised car rentals to save a buck. no other rental company in the u.s would treat customers the way these israelis do .

I guess you never rented at FLL or LAS or ONT etc etc as more and more US Airports are moving to a separate building located within a 15 min drive from the Terms and the only way to get there is by an Airport bus that serves just the Car Rental Building. My pt is TLV was late in coming to this party. At EWR and JFK you need to schelp onto a train and then get off at a stop and walk over to the car rental booths, I like TLV alot better then having to do this, both EWR and JFK dont have Car Rental shuttle Vans circling any longer and havent for years

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2010, 10:10:52 AM »
i agree on all your points yyz,mia,lax etc but and i repeat in israel they have 1 bus going around in circles the termianl till all seats and standing spaces are full and then you continue on to the car rental area . 1 bus ? come on , cheap israelis

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:31 AM »
i agree on all your points yyz,mia,lax etc but and i repeat in israel they have 1 bus going around in circles the termianl till all seats and standing spaces are full and then you continue on to the car rental area . 1 bus ? come on , cheap israelis

I dont know the exact # of buses but Ive seen more more then 1, when I was there.

Why do I have a feeling that if you just missed the bus and it had either no one on it or 1 or 2 people youd be here complaining, why did it leave when it wasnt Full with people. It leaves and heads over to the CRF on a fixed time basis, I highly doubt it simply goes around and around at the Term till it fills up, since there probably are people waiting at the CRF to take it back to check-in for their flights

I liked the old way much better myself but you are obiviously venting w/o knowing the facts

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2010, 10:29:10 AM »
chotosi ovisi poshati

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2010, 10:50:12 AM »
chotosi ovisi poshati

no need just if you dont know what the facts are dont post what you dont know to be true or not. You could have posted , I like the old way they did things better then to make up things which arent true (although at times maybe a bus will circle they usually dont and I have seen them arrive at the CRF empty of any people)

remember that other people will be reading what you post and can take what you post at face value and thereby you have feed them misinformation and got them mad for no reason, or worse had them decide to do something else which otherwise they wouldnt have done.

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
i dont think its worth it for anyone to rent a carfrom bengurion terminal unless they come with the car to the terminal , otherwise it is a tremendous pain nothing like any other CRF in any other airport.
find a small car rental company that does not have a airport facility and therefor will come to the airport and deliver the car to you at arrivals.
ive spoken to many many people who have toold me about their disasterous occurance at ben gurion. i advised them to do as such and they were very happy.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2010, 11:17:28 AM »
I just rented at ewr and I actuall found the monorail very convenient.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
I just rented at ewr and I actuall found the monorail very convenient.

I dont but once had someone who was and they were dropping me off at home and so I went on the monorail, since I was returning from Yom Tov in Israel I was loaded down with bags and it was a hassle and glad I didnt have to go thru it every time I came into EWR as my car is parked there instead.

I also didnt see what the whole fuss is about at TLV although I preferred the old way, if I was traveling with a family I would simply go by myself to get the car and then drive over to the Term and pick everyone else up. Now if an off -airport company is reliable and will charge me the same as what U I can get a car for from my reg outfit then it could be thats a better solution. But teh last thing Id want is to wait and wait for them to get there

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:13 AM »
ive done it many times with tamir they were always on time waiting with a sign by the arrivals. drop off is also easy unlike the other rental companies in israel where they check the entire car with a magnified glass . with tamir u go to orchard parking floor in ben gurion and lock the dorrs with the keys inside . no hassle. its woth it just for that ,

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 24, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »
ive done it many times with tamir they were always on time waiting with a sign by the arrivals. drop off is also easy unlike the other rental companies in israel where they check the entire car with a magnified glass . with tamir u go to orchard parking floor in ben gurion and lock the dorrs with the keys inside . no hassle. its woth it just for that ,

so till they get there you will be responsible for the condition of the car. that may work for you it doesnt for me. @ SAV its the same way pull into a spot and drop the keys off, too many people have posted (on another site) how they were dinged for stuff that they knew wasnt the case when they pulled in. I go inside and ask that an agnet come out and Close me out with an inspection , never had any problem that way

If Tamar works for you go with it, I dont care for their drop off system so I wont, I dont wnat my car being looked at if Im not there to dispute it especially in Israel

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #371 on: August 24, 2010, 12:10:06 PM »
I waited a full 40 minutes for a shuttle from the rental facilities to the airport and of course the shuttle itself takes 15 minutes to get to the terminal.  And that was after fighting with Avis for 45 minutes about a tiny scratch I didn't cause.

It's nice that Avis gives elites their cars in the terminal still, but you need to allow a lot of time returning them!

There's no other airport in the US where that would happen.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 24, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
steve2 ......i guess me and dan are the only ppl who ever had an issue , must of been our luck or the moon being in retro. who knows.maybe it happens to most ppl and u got lucky ? ever think of that ?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 24, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »
I waited a full 40 minutes for a shuttle from the rental facilities to the airport and of course the shuttle itself takes 15 minutes to get to the terminal.  And that was after fighting with Avis for 45 minutes about a tiny scratch I didn't cause.

It's nice that Avis gives elites their cars in the terminal still, but you need to allow a lot of time returning them!

There's no other airport in the US where that would happen.

never said I like the new way, and thats why most likely for Succos I will take Nesher to Yeru and then get over to Avis and drop the car off in Yeru as well. Besides with YT being Weds night and flying back 4am on Sun why pay for the car to sit for 3 days unused. If in teh end a friend comes along then I will p/u at BG at the Term and still return in Yeru.

but I dont see them changing how they do things any time soon

Ive returned cars at LAS and had to wait a long time for them to check me in due to so many others doing it too and there being only 1 person checking in cars, at least the shuttle buses ran frequently and the bus ride to the term is also close to 15 mins. ONT if you miss the bus depending on the time of day you can wait awhile for the next one, advantage has been I rent from a Local Edition so they come to my Hotel and pick me up and I drop off at the CRF and have waited a few times 15+ mins till a bus came and again depending on the hour you are dropping off it can be a nice wait to be checked in. LAX is usally 1-2-3 but alot more for the car and tkt

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »
i didnt understand so clearly , your travelling alone ? or with a friend ?
nesher is 50 shekel correct?
taxi daka 99 is 149 shekel from ben gurion to jerusalem . if your 2 people i think its worth it , avoid the carpool drop off the nesher goes through.
the number for daka 99 is 02 500 0787
u call them when u land and they will tell u where they will be waitingfor u .

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »
steve2 ......i guess me and dan are the only ppl who ever had an issue , must of been our luck or the moon being in retro. who knows.maybe it happens to most ppl and u got lucky ? ever think of that ?

what other Countries have you rented in? I find outside the US (never rented in Canada) that they go over the car with a fine tooth comb. Costa Rica makes Israel look tame! and I got lucky once that my flight was delayed otherwise no way would I have made it, Europe is no better

I agree usually if you are renting and or dropping off at a Corp owned location in the US they hardly ever do a look over and simply are interested in where the fuel gauge is at and the mileage on the car. But then again cars cost 1/3 - 1/2 of what they do Overseas.

It seems Tamar works for You so stay with them and might work for anyone who doesnt mind dropping off and locking the car with it Not being checked in. I want an All clear piece of paper least they decide to claim something was damaged afterwards, and even if I didnt do it say someone pulled into the spot next to me and hit the car when I was already airborne Tamar wont know that and will charge me for any damage and Rightly so. thats why it wont work for me, Im not saying dont rent from a Tamar, Im only saying why I wont

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
i didnt understand so clearly , your travelling alone ? or with a friend ?
nesher is 50 shekel correct?
taxi daka 99 is 149 shekel from ben gurion to jerusalem . if your 2 people i think its worth it , avoid the carpool drop off the nesher goes through.
the number for daka 99 is 02 500 0787
u call them when u land and they will tell u where they will be waitingfor u .

95% of the time Im either the 1st or 2nd drop off and 99.9999% of the time Im traveling alone.

The last few times due to the timing the only time I had to get to my Fathers Kever was to go straight from BG so a car was needed ( arriving eve YT and leaving Motzei YT)

I personally look to avoid taxis and tolls whenever I can and it makes sense to

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2010, 12:41:33 PM »
agreed.
ewr enterprise i rent 2 times a month from their . they dont look at the car at all , i saw alady come in with a dent in the front and they let her off because she said she has no idea how it happened. i wouldnt recomened coming in like that to enterprise but they sometimes seem to over look things.

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2010, 12:43:28 PM »
suit yourself . cant compare taxi to a nesher . crowded, stuffy, waiting time .......come on , its even worth the 150 shekel to take a cab while travelling alone

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »
suit yourself . cant compare taxi to a nesher . crowded, stuffy, waiting time .......come on , its even worth the 150 shekel to take a cab while travelling alone

hey you are talking to someone who figured out how to get to DT Rome by taking a bus and subway for 4 Euro roundtrip, who does the same in PRG, takes the public bus for $2 in HNL to Waikiki. Its all part of my Game , true I usually only travel with my roller board carry-on . In London you can take the HEX (non-stop Airport Expreess Train for $20+ and then a taxi) or wait till 9:30am M-F and jump on the Underground and for apx $12 have a transit pass for the whole day. VIE non-stop its $10 more then the train that takes 8 mins longer and ends up being closer to where Im staying or the tram stop I need

BTW most of the time Id say once I get to Nesher it takes no more then 10 mins before we were on the way. cant ever remember taking a Taxi from BG usually its a car or Nesher