Author Topic: Why is Trump disputing the results and not conceding?  (Read 13256 times)

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Why is Trump disputing the results and not conceding?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 03:09:10 PM »
I am not a lawyer, but I am sceptical of these claims. The one example of incompetence that I looked into, was that a lawyer "admitted" to a judge that they were not claiming fraud in a case that was not about fraud.

I'm not going to go search for all the things I've read, but in hearings claiming they weren't allowing GOP observers, the lawyers admitted they had allowed them. In another, a witness testified she heard someone say something. When the judge asked why that is not hearsay, the lawyer responded "it's a first-hand account of something she *heard* someone *say*." In a third, the judge threw out a whole bunch of affidavits because the lawyer admitted that they had omitted many that had been procured in the same manner because they were spam, and was unable to give any reason why the remainder were not spam. That's just from memory without looking into the matter very much at all.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 12:58:49 AM »
Sounds like there’s gonna be a big trump rally in DC over the weekend.
I think the media’s gonna call it a super carbon footprint spreader event

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 12:00:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/scaramucci/status/1328891588106473473?s=21

Comrade Donald

Do you seriously believe that the president that has brokered multiple peace deals in the middle east has "reduced American influence in the middle east"?

Do you believe that a president who has forced other NATO countries to increase their military power is "Kneecapping NATO"?

Do you actually believe that the president who killed more Russians than Barack Obama is a Russian asset?

Or are you just parroting the left wing conspiracy theories because they let you feel good about fighting "Orange Hitler"?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 12:16:53 AM »
Do you seriously believe that the president that has brokered multiple peace deals in the middle east has "reduced American influence in the middle east"?

Do you believe that a president who has forced other NATO countries to increase their military power is "Kneecapping NATO"?

Do you actually believe that the president who killed more Russians than Barack Obama is a Russian asset?

Or are you just parroting the left wing conspiracy theories because they let you feel good about fighting "Orange Hitler"?
As you very well know, Trump sabotaged the US, nato, and allies in Syria, Iraq, & Afghanistan. Even Lindsey Graham & Mitch McConnell called him out on it in the last few days. Making peace between Israel & the UAE in no way makes up for that.

Russia doesn't care about dead Russians, but when did Trump kill Russians?

Turn everything into a political bias when you can't defend the actual facts. Is there anybody that thinks Trump is making the right call on pulling out of Afghanistan & Iraq now???
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 05:00:21 PM »
As you very well know, Trump sabotaged the US, nato, and allies in Syria, Iraq, & Afghanistan. Even Lindsey Graham & Mitch McConnell called him out on it in the last few days. Making peace between Israel & the UAE in no way makes up for that.

Russia doesn't care about dead Russians, but when did Trump kill Russians?

Turn everything into a political bias when you can't defend the actual facts. Is there anybody that thinks Trump is making the right call on pulling out of Afghanistan & Iraq now???

What has he done (as of opposed to said) to damage NATO? I agree that he had said a lot of stupid (and perhaps damaging) things about NATO.

The peace deals he made are an indication of increased US influence in the region.

US killed Russian "mercenaries" in Syria that everyone admits were sent by the Russian government. The fact that you didn't know that means you should broaden your sources of information.

Democrats have been demanding that the US withdraw from Afghanistan for more than 10 years.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 07:20:32 PM »
US killed Russian "mercenaries" in Syria that everyone admits were sent by the Russian government. The fact that you didn't know that means you should broaden your sources of information.
After asking the Russian High Command in Syria for permission

“The Russian high command in Syria assured us it was not their people,” defence secretary Jim Mattis told senators in testimony last month. He said he directed Gen Joseph F Dunford Jr, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, “for the force, then, to be annihilated.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/battle-syria-us-russian-mercenaries-commandos-islamic-state-a8370781.html

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 07:29:57 PM »
I agree that pulling out of Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan is a bone-headed move. Ironically, that reinforces the sentiment of the world during the Obama years. That America doesn't have anyone's back and cannot be trusted or relied upon.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 07:31:47 PM »
What has he done (as of opposed to said) to damage NATO? I agree that he had said a lot of stupid (and perhaps damaging) things about NATO.
Trump already gave the order to evacuate troops from Iraq & Afghanistan. Mitch McConnell said “A rapid withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan now would hurt our allies"

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg warned Tuesday that the military organization could pay a heavy price for leaving Afghanistan too early

Offline justaregularguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 10:47:21 PM »
Trump already gave the order to evacuate troops from Iraq & Afghanistan. Mitch McConnell said “A rapid withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan now would hurt our allies"

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg warned Tuesday that the military organization could pay a heavy price for leaving Afghanistan too early
I agree it doesn’t sound like the right move.
Now how ironic would it be if Biden sends them back in...
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2020, 07:06:18 AM »
You missed the boat here, IMO.

Trump says these things precisely. It’s his art of the deal. He wants everyone to know that agreements are vulnerable and that nobody should take advantage of the USA because they risk losing a deal that generally benefits them more than us. He’ll even break up a deal or two to prove that no deal it should be taken for granted, thus giving the USA much more leverage across the spectrum.

Yes, people hate him for this. “That’s no way to treat our allies! We should be like Obama, and give in and let them take advantage of us, as long as we don’t step on their toes.” Perhaps that’s right, that unity is better than results. But to imply that Trump’s rhetoric about NATO was not part of a strategy is not an accurate depiction, IMO.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:10:38 AM by YitzyS »

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2020, 07:31:04 AM »
Trump says these things precisely. It’s his art of the deal.
He bankrupts companies then moves on. The same thing he is doing to our great country. Have you check the national debt lately or as a R that doesn't matter anymore?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2020, 07:33:46 AM »
He bankrupts companies then moves on. The same thing he is doing to our great country. Have you check the national debt lately or as a R that doesn't matter anymore?
I think that most Rs have come to the conclusion that the deficit is currently not something most Americans care about too much, as they are too busy thinking about their personal financial needs. So while the Rs care about the deficit, they will not voice their thoughts too loud because it's an unpopular focus these days.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2020, 07:35:16 AM »
I may not have been clear, but I didn't say I agree with him. I'm just saying that he's saying these things precisely.

I think there is a middle road here. A backbone, but with integrity.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2020, 07:35:51 AM »
I think that most Rs have come to the conclusion that the deficit is currently not something most Americans care about too much, as they are too busy thinking about their personal financial needs. So while the Rs care about the deficit, they will not voice their thoughts too loud because it's an unpopular focus these days.
They have been speaking with their votes. Those votes say they don't care about bankrupting this country.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2020, 07:38:24 AM »
They have been speaking with their votes. Those votes say they don't care about bankrupting this country.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I had the misconception that it was the Rs who had been pushing for Pelosi to lower the amount on her 2.7 billion dollar package. I must have been mistaken.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2020, 07:41:37 AM »
Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I had the misconception that it was the Rs who had been pushing for Pelosi to lower the amount on her 2.7 billion dollar package. I must have been mistaken.
You are confused as it was the R controlled senate that ran up the largest debt in our history. But lets not talk about that substantive issue.  ;)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2020, 10:28:13 AM »

The Civil War will look like kids play if that happens but Trump does not care.