Author Topic: How to Sell a Domain Name  (Read 973 times)

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
How to Sell a Domain Name
« on: August 30, 2023, 11:40:38 AM »
Starting a new thread as I couldn't find one for this.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best market a domain for sale quickly?

A friend of mine owns idalia.com for a long time, and just remembered it when he saw news about Hurricane Idalia. Is there any way to market it to any relevant parties quickly, or is GoDaddy Domain Broker the best way to list it, and then wait for an offer if someone happens to search for it?

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to Sell a Domain Name
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 12:44:00 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best market a domain for sale quickly?

A friend of mine owns idalia.com for a long time, and just remembered it when he saw news about Hurricane Idalia. Is there any way to market it to any relevant parties quickly, or is GoDaddy Domain Broker the best way to list it, and then wait for an offer if someone happens to search for it?
Sedo.com is a big marketplace for domains, you can try listing there. Not sure about marketing but I’ve gotten fast interest by posting

Online lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: How to Sell a Domain Name
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 10:21:09 PM »

He can also put up a really basic site, like a free Google site, saying the site is for sale, to buy contact etc.