Topic Wiki

Saw a thread once about MS from the US Mint, Fishy selling his fish tank, or having United call YOU, but can't remember where it was? This is the place to ask!

For mobile searches, SuperFlyer has the following as a favorite: http://www.zodaq.com/ddf/ It looks solely in the forum.

Use advanced search here.

Google works great too! Type: "search site:forums.dansdeals.com" then your seach query after it, then click search.
« Last edited by Yo ssi on January 27, 2021, 01:33:32 AM »

DansDeals Forum > Start Here!

Help Me Find It! - The Search Master Thread

(1/1372) > >>

Nitantnel:
Since the search engine here is not that great, I figured we start a thread where people can help people find what they are looking for.

Especially in light of the success of the "Need help" master threads, it is clear that many people here are interested in helping one another just for the sake of helping. As an added bonus, the forums will be less cluttered.

elikay:
Tip number 1 Google is your friend, the best way to search is by doing a site search on Google.
Tip number 2 has been mentioned before: the search function will always search based on the page you are currently on. It will search the section/thread/within search results if that's what's on the page.

kracked dude:
this is great for people who use the mobile version which doesn't have a search option. yes I know about the other mobile version but that one is way too slow IMHO

smurf:
Sometimes when people try searching they don't find anyrthing because they are not usong the right keyword. We should make a list of popular search topics and their associated keywords

Cbs:

--- Quote from: Nitantnel on December 07, 2011, 09:19:01 PM ---Since the search engine here is not that great, I figured we start a thread where people can help people find what they are looking for.

Especially in light of the success of the "Need help" master threads, it is clear that many people here are interested in helping one another just for the sake of helping. As an added bonus, the forums will be less cluttered.

--- End quote ---
+100. aand...

hence my request for a master thread

--- Quote from: elikay on December 07, 2011, 09:37:34 PM ---Tip number 1 Google is your friend, the best way to search is by doing a site search on Google.
Tip number 2 has been mentioned before: the search function will always search based on the page you are currently on. It will search the section/thread/within search results if that's what's on the page.

--- End quote ---
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version