Author Topic: United ewr baggage check in scale accuracy  (Read 536 times)

Offline Mimo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National executive elite, Hertz pc
United ewr baggage check in scale accuracy
« on: February 14, 2023, 10:40:39 PM »
Flew out of ewr with united, I weighed my bags at home with two different scales and they were all under 50lb then when I checked in by the kiosk it had no issue gave me the tags and i preceded to drop of the bags, the united agent by the bag drop off refused to take the bags telling me they are all overweight by two pounds and i have to go back to the kiosk and pay, i told him i just came from the kiosk and it didn't say i was overweight, log story short i took out some things in order to get my bags through. After that i had a couple of minutes spare so i decided to watch this agent as he was nasty to me so i wanted to see how he reacted to other people or if they were also having overweight issues, 4 out of 5 people i watched all had issues by him.

Has anyone else ever encountered scale discrepancies in ewr or am I the only one?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United ewr baggage check in scale accuracy
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 02:24:50 AM »
Flew out of ewr with united, I weighed my bags at home with two different scales and they were all under 50lb then when I checked in by the kiosk it had no issue gave me the tags and i preceded to drop of the bags, the united agent by the bag drop off refused to take the bags telling me they are all overweight by two pounds and i have to go back to the kiosk and pay, i told him i just came from the kiosk and it didn't say i was overweight, log story short i took out some things in order to get my bags through. After that i had a couple of minutes spare so i decided to watch this agent as he was nasty to me so i wanted to see how he reacted to other people or if they were also having overweight issues, 4 out of 5 people i watched all had issues by him.

Has anyone else ever encountered scale discrepancies in ewr or am I the only one?
I had that,
I waited a few minutes and went to the next agent, all went well.