Author Topic: Sixt in Miami  (Read 56090 times)

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Sixt in Miami
« on: December 07, 2011, 09:30:30 PM »
Im gonna be in Miami 1/18-1/24. I usually like to rent with National for their service and cars (I get to rent a midsize and could pick from their Aisle seletion). I see on orbitz that Sixt has full size car for $148. Does anybody have experience with them? Hows their service? Their cars? Do they upgrade easily? Will they match my Emerald Club Status (Executive)? If yes, to what? Is it worth anything?

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sixt in Miami
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 03:39:37 AM »
I didn't know that sixt existed in the USA?

In europe they are generous with upgrades.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:21:08 AM »
Im gonna be in Miami 1/18-1/24. I usually like to rent with National for their service and cars (I get to rent a midsize and could pick from their Aisle seletion). I see on orbitz that Sixt has full size car for $148. Does anybody have experience with them? Hows their service? Their cars? Do they upgrade easily? Will they match my Emerald Club Status (Executive)? If yes, to what? Is it worth anything?

I just used them last month in MIA and it was a great experience. They basically let me pick any car I wanted - all the cars were new and it all went super fast. They barely looked over the car when I brought it back.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »

I just used them last month in MIA and it was a great experience. They basically let me pick any car I wanted - all the cars were new and it all went super fast. They barely looked over the car when I brought it back.
Thanks. What level did you reserve? What car did end up getting?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
Re: Re: Sixt in Miami
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:17:46 PM »
Thanks. What level did you reserve? What car did end up getting?

I had a Ford Flex reserved because when I made my reservation that was the cheapest car for some reason. I ended up taking a Toyota Camry but they had many new cars, vans and suvs to choose from. My only 'issue' was having to explain what I wanted a few times to all the foreign employees bit that's Miami for you. They were very friendly and helpful.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:33:46 PM »
I had a Ford Flex reserved because when I made my reservation that was the cheapest car for some reason. I ended up taking a Toyota Camry but they had many new cars, vans and suvs to choose from. My only 'issue' was having to explain what I wanted a few times to all the foreign employees bit that's Miami for you. They were very friendly and helpful.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
awesome. Should I reserve the cheapest and save $9 cause they'll let me take any car or should I just spend the extra $9 just to be sure I get at least a full size?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:14 PM »
Worst comes to worse you can add the $9 at the location. Might even get a better upgrade for the same $$$
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
next question-I see that they add $10.69/day additional driver fee. Are there any ways around this? Any CC that would help? I wanna add my wife but not for that money.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 04:17:27 AM »
awesome. Should I reserve the cheapest and save $9 cause they'll let me take any car or should I just spend the extra $9 just to be sure I get at least a full size?

I'd say spend the extra $9.  It's not their policy to let you take any car so it's not a sure thing.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 04:38:58 AM »
I'd say spend the extra $9.  It's not their policy to let you take any car so it's not a sure thing.

If you book the cheaper car, you can bargain & get a better upgrade when you add the $9 at the location. The only thing you'd gain by having a previous reservation is a car 'guranteed'. But u don't need that in MIA, & if u would it wouldn't help
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »
I am renting with Sixt in Miami on 12/22 for 10 days.  Have a mid-siz SUV (Rav4) reserved -- will let you know how it goes...

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »
I am renting with Sixt in Miami on 12/22 for 10 days.  Have a mid-siz SUV (Rav4) reserved -- will let you know how it goes...
Awesome. Thx. Let me know if there is any way to get around paying for a 2nd driver (wife).

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
Awesome. Thx. Let me know if there is any way to get around paying for a 2nd driver (wife).
As far as I know rental company's don't consider a spouse as a additional driver,

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 03:15:23 PM »
As far as I know rental company's don't consider a spouse as a additional driver,

I know but i calledto comfirm that and they said that a spouse IS consdered an additional driver and i would have to pay the additional driver fee

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 11:17:59 PM »

It's hit or miss with each company, and I think a couple of states don't allow spouses to be charged as an additional driver.  FL is not one of them....so if Sixt is telling you they charge, they probably do.  I'll let you know after 12/22 when I try to argue and get my wife added to the rental

Offline farmerjoe

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz #1 gold,HHonors Gold
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 11:53:20 PM »
  I'll let you know after 12/22 when I try to argue and get my wife added to the rental
just keep in mind the more you argue with them the less likely you are to get an upgrade!!

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »
just keep in mind the more you argue with them the less likely you are to get an upgrade!!

Point taken!  I'm old enough to 'argue' very nicely.  Also, won't even ask about spouse until car is done -- and incidentally, I'll let them know that Alamo (big competitor for Florida) doesn't charge for spouses

Offline farmerjoe

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz #1 gold,HHonors Gold
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:19 AM »
Point taken!  I'm old enough to 'argue' very nicely.  Also, won't even ask about spouse until car is done -- and incidentally, I'll let them know that Alamo (big competitor for Florida) doesn't charge for spouses
wish you the best of luck. was just putting that out there.

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »
Had a nice experience in the Sixt counter.  Stephanie helped me -- she is an employee who they moved from France to work in their new location.  It also helped that I status matched from Hertz to Sixt platinum.  Reserved a mid-size SUV, was offered my choice of Lincoln MKX or Volvo XC90.  Try to find Stephanie -- someone else helped me when I sent back to exchange the car, and she wasn't as helpful (they also had fewer cars available at the time).

Was able to get the spouse added with no additional charge -- as a courtesy for Platinum status.  Usually I was told they charge quite a bit per day. 

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Sixt in Miami
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 05:50:58 PM »
I know but i calledto comfirm that and they said that a spouse IS consdered an additional driver and i would have to pay the additional driver fee

How about become a USAA member and then add that to the reservation. Ur spouse should be free.
Worked for me at hertz for my wife
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com