Author Topic: Sixt in Miami  (Read 56436 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Sixt in Miami
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2013, 08:48:30 PM »
Just landed in mia, and there was a long line outside just to get to get in to Sixt, so I walked over to E-Z car rental right next door no line, showed them Sixt price  and they matched it on the spot. I was out of there in less than 10 min.

Nice!
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Re: Sixt in Miami
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »
here it is, thnx
How'd you get the avis pc?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2013, 01:04:41 PM »
I made a reservation for someone at Sixt in FLL. They are Platinum and got a full size for $37, only slightly cheaper then the other companies. Is it worth shlepping out to their location via shuttle? Also,where are all the crazy rates people have been talking about???

Offline yitzf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
I made a reservation for someone at Sixt in FLL. They are Platinum and got a full size for $37, only slightly cheaper then the other companies. Is it worth shlepping out to their location via shuttle? Also,where are all the crazy rates people have been talking about???

Sixt in MIA

Offline YT

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2013, 02:55:27 PM »
It's hit or miss with each company, and I think a couple of states don't allow spouses to be charged as an additional driver.  FL is not one of them....so if Sixt is telling you they charge, they probably do.  I'll let you know after 12/22 when I try to argue and get my wife added to the rental

Hey David B,

How did you get to Hertz PC, National Executive?

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
I don't get it. I put in my dates into SixT - 2/21-25 - and their prices are higher than National, Avis, Hertz, etc. What am I missing?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »
I don't get it. I put in my dates into SixT - 2/21-25 - and their prices are higher than National, Avis, Hertz, etc. What am I missing?
click on view all deals
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »
Just got my SixT Platinum - status match to my Hertz 5 star gold

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
click on view all deals
Okay, so I saw a great deal, like half the price. Questions: It says to pay online. I don't want to do that. Can I still get the same deal in the airport? What does Platinum give me, by the way? Upgrade? Discount (on the discount)?

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
Okay, so I saw a great deal, like half the price. Questions: It says to pay online. I don't want to do that. Can I still get the same deal in the airport? What does Platinum give me, by the way? Upgrade? Discount (on the discount)?
Usually pay now is a drop cheaper than pay later. Platinum gets you a discount (I think 10%) and one class upgrade. So if you reserve a full size your looking at getting a genesis or maybe even a Mercedes c250.

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2013, 11:54:09 PM »
Usually pay now is a drop cheaper than pay later. Platinum gets you a discount (I think 10%) and one class upgrade. So if you reserve a full size your looking at getting a genesis or maybe even a Mercedes c250.
he's referring to the deal price, which you need to pay up front, not the regular pay now price
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
Exactly. It only says pay now.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2013, 09:26:24 PM »
he's referring to the deal price, which you need to pay up front, not the regular pay now price
whats cancelation policy

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »
I am Sixt Platinum, where do I have a better chance of getting upgraded, MIA or at the South Beach location? I'm not flying in, I will be there for Pesach so either way I will have to shlep to the location.

I am returning to MIA (they allow free 1 way rentals within FL), is it far form the terminals? How much time do I need to budget for returning and traveling to the terminal?

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »
I am Sixt Platinum, where do I have a better chance of getting upgraded, MIA or at the South Beach location? I'm not flying in, I will be there for Pesach so either way I will have to shlep to the location.

I am returning to MIA (they allow free 1 way rentals within FL), is it far form the terminals? How much time do I need to budget for returning and traveling to the terminal?
I've never been to the location at the south beach but I would say you're better off getting a upgrade at Miami airport. At Miami airport sixt is with all of the other car rental. I would say 20 minutes is enough time to stop the car off and get back to the terminal via miamover

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2013, 06:42:07 PM »
I've never been to the location at the south beach but I would say you're better off getting a upgrade at Miami airport. At Miami airport sixt is with all of the other car rental. I would say 20 minutes is enough time to stop the car off and get back to the terminal via miamover

Thanks.

Can I do better then $23 a day with Sixt? I know they are supposed to be really cheap the best I found was $23 a day for a Camry.

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
Thanks.

Can I do better then $23 a day with Sixt? I know they are supposed to be really cheap the best I found was $23 a day for a Camry.
that's pretty decent for a full size..

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2013, 11:42:23 PM »
If anyone is seeing very high Sixt rates Pesach you can PM me for a corporate rate with them.

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2013, 12:19:52 PM »
I just booked a car from Sixt for over Pesach in Miami. They have a Camry for $23 a day and a Mustang Convertible for $38 a day. It is valid  from 4/1-6/30, I checked both MIA and South Beach locations, and they had the same base pricing. They allow free 1 way rentals within FL excluding the Palm Beach location, I am picking up in South Beach and returning in MIA.

linky

Offline youG

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
just rented from Sixt MIA firstly all rental cars are about 20 min walk to terminal-CRAZY
secondly the day before my departure i searched for cars and on sixt it went down from $20 for intermediate to $14.
However when i got there they demanded i take out at least basic insurance. When i said i had they said i would need to show it to them(so basically i was forced to pay extra per day) They gave me my car seat at the counter and said they couldnt help me to my car right then so i was stuck schlepping a suitcase carryon (wife + kid, ....) and the car seat to my car. THEY OFFERRED ME TO LEAVE THE SEST THERE AND THEY WOULD "WATCH IT" UNTIL I MAKE A @ND TRIP!!

Overall it was a great rate and nice clean car. But i got the "ISRAELI" experience.