Topic Wiki

Securities that have seen IBKR SYEP activity:

HRZN
IEP
« Last edited by ExGingi on November 19, 2020, 01:10:53 PM »

Author Topic: IBKR Stock Yield Enhancement Program  (Read 1060 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
IBKR Stock Yield Enhancement Program
« on: November 19, 2020, 01:10:09 PM »
IBKR Stock Yield Enhancement Program which one might be able to opt into allows IBKR to lend securities held in a brokerage account to others against collateral, and charge interest, which is in turn split with the owner of the securities.

This is an interesting twist and enhancement to stock holdings. I have not looked into the risks involved.

Does anyone have this enabled with IBKR, and if yes, which securities experienced participation in the program.

Two securities where I observed such participation (not my own personal account - I don't have one with IBKR) are:

IEP
HRZN

Nothing in this post should serve as a recommendation or even option of a broker or specific security. I am just starting this thread to see what people's experience is (or has been) with this program.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline halluc1nati0n

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: IBKR Stock Yield Enhancement Program
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:08:37 PM »

Online dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: IBKR Stock Yield Enhancement Program
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
IBKR Stock Yield Enhancement Program which one might be able to opt into allows IBKR to lend securities held in a brokerage account to others against collateral, and charge interest, which is in turn split with the owner of the securities.

This is an interesting twist and enhancement to stock holdings. I have not looked into the risks involved.

Does anyone have this enabled with IBKR, and if yes, which securities experienced participation in the program.

Two securities where I observed such participation (not my own personal account - I don't have one with IBKR) are:

IEP
HRZN

Nothing in this post should serve as a recommendation or even option of a broker or specific security. I am just starting this thread to see what people's experience is (or has been) with this program.

I have been using this feature for almost 2 years now. I have my portfolio set up as a Direct Index (of S&P) as well as owning a number of sector focused index funds. Most of the activity in my case has been centered around the  index funds in my portfolio (healthcare, extended markets etc) with a few exceptions (TXN, V, NKE). Not much earned, especially as IBKR takes around 50 percent of the already meager yield. Still it's better than zero if you using a passive strategy. Bear in mind they are being lent out in 1 day increments, and spread across the platform, so often only a small number of the securities I own get "leased".