Author Topic: Capital one reconsideration process  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
Capital one reconsideration process
« on: October 06, 2022, 05:52:07 PM »
Hi all , so its the first time I have applied for a capital one CC in years. (Have one CC with them for over 10 years)
 Would appreciate any help.

I applied like 2 weeks ago for the venture card, I got declined and at the same time was offered a counter offer for a different CC which I did not accept since I wasn't interested in that card. I called capital one application dept. Asked them to reconsider,  they said I would need to wait till I get the reason for the decline by mail. So I waited it out, called them again today, asked to reconsider, they said it's being done by a backend department, so they are just submitting a request for the application to be re-reviewed .

Now right after I hung up with them i got a notification from credit monitoring that a new hard pull was added to my report, and also a new email from capital one that I was declined for my new application. I have no idea what that means.
Since it's the first time I'm dealing with reconsideration on a CO card, can anyone chime in with some knowledge please?

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
Re: Capital one reconsideration process
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 10:41:57 PM »
Hi all , so its the first time I have applied for a capital one CC in years. (Have one CC with them for over 10 years)
 Would appreciate any help.

I applied like 2 weeks ago for the venture card, I got declined and at the same time was offered a counter offer for a different CC which I did not accept since I wasn't interested in that card. I called capital one application dept. Asked them to reconsider,  they said I would need to wait till I get the reason for the decline by mail. So I waited it out, called them again today, asked to reconsider, they said it's being done by a backend department, so they are just submitting a request for the application to be re-reviewed .

Now right after I hung up with them i got a notification from credit monitoring that a new hard pull was added to my report, and also a new email from capital one that I was declined for my new application. I have no idea what that means.
Since it's the first time I'm dealing with reconsideration on a CO card, can anyone chime in with some knowledge please?
Bump. Does anyone have any knowledge in CO reconsideration process ?

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 07:42:16 AM »
Capital one doesn't have a reconsideration dept.
Only thing they do is resubmit app. if the details didn't change you will be denied again

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 11:14:18 AM »
Only thing they do is resubmit app. if the details didn't change you will be denied again
So they essentially lied to me, telling me that there is a reconsideration dept. They told me it will not require a new credit pull, and what is even worse that today I called again spoke to an agent and then asked for a supervisor for an explanation why they did an other credit pull without my permission, and why they told me that there is a reconsideration dept when in fact there isn't, it's literally the same process as a new application, the supervisor was rude, bitchy, and clueless, and suddenly they say that they don't even see that I was offered a counter offer.

What is absurd is, that the rep yesterday asked me what notes she should write down to the person that is going to re review my application, and she wrote down notes what I was explaining, if there is no human being that is actually going to read my notes why would she even take the notes down??

Anyways I'm very frustrated that I got pulled twice for the same application, especially without my permission. And for the absolute lack of communication of capital ones side. I will probably never try to apply with them again, my question is what can I do to remove the second inquiry without my permission? Fortunately I froze experian before applying, but the other 2 credit beauros got pulled, anyway I can remove them for pulling it without my permission?

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 11:15:38 AM »
Besides that what is the common sense that they would offer me a counter offer for a different card but will decline for the card that I applied for ?

@Dan if you have any information that would be helpful I would appreciate. 

Offline Spoon

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2022, 11:18:53 AM »

Welcome to Capital one customer service

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2022, 11:24:21 AM »

Welcome to Capital one customer service
It's absurd and wrong on so many levels. Before applying I got the vibe that they are trying to attract costumers, I have tried to Google info regarding there reconsideration process found nothing helpful. Had to find out the hard way. Literally feel scammed as it can get.

Offline Spoon

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 11:30:29 AM »
It's absurd and wrong on so many levels. Before applying I got the vibe that they are trying to attract costumers, I have tried to Google info regarding there reconsideration process found nothing helpful. Had to find out the hard way. Literally feel scammed as it can get.

DROPR. They have great products and a great app.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 11:34:52 AM »
DROPR. They have great products and a great app.
What is the meaning of DROPR?

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2022, 02:27:15 PM »

Online lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2024, 06:49:43 PM »
Anyone have any pointers?
I have a good credit history and score.
I tried applying for the Cap1 Venture card, and was declined with the reason stating "based on your credit history from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, there are too many active credit cards based on your loan history"

So far their recon dept has been hasn't been helpful at all.
There isn't any human review in their process.
Just getting the same response after it is resubmitted for review.

Thanks

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2024, 07:04:29 PM »
Anyone have any pointers?
I have a good credit history and score.
I tried applying for the Cap1 Venture card, and was declined with the reason stating "based on your credit history from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, there are too many active credit cards based on your loan history"

So far their recon dept has been hasn't been helpful at all.
There isn't any human review in their process.
Just getting the same response after it is resubmitted for review.

Thanks

Read my first message on the thread. Capital one has no recommendation department whatsoever. And they are not willing to give sign up bonus points for folks that don't have big balances which means paying interest. Unfortunately had to learn the hard way.