Topic Wiki

Team A:

Team B:

To which Teams C & D responded with nuance and thoughtful debate:

Author Topic: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid  (Read 50400 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2020, 11:05:39 PM »
I hope you know it is hard for a non-Jew to distinguish between the different sects.
We're very aware of the damage it's doing to us but there is nothing we can do about it. They wouldn't have any problem wearing masks if they weren't pressured yes to wear masks. The more we beg the less they'll listen. They want to unify their brethren by being different than us.

Many of the greatest tragedies to fall upon the Jewish nation including the destruction of the second temple came about in a similar fashion of a renegade subsect who irked a greater power. We pray every day וילמדו תועים בינה.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
Re: Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2020, 11:07:48 PM »
Is this the thread for Guilani's press conference?
Aka melting on stage?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2020, 11:08:03 PM »
Didn't he say it was a mistake in one of his 1st post on this topic, what else do you want from him?

I'm sorry, I meant to write to admit that it was an unforgivable mistake (becauseit created a massive chillul hashem). Will correct.

(And he responded he won't admit - its fine, he's entitled. )

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2020, 11:12:11 PM »
We're very aware of the damage it's doing to us but there is nothing we can do about it. They wouldn't have any problem wearing masks if they weren't pressured yes to wear masks. The more we beg the less they'll listen. They want to unify their brethren by being different than us.

Many of the greatest tragedies to fall upon the Jewish nation including the destruction of the second temple came about in a similar fashion of a renegade subsect who irked a greater power. We pray every day וילמדו תועים בינה.
Not necessary. He’s vomiting it out

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »
The "joke" is you think this is just a stupid tweet that will do less damage than he has already done. This just compounds it and adds new garbage to the pile on top.
But this tweet is not something that will cause millions of dollars in legal fees and put all frum yidden in jeopardy with thier believes ,
Chap?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:19:33 PM by erlich »

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2020, 11:14:22 PM »
Again with people living in mars

So let me get you a brief introduction of moster since you don't know Much about him ,
I am not quite sure who you are and where you live and what your stand is in the frum education system

You might be a doctor or an attorney that attended Harvard university and chasidim are morons and need proper education ..

But there is court cases and fights with NYC governments for quiet a few years nand in NY state all caused by moster and it had already costed millions of dollars of legal fees

That's just one of the issues he is causing for the Frum community

This stupid tweets of him is a joke against damage he already did

I am very well aware of this. And even with all these legal fights he has b"h not been able to cause any damage to our schools. Unfortunately, he caused us immediate damage with running to the papers and social media about this wedding.

Even Agudah is joining the fight against his education agenda, its not just the chassidim who are fighting him on that. But we are going totally off topic here.

I personally like to stay as far away as possible from him and all his like-minded buddies. Giving him more reasons to put out שמיץ doesn't help us.

But you might see it differently and you're entitled to that.

I think you just need to read and understand what people are writing here and you won't need to be so defensive.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2020, 11:15:57 PM »
I'm sorry, I meant to write to admit that it was an unforgivable mistake (becauseit created a massive chillul hashem). Will correct.

(And he responded he won't admit - its fine, he's entitled. )
Of course ,not sure if you are religious or believe in god
But every human being can do mistakes whatsoever

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2020, 11:17:02 PM »
But this tweet is not something that will cause millions of dollars in legal fees and put all frum yidden in jeopardy with thier believes
Chap?

What about the many many weddings scheduled for this week and next week that are now in jeopardy that people don't know now if they will happen because Cuomo is cracking down big time because of this story? That means nothing to you?

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2020, 11:18:48 PM »
Aka melting on stage?
The Guilani press conference was highly entertaining due to its absurdity. The only problem was that it wasn't some ridiculous Hollywood TV show. It was about a real life election. Same thing here. We have a ridiculous argument here which would be extremely funny due to its absurdity, but unfortunately, it's real.

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2020, 11:19:11 PM »
Of course ,not sure if you are religious or believe in god
Of course not. He's writing in proper English. He's probably a Harvard professor

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2020, 11:19:28 PM »
But this tweet is not something that will cause millions of dollars in legal fees and put all frum yidden in jeopardy with thier believes
Chap?

I chap, you don't. I understand what you believe. I'm telling you I think you're wrong. I think this WILL cost millions in legal fees, WILL put the frum community in jeopardy with regards to their beliefs, and not only that, WILL ALSO make all the other issues we're already dealing with that much worse. This isn't a blank bullet. This is live ammo.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2020, 11:20:58 PM »
The Guilani press conference was highly entertaining due to its absurdity. The only problem was that it wasn't some ridiculous Hollywood TV show. It was about a real life election. Same thing here. We have a ridiculous argument here which would be extremely funny due to its absurdity, but unfortunately, it's real.
I agree on all counts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2020, 11:21:34 PM »
I chap, you don't. I understand what you believe. I'm telling you I think you're wrong. I think this WILL cost millions in legal fees, WILL put the frum community in jeopardy with regards to their beliefs, and not only that, WILL ALSO make all the other issues we're already dealing with that much worse. This isn't a blank bullet. This is live ammo.
Very well said.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2020, 11:21:47 PM »
Totally not
If you understand a little bit how politics work then this is a joke , anyway we aren't on the same page , this is all about politics

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2020, 11:24:19 PM »
Totally not
If you understand a little bit how politics work then this is a joke , anyway we aren't on the same page , this is all about politics
This is nothing about politics. Politics is only the tiny aspect you actually care about. This is way bigger than politics.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2020, 11:25:39 PM »
What about the many many weddings scheduled for this week and next week that are now in jeopardy that people don't know now if they will happen because Cuomo is cracking down big time because of this story? That means nothing to you?

Did I say it means nothing?
I am the one fighting here that weddings is ok...
Most people here are claiming don't make weddings at all ,that is against the law,

you are arguing here on this forum ,that what? Where all haters are against you,not to make weddings at all , that your issue is what will be with the illegal weddings next week?

Why  are you turning the bush around in my face? and I said it was a mistake, so what exactly are you asking me ? Did I say it was right to do? No ! It was a mistake and move on , life hasn't stopped and it won't iy"h
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:29:50 PM by erlich »

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2020, 11:26:39 PM »
This is nothing about politics. Politics is only the tiny aspect you actually care about. This is way bigger than politics.
Lol
Look who is talking , the chasidim hater

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2020, 11:30:29 PM »
Lol

Not everyone that sees things from a different perspective hates you,
@PlatinumGuy voted Biden and he davens outdoors,
אל תדין את חבריך עד שתגיע למקומו
its like 2 people wearing sun glasses different tint colors and they're arguing about the color of the sky
["-"]

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:09 PM »
Lol
Your ability to misread every situation is uncanny. Take a deep breath and slow down please.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:24 PM »
Meanwhile
This is hillarious

Shane B. Murphy (@shanermurph) Tweeted:
#NewJersey
*language warning*
New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy was accosted by a group filming for not wearing a mask while out for dinner with his family. 

https://t.co/GlwCgFfJJX https://twitter.com/shanermurph/status/1330682535798509569?s=20

WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE