Topic Wiki

Team A:

Team B:

To which Teams C & D responded with nuance and thoughtful debate:

Author Topic: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid  (Read 49243 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Re: Czar Cuomo
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2020, 05:05:17 PM »
This guy has a tendency to ignore whatever he doesn't want to answer. Get used to it.
You have me confused with most of the other members.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2020, 05:07:18 PM »
I didn't accuse you of anything.
Your opinions are known on many subjects and you speak up. Wonder why this is different, NOT!
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2020, 05:09:43 PM »

I will take that as you didn't call this wedding out.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »
If you were involved you should be held accountable :D

I heard he was the photographer for the event. The only one they could find tall enough to take pictures over the bleachers.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2020, 05:11:31 PM »
You have me confused with most of the other members.
This is one thing you can never accuse DDF’ers of. :P

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2020, 05:29:25 PM »
On a side note, since that wedding took place 2 weeks ago wouldn't we have already been seeing the repercussions by now? Assuming that attendees were majority from 11211, 10950, and some 11219 and 11204 the numbers aren't showing it other than perhaps the overall upward trend the entire state and city has been seeing.
Why are you trying to change the subject?
It was reckless. It was reckless. It was reckless.
Who cares that the numbers didn't go up?
Who cares that the numbers in crown heights didn't go up after simchas torah? It's reckless! It's horrible!
#sacrasamintended

Offline iluv2travel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2020, 05:36:49 PM »

Pardon? Are you the teacher here?

First of all, I began my post with "on a side note". Secondly, I already stated more than once in this thread that it was wrong. And last but not least, I was asking out of genuine curiosity. When I saw that crowd and realized that 2 weeks had passed it left me wondering.

You don't want to answer the question, that's fine. But I didn't notice anyone should assign you to post of police around here telling people what they can or can't ask on a given subject.

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2020, 05:39:44 PM »
Pardon? Are you the teacher here?

First of all, I began my post with "on a side note". Secondly, I already stated more than once in this thread that it was wrong. And last but not least, I was asking out of genuine curiosity. When I saw that crowd and realized that 2 weeks had passed it left me wondering.

You don't want to answer the question, that's fine. But I didn't notice anyone should assign you to post of police around here telling people what they can or can't ask on a given subject.
OMG, you didn't read the last line of my post

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »
OMG, you didn't read the last line of my post

Lol, you're right.  ;D

It's scrambled so I just skipped over it, not bothering to try to decipher it.

[Correct spelling is sarcasm]

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »
On a side note, since that wedding took place 2 weeks ago wouldn't we have already been seeing the repercussions by now? Assuming that attendees were majority from 11211, 10950, and some 11219 and 11204 the numbers aren't showing it other than perhaps the overall upward trend the entire state and city has been seeing.
Throwing lit matches around also doesn't always cause a fire.

It was reckless. It was reckless. It was reckless.
Who cares that the numbers didn't go up?
Who cares that the numbers in crown heights didn't go up after simchas torah? It's reckless! It's horrible!
#sacrasamintended
Whether you think a wedding with thousands of people is reckless or not, gloating about it in a newspaper surely is.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2020, 05:44:55 PM »
One good point out of this wedding ,and other huge events by chasidim and weddings happening as usual ,is that thousands of people without masks and no social distancing and no uptick what so ever burich hashem !

Vs others with masks and social distancing and the uptick rises anyway

Total outcome is , You can't escape from the virus , either you get it now or later

To back it up with proof is  like others said , the 2nd wave has already had its peak by the chasidish oilem in September , and it was very mild because the first wave was very strong vs general population

This is all if  you live in reality,if you live in denial and phobias then you can go live in a bunker for rest of your life

And btw this is what bothers coumo ,and the same reason why he wanted everything closed back in September, because he didn't wanted to see the truth in his face while he released his book

And the major point that schools are open as usual by the chasidish for months and nothing b"h happened, he just can't tolerate the reality and the truth
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:51:10 PM by erlich »

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2020, 05:46:55 PM »
Whether you think a wedding with thousands of people is reckless or not, gloating about it in a newspaper surely is.

This was beyond massive stupidity. Now that the deed was done and over with, in a way its worse than the actual deed (at least in my opinion). I, for one, cannot understand for the life of me why the heck they felt the need to do that.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2020, 05:48:21 PM »
This was beyond massive stupidity. Now that the deed was done and over with, in a way its worse than the actual deed (at least in my opinion). I, for one, cannot understand for the life of me why the heck they felt the need to do that.

The ones who decided to make the wedding are not the same ones who felt the need to gloat. ESH.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »
The ones who decided to make the wedding are not the same ones who felt the need to gloat. ESH.

They could have stopped it just like they were able to keep the wedding under wraps.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »
They could have stopped it just like they were able to keep the wedding under wraps.
Yup. Whole thing makes no sense.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2020, 05:58:03 PM »
My friend has spoken to the editor today and he claims, for somehow reason he didn't overview this article / it's not his department latley,and the writer on this specific article is a bit naive... I know him actually.. and didn't think much about what he writes,basically no one looked over the article, it was on his own hands!
Mistakes happen , the point is anyway ,that moster will always find something, hard to get away from a מסור that is looking to always find something, in fact he didn't know of quiet a few huge events that happened and it past b"h no issues , this article was just a accident , if you asking on the article,this is the story behind it ,nothing more deep
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:03:34 PM by erlich »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2020, 06:01:58 PM »
My friend has spoken to the editor today and he claims, for somehow reason he didn't overview this article or it's not his department latley,and the writer on this specific article is a bit naive... I know him actually and didn't think much about what he writes,basically no one looked over on the article, it was on his own hands,
Mistakes happen , the point is anyway that moster will always find something hard to get away from a מסור that is looking to always to find something, in fact he didn't know of quiet a few huge events that happened and it past , this was just a accident

Who publishes a newspaper without articles being edited and approved?!?
Sounds like damage control to me.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2020, 06:05:45 PM »

And that [massive] mistake in publishing this article caused a massive chill hashem. Unforgivable.

We don't need to feed those looking to מוסר food for fodder. They have enough without it being fed to them in one of the largest Yiddish language papers.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »
Well you asked a question?
I answered you the מציאות
If you aren't looking for an answer don't ask questions lol
I btw worked in that newspaper for 5 years and I can assure that it makes sense..enough said

You anyway misleading the point over here
, You overacting on the article point ba the point who made noise out of it , moster until he is on a mission to screw us yidden,  then he always find something, if not this wedding then its something else ...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2020, 06:09:54 PM »
Well you asked a question?I answered you the מציאות
I htw worked in that newspaper for 5 years and I can assure that it makes sense..enough said

You anyway misleading the point over here

You overacting on the article point ba the point who made noise out of it , moster until he is on a mission to screw us yidden,  then he always find something, if not this wedding then its something else ...

Seriously? You're going to make this about Moster? As if there aren't HUNDREDS of other people who have both the ability to translate the article and a reason to volunteer to do so for the secular media?