Topic Wiki

Team A:

Team B:

To which Teams C & D responded with nuance and thoughtful debate:

Author Topic: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid  (Read 49285 times)

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid
« Reply #360 on: November 23, 2020, 02:05:09 PM »

Lack of communication and inability to discuss intelligently is a problem.

The goyim don't have to give din v'cheshbon.

Whether or not you feel the wedding was justified, going on to mock and taunt the authorities is ridiculous.

As the article pointed out, the satmar head of the shul was niftar from covid-19

Yup and that niftar practiced social distancing and wore a mask and didn't go between people and big crowds , not shaking hands
and even though he died, so wearing masks and social distancing does clearly not help , he was sitting home mostly till end of the summer

So what does one have to do with the other?
תיקו

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 23, 2020, 02:09:42 PM »

Yup and that niftar practiced social distancing and wore a mask and didn't go between people and big crowds , not shaking hands
and even though he died, so wearing masks and social distancing does clearly not help , he was sitting home mostly till end of the summer

So what does one have to do with the other?
תיקו
All until he chaired the grand Nitra kehilla's new Rav's hachtarah where there was a huge spread.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2020, 02:11:31 PM »
Yes. “Leave”
When this would be the first thread on Dan's deals forum bashing chasidim
דיינו
Or the first time in history when yidden are bashing chasidim either on vin news comments or yeshiva world comments, and other platforms or websites
דיינו
Then I would give it a chance, but since chasidim exists thier are unfortunately other yidden that bashing the chasidim all the time.. so please friends give me a break ,
that covid is what bothers you?
just admit you don't like or hate chasidim in general,
Show your true colors
and then will start having a normal conversation
but when playing the game that you guys love chasidim since ever , and your issue is only with covid that is clearly not true, then have a nice day
עם עקש תתפתל

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »
דיינו
Or the first time in history when yidden are bashing chasidim either on vin news comments or yeshiva world comments, and other platforms or websites
דיינו
Then I would give it a chance, but since chasidim exists thier are unfortunately other yidden that bashing the chasidim all the time.. so please friends give me a break ,
Show your true colors
but when playing the game that you guys love chasidim since ever , and your issue is only with covid that is clearly not true, then have a nice day
עם עקש תתפתל

Sounds like you feel very hated. Maybe you should get some help for your paranoia and anxiety.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2020, 02:18:10 PM »
דיינו
דיינו
Show your true colors
עם עקש תתפתל
Lol dude. He was correcting a typo. Wasn't telling you to leave.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #365 on: November 23, 2020, 02:18:43 PM »
דיינו
דיינו
Show your true colors
עם עקש תתפתל

Were you raised with this victimhood, or did you come by it yourself later in life?

Still waiting on the numbers, btw.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2020, 02:22:33 PM »
Still waiting on the numbers, btw.

Don't hold your breathe.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2020, 02:23:24 PM »
Were you raised with this victimhood, or did you come by it yourself later in life?
Was wondering the same thing. The mentality sounds like some of our cousins.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2020, 02:24:19 PM »
Sounds like you feel very hated. Maybe you should get some help for your paranoia and anxiety.
In this thread every chusid will feel hated, calling name and slurs on thousands of chasidim from other frum yidden is very sad

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2020, 02:27:59 PM »
Don't hold your breathe.
I am not here to feed you with food for thought
But if someone that isn't familiar and reading this thread ,and I am sure some people really believe here , as ot sounds here that there are a few hundered chasidim are sick with covid in hospitals and dozens of chasidim are dying weekly

And again I am still ok with saying number of he will back up his wise statement brushing the chasidim that thier percentage are higher

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2020, 02:28:26 PM »
Was wondering the same thing. The mentality sounds like some of our cousins.

Yea, the first thought that came to mind was an understanding of the common ground between NK and the Palis. I had never looked at it from that angle before.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2020, 02:29:56 PM »
In this thread every chusid will feel hated, calling name and slurs on thousands of chasidim from other frum yidden is very sad

Reb Yid, let's set the record straight. 

I believe there are plenty of chassidim here (some join the conversation and some are just quiet) and we don't feel "hated" (I hope I'm right, others can CIIW).  We might not agree with everything that the others say and we can argue (sometimes very forcefully) but hated we don't feel.

And the only one that I saw calling names and slurs on other people here was unfortunately you - so for a person who comes here preaching ahavas yisroel and to live and let live that is not the proper way to do it.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2020, 02:30:11 PM »

So take responsibility... Either A) you're not an aroni wedding attendee and the thread isn't relevant to you or B) you are an aroni wedding attendee and need to face the music .

If you defend an indoor wedding of 7000 ..don't cry that we are haters when we question the events decisions in relation to a global pandemic

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 23, 2020, 02:30:33 PM »

Would you like to make a poll? I know there are many chassidim who have been following this thread, and based on the likes, they don't feel very hated. Maybe there is a huge silent majority that really are offended.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2020, 02:31:00 PM »
Exactly me with other tens of thousands chasidim need help because other yidden have a hate against them

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #375 on: November 23, 2020, 02:31:16 PM »
Yea, the first thought that came to mind was an understanding of the common ground between NK and the Palis. I had never looked at it from that angle before.
Same. Very interesting and I do wonder if it's from the same playbook for the same reasons.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 23, 2020, 02:32:24 PM »
I am not here to feed you with food for thought
But if someone that isn't familiar and reading this thread ,and I am sure some people really believe here , as ot sounds here that there are a few hundered chasidim are sick with covid in hospitals and dozens of chasidim are dying weekly

And again I am still ok with saying number of he will back up his wise statement brushing the chasidim that thier percentage are higher

He already said he made it up. Completely from his boich. Now your turn. Where are the numbers you said you'd give us?

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #377 on: November 23, 2020, 02:33:47 PM »

It's very un-Chossid like to consider yourself the only one worthy of the title Chossid.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 23, 2020, 02:34:21 PM »
Reb Yid, let's set the record straight. 

I believe there are plenty of chassidim here (some join the conversation and some are just quiet) and we don't feel "hated" (I hope I'm right, others can CIIW).  We might not agree with everything that the others say and we can argue (sometimes very forcefully) but hated we don't feel.

And the only one that I saw calling names and slurs on other people here was unfortunately you - so for a person who comes here preaching ahavas yisroel and to live and let live that is not the proper way to do it.
Writing that chasidim kill people is what ? A compliment?
That thousands of chasidim are doing against the רצון השם and they should tshuva is what?
That their rabbis is going against the torah is what?
Writing that chasidim are morons is what?

You may believe so it's all true,
And I totally don't have a issue with it,just admit that you don't like this chasidim and when in matter of fact you don't like (hate them) them in general

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 23, 2020, 02:34:34 PM »
Exactly me with other tens of thousands chasidim need help because other yidden have a hate against them

Which chassidim, exactly? Satmar? Skver? Bobov? Lubavitch? Karlin? Who is doing the hating and who is being hated?