Topic Wiki

Team A:

Team B:

To which Teams C & D responded with nuance and thoughtful debate:

Author Topic: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid  (Read 49251 times)

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »
I am not here to feed you with food for thought
But if someone that isn't familiar and reading this thread ,and I am sure some people really believe here , as ot sounds here that there are a few hundered chasidim are sick with covid in hospitals and dozens of chasidim are dying weekly

And again I am still ok with saying number of he will back up his wise statement brushing the chasidim that thier percentage are higher

I believe he only said it to spite you because you weren't backing up your numbers - he felt that if you can say what you want then he can say what he wants too.

Nobody here thinks that there are hundreds of chassidim sick or dozens dying weekly.  We all know the truth.

The big problem here was the chillul hashem and we already established that the article was a mistake and hopefully whoever needed to learn from this (very bad) mistake did so and can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2020, 02:36:13 PM »
Yea, the first thought that came to mind was an understanding of the common ground between NK and the Palis. I had never looked at it from that angle before.

I think I got the NK part, but can you please enlighten me about Palis?

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2020, 02:37:48 PM »
I am not here to feed you with food for thought
But if someone that isn't familiar and reading this thread ,and I am sure some people really believe here , as ot sounds here that there are a few hundered chasidim are sick with covid in hospitals and dozens of chasidim are dying weekly

And again I am still ok with saying number of he will back up his wise statement brushing the chasidim that thier percentage are higher

Viscerally rejoinders will not get you far in the facts of life. .

Arguments such as "we had a wedding for 7000 and no one got sick... So you're all anti semites" is a bit old.

You're like the guy who doesn't want to pay the bus fair and the driver kicks him off he howl's "anti semites"

There's ZERO co-relation to the arguments here..

We have moved way beyond those arguments.

#1 it's a chilul hashem
#2 people get sick and die

#3.. this one is big.. put your thinking kapple on for this;
We have a religion v'nishmartem.. daily I'm bombarded with pleas "kol hamikayem nefesh achas"

Saying that satmar bikur cholim is incredible then holding a wedding for 7000 is illogical.

I didn't even bash anyone, maybe In may I would have. I'm beyond that.

I just find it astonishing that Judaism has attained a Darwin like "survival of the fittest" mentality.

Vus epes, a few will die, mesiras nefesh! Big wedding! Ish Baal yedar!

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2020, 02:37:53 PM »
He already said he made it up. Completely from his boich. Now your turn. Where are the numbers you said you'd give us?
He did not said that or maybe I missed it
Either way i am not here to give you guys food for thought,my only point is that you guys hate chasidim in general!
But if he would back up his bold statement i would still say my numbers, but if not i won't
But b"h its mamesh nothing
I am sure all of you know hatzolah members and you can ask them or other people involved
And i volunteer for a organization that is a big help for covid , helping chasidim and non chasidim from all kind of different neighborhoods , and the hospitalazion rate by non chasidim are much much higher then chasidim b"h

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2020, 02:38:12 PM »
Writing that chasidim kill people is what ? A compliment?
That thousands of chasidim are doing against the רצון השם and they should tshuva is what?
That their rabbis is going against the torah is what?
Writing that chasidim are morons is what?

You may believe so it's all true,
And I totally don't have a issue with it,just admit that you don't like this chasidim and when in matter of fact you don't like (hate them) them in general
STOP! There definitely are people on these forums that look at chasidim (and yeshivaliet) with disdain, but to equate everyone who disagrees with you about something, with them is simply not ERLICH.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2020, 02:38:14 PM »
Which chassidim, exactly? Satmar? Skver? Bobov? Lubavitch? Karlin? Who is doing the hating and who is being hated?
Figure it out yourself buddy

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2020, 02:39:57 PM »
STOP! There definitely are people on these forums that look at chasidim (and yeshivaliet) with disdain, but to equate everyone who disagrees with you about something, with them is simply not ERLICH.
I don't agree or disagree here or have an opinion at all
Look back all my comments
I am only stating admit that these same people have always issues with chasidim. Now ,then and in the future , before or after covid , has nothing to do with covid

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 23, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »
That thousands of chasidim are doing against the רצון השם and they should tshuva is what?

And I totally don't have a issue with it,just admit that you don't like this chasidim and when in matter of fact you don't like (hate them) them in general

How is going to a wedding of 7000 the ratzon hashem?!?

Regarding the Rebbe's judgement to make the wedding, that's not my discussion.

I doubt very much that the Rebbe instructed them to post a taunting article..

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2020, 02:42:41 PM »
Lets get one thing straight. There is only one victim on DDF and it is not erlich!!!  >:( >:( >:(
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »
@erlich Do I hate Chassidim?

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »

I believe he only said it to spite you because you weren't backing up your numbers - he felt that if you can say what you want then he can say what he wants too.

Nobody here thinks that there are hundreds of chassidim sick or dozens dying weekly.  We all know the truth.

The big problem here was the chillul hashem and we already established that the article was a mistake and hopefully whoever needed to learn from this (very bad) mistake did so and can make sure it doesn't happen again.

He was the one that started with numbers and saying that chasidim percentag are higher

You can go look back for yourself

Again I am not here to give you all food for thought,not looking to fuel my fellow haters

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 23, 2020, 02:44:25 PM »

Where did someone write that chassidim kill?  I must have missed that one because I would have called it out.

And someone wrote to you to do tshuvah, he wasn't talking about thousands of chassidim.

And if anyone wrote that rabbis are going against the torah and/or chassidim are morons are in the very small minority here (and are acting like morons themselves - I don't like to name call but talking against daas torah and sects of Yidden isn't acceptable to me).  I know for a fact that most here do NOT believe that.

I will state loudly and clearly here that I am a proud chossid and I am NOT a self hating chossid.  So stop telling me please to admit that I hate chassidim.

The only thing I hate is chillul hashem.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 23, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »

The irony of his username...

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 23, 2020, 02:47:23 PM »

He was the one that started with numbers and saying that chasidim percentag are higher

You can go look back for yourself

Again I am not here to give you all food for thought,not looking to fuel my fellow haters

He did start, but I think you missed the part where he said that if you can say what you want then he can too.

But let's get past that and you need to start realizing that you can have a discussion and even an argument without accusing people of being haters.

And if you call them fellow haters that means you are doing the hating too.

Stop the hate.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 23, 2020, 02:48:18 PM »

Well you are a chusid and know

I am sure thers is others here that really think, that there is a blood shed going on by the chasidim now,  and chasidim kill thier own people and even killing others like some have stated, that's how it looks like from this hatred conversation on here

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 23, 2020, 02:49:56 PM »

Well you are a chusid and know

I am sure thers is others here that really think, that there is a blood shed going on by the chasidim now,  and chasidim kill thier own people and even killing others like some have stated, that's how it looks like from this hatred conversation on here
@erlich Do I hate Chassidim?

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #396 on: November 23, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »
I don't agree or disagree here or have an opinion at all
Look back all my comments
I am only stating admit that these same people have always issues with chasidim. Now ,then and in the future , before or after covid , has nothing to do with covid

Please quote all my posts with hate towards Chassidim. While you sift through them to find the evidence, I'll produce the pieces I've written for the general public under my name on this very subject. Many of the people you are arguing with are Chassidim. Now, some of those are Lubavitch, and as I mentioned tongue in cheek upthread, many do not consider us "Chassidim" in this sort of conversation. But there are plenty of others who are Chassidim even by the most discriminatory standards. At what point will you stop and think that perhaps the drek you're smelling on everyone else is under your shoe?

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 23, 2020, 02:53:15 PM »

Saying that satmar bikur cholim is incredible then holding a wedding for 7000 is illogical.

You made some very strong arguments there but I wouldn't bring in Satmar Bikur Cholim into the picture.  What that organization does is beyond comprehension and there are thousands of people chassidish and non chassidish alike who benefit greatly.

You can write:  "Saying Satmar Bikur Cholim is incredible does not do it justice." (Period end of sentence.)

In a different paragraph or even post you can state your opinion "holding a wedding for 7000 is illogical". (Period end of sentence.)

I don't mean to go off topic, I just have tremendous hakaras hatoiv for what that organization does that to even slightly smear them just doesn't sound fair to me.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 23, 2020, 02:56:52 PM »
How dare you take a deep breath while people are dying!?! And what do you think happens after a deep breath? That's right, an exaggerated exhale that will expel deadly Chassidic droplets that will murder thousands.
I really didn't plan to comment today

Just this comment made me to got started

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #399 on: November 23, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »
I really didn't plan to comment today

Just this comment made me to got started

That was sarcasm. Your issues started long before that post.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.