Topic Wiki

Team A:

Team B:

To which Teams C & D responded with nuance and thoughtful debate:

Author Topic: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid  (Read 49257 times)

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Satmar Wedding 7,000 people during covid
« Reply #400 on: November 23, 2020, 03:00:23 PM »
Either way i am not here to give you guys food for thought,my only point is that you guys hate chasidim in general!
I've been following this and mostly biting my tongue (and sitting on my keyboard-ouch!), but I just cant.. You do know that the guy whose name is literally on this entire site as well as numerous self and otherwise obviously identified commenters are chasidim right? And they somehow are missing all this hate in their direction?
smh

And i volunteer for a organization that is a big help for covid , helping chasidim and non chasidim from all kind of different neighborhoods , and the hospitalazion rate by non chasidim are much much higher then chasidim b"h
I'm going to give you the perhaps not deserved benefit of the doubt and assume that you werent trying to say that BH there are higher rates of infection by non-chassidim.....

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #401 on: November 23, 2020, 03:00:42 PM »
I really didn't plan to comment today

Just this comment made me to got started
Do you really not understand sarcasm, or have you not been here long enough to realize that it is the way Yehuda57 operates. You don't even have to look that far: it's on the bottom of every post of his.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #402 on: November 23, 2020, 03:01:29 PM »

If you couldn't discern the dripping sarcasm in that overly exaggerated comment even with my signature, perhaps you shouldn't be engaging in online discussions that require basic levels of reading comprehension.

Offline Shaya E

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 23, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
In this thread every chusid will feel hated, calling name and slurs on thousands of chasidim from other frum yidden is very sad

I would tell you I'm chasidish and don't feel hated but you would probably just tell me that makes me a hater too.

Though I do support wearing masks and social distancing so you probably already considered me a hater.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 23, 2020, 03:04:38 PM »
You made some very strong arguments there but I wouldn't bring in Satmar Bikur Cholim into the picture.  What that organization does is beyond comprehension and there are thousands of people chassidish and non chassidish alike who benefit greatly.

You can write:  "Saying Satmar Bikur Cholim is incredible does not do it justice." (Period end of sentence.)

In a different paragraph or even post you can state your opinion "holding a wedding for 7000 is illogical". (Period end of sentence.)

I don't mean to go off topic, I just have tremendous hakaras hatoiv for what that organization does that to even slightly smear them just doesn't sound fair to me.
Welcome to the club
All of sudden you feel a bit offended how people are talking about chasidim here,
I feel you pain lol
But you getting my point now I guess..

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #405 on: November 23, 2020, 03:05:06 PM »

The best part of this comment is that my post was making your exact point about how people treat Chassidim.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #406 on: November 23, 2020, 03:09:02 PM »
I think I got the NK part, but can you please enlighten me about Palis?

Palestinians. Kings of victimhood.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 23, 2020, 03:10:50 PM »
I would tell you I'm chasidish and don't feel hated but you would probably just tell me that makes me a hater too.

Though I do support wearing masks and social distancing so you probably already considered me a hater.

Just like me.

Welcome to the club  ;D.

I don't know why I worked so hard to get him to believe I'm a chosid and don't hate chassidim.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 23, 2020, 03:15:47 PM »
Welcome to the club
All of sudden you feel a bit offended how people are talking about chasidim here,
I feel you pain lol
But you getting my point now I guess..

I was not offended at all.  I just wanted to clarify and separate a holy organization from this whole nonsense about the wedding/chillul hashem.  They don't belong together.

That's the only point I was trying to make.  And I hope you got it because unfortunately I still did not get yours.

You should not be coming here and attacking people if you don't actually understand everything they write.  You keep telling me I hate chassidim when if you would just go back and read hundreds of posts where I stood up for many things that were important to us chassidim (not closing camps, schools, etc) you would see how wrong you are in attacking me like that just because I was upset about the chillul hashem.  But you are too busy calling everyone here a hater to do that.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »

I never wrote anything against what other people do
I wear a mask as well
My point was that you guys always bash chasidim no matter what

And I am taking about the few haters here that didn't hide it
I really don't care what anyone does ,its non of my business,
And the only good you have done is giving them more fuel to hate you! That's why I call you a hater
If someone gives fuel to haters on a public forum is a hater
Sorry
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:20:18 PM by erlich »

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 23, 2020, 03:18:02 PM »
The best part of this comment is that my post was making your exact point about how people treat Chassidim.

This really got me going. I can't stop laughing 😂.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 23, 2020, 03:18:47 PM »
Palestinians. Kings of victimhood.

Ah ok. Got it. Loud and clear ;).

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #412 on: November 23, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
I wear a mask as well

I really don't care what anyone does ,its non of my business
To look at past posts from someone, click on their username, then click show posts, then go through the pages. For example for @iluv2travel see here
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 23, 2020, 03:19:25 PM »
I was not offended at all.  I just wanted to clarify and separate a holy organization from this whole nonsense about the wedding/chillul hashem.  They don't belong together.

That's the only point I was trying to make.  And I hope you got it because unfortunately I still did not get yours.

You should not be coming here and attacking people if you don't actually understand everything they write.  You keep telling me I hate chassidim when if you would just go back and read hundreds of posts where I stood up for many things that were important to us chassidim (not closing camps, schools, etc) you would see how wrong you are in attacking me like that just because I was upset about the chillul hashem.  But you are too busy calling everyone here a hater to do that.
I probably wrote here atleast 20 times that the article is wrong ! Bad! and a very bad mistake
But you making yourself a big fool, because others here were clearly stating that anything what chasidim do against the law is wrong! and not chill hashem is the issue here at all !
They believe schools to be closed and not davening in a shul with more then 25 pol or whatever the law is that's what's it should be !
So not sure with whom you are proud here to be in one conversation and writing that I am wrong ,because they are totally against what you believe !and far from being on the same page as you

The only good you do is adding hate against chasidim and saying thier is why to hate them, while you are trying to back your own statement , but it just happens the opposite,
And you just adding fuel for them against chasidim
If you are a own proud chusid can just add fuel for chasidim haters, then what are you if not a hater?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:27:52 PM by erlich »

Offline Shaya E

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 23, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »
I wear a mask as well

I really don't care what anyone does ,its non of my business

Hate exists. But to think any criticism is hate is textbook paranoia.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 23, 2020, 03:20:54 PM »
If you couldn't discern the dripping sarcasm in that overly exaggerated comment even with my signature, perhaps you shouldn't be engaging in online discussions that require basic levels of reading comprehension.
So in this thread bashing Moster, we have a case in point in why Moster is right. ;)

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 23, 2020, 03:25:25 PM »
I probably wrote here atleast 20 times that the article is wrong ! Bad! and a very bad mistake
But you making yourself a fool because others here were clearly stating that anything what chasidim do against the law is wrong and not chill hashem is the issue here at all
They believe schools to be closed and not davening in a shul with more then 25 pol or whatever the law is
So not sure with whom you are proud here to be in one conversation,because they are totally against what you believe and far from being on the same page

That's the difference between me and you.

I argued with them about camps and schools and shuls being closed and even though we totally did not agree on a lot of stuff, I did not call them haters.  My kids still went to camp.  They are still in school.  And b"h we still daven with minyan every day (I don't count how many are there, I could care less as long as there are at least 10). 

But that doesn't mean that now I can't agree with them about chilul hashem. (And lets not get into the mistake part, just move on.)  No need to jump down my throat or anyone else just because they said something you slightly disagreed with.  You can argue respectfully too.

Offline Shaya E

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 23, 2020, 03:25:39 PM »
So in this thread bashing Moster, we have a case in point in why Moster is right. ;)

I realize you weren't saying you agree with YAAFED. But just to clarify; plenty people agree there should be better education. The problem people have with Moster is his methods. Getting the government involved is a bad precedent. The right way to change is from within the community.

Offline erlich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 23, 2020, 03:25:41 PM »
Hate exists. But to think any criticism is hate is textbook paranoia.
Just trying to understand what you are writing
Hate exists as in?

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 23, 2020, 03:26:28 PM »
And you just adding fuel for them against chasidim
If a own chusid can add fuel for chasidim haters, then what are you if not a hater?

Show me ONE place where I said something that caused hate against chassidim???