Author Topic: T-Mobile free Phone line back again with new or existing accounts  (Read 54240 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: T-Mobile free Phone line back again with new or existing accnts 11/25/20
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2022, 06:37:10 PM »
Any tips on finding a supervisor, or do you just need to HUCA once you find a code?

In my case I had a productive call with a rep, and told her I’d put in a good word with the supervisor (really wanted confirmation that I was getting correct info). Had a good call with the supervisor so I asked “by the way…” and since it was so jovial he acquiesced. I didn’t even have a code.

The most success I had previously was T-Force (T-mobile’s social media support team, available via Twitter and Facebook, they’re real CS ninjas) telling me they’d give it to me if I had a valid Insider code, which I didn’t at the time.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2022, 04:03:48 PM »
Rumor: T-mobile to offer 20% insider discount to existing customers who have or switch to MagentaMax. I'll report back if/when this goes live BLN.

https://tmo.report/2022/01/t-mobile-will-offer-existing-magenta-max-customers-20-off-for-life/

P.s. Do people get notifications on this thread? Should I feel guilty for bumping it.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2022, 04:43:05 PM »
Rumor: T-mobile to offer 20% insider discount to existing customers who have or switch to MagentaMax. I'll report back if/when this goes live BLN.

https://tmo.report/2022/01/t-mobile-will-offer-existing-magenta-max-customers-20-off-for-life/

P.s. Do people get notifications on this thread? Should I feel guilty for bumping it.
No, we love hearing from you.  :)
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2022, 07:39:47 PM »
No, we love hearing from you.  :)

So this is very much live.

Starting today every T-mobile employee got two Insider codes, one to give to a new customer who activates MagentaMax* service, and one to give to an existing customer who has or switched to MagentaMax* service.

*Or the business equivalent, it’s called Unlimited Ultimate.

In other news:
- T-mobile Home Internet is offering subscribes a $50 rebate for new activation, essentially one month free
- Sprint subscribers who are on devices that aren’t compatible with T-mobile are being targeted with an upgrade offer for a free Pixel 6, no trade in necessary.

Offline Yikes2179

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2022, 08:38:16 PM »
So this is very much live.

Starting today every T-mobile employee got two Insider codes, one to give to a new customer who activates MagentaMax* service, and one to give to an existing customer who has or switched to MagentaMax* service.

*Or the business equivalent, it’s called Unlimited Ultimate.

In other news:
- T-mobile Home Internet is offering subscribes a $50 rebate for new activation, essentially one month free
- Sprint subscribers who are on devices that aren’t compatible with T-mobile are being targeted with an upgrade offer for a free Pixel 6, no trade in necessary.
I definitely appreciate you sharing this info.

For me it won't work as I would lose at least some of my free lines if I switch away from my One plan

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2022, 11:41:24 PM »
I definitely appreciate you sharing this info.

For me it won't work as I would lose at least some of my free lines if I switch away from my One plan

I tagged you earlier. You certainly wouldn’t lose any of your free lines since 2016, there’s an internal memo shared on Reddit like six months ago confirming this, and countless anecdotes of people who’ve done so successfully (I switched from Simple Choice), myself included.

This is my bill for 10 lines on Magenta Max, I’m actually hoping once my bill cycles it’ll be cheaper:

Does your plan include taxes in the rate plan or do you pay for taxes separately?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 11:45:52 PM by AsherO »

Offline Yikes2179

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2022, 11:42:04 PM »
I tagged you earlier. You certainly wouldn’t lose any of your free lines since 2016, there’s an internal memo shared on Reddit like six months ago confirming this, and countless anecdotes of people who’ve done so successfully (I switched from Simple Choice), myself included
Thanks. I guess I will HUCA

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2022, 11:46:40 PM »
Thanks. I guess I will HUCA

Edited my post with a screenshot.

For best results, try chatting T-mobile’s T-force social media team on Facebook or Twitter, they’re amazing, well worth the wait.

Offline Yikes2179

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2022, 11:48:24 PM »

This is my bill for 10 lines on Magenta Max, I’m actually hoping once my bill cycles it’ll be cheaper:

Does your plan include taxes in the rate plan or do you pay for taxes separately?

Taxes are included

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2022, 11:55:24 PM »

Taxes are included

That’s one more upside to MagentaMax that isn’t relevant to you. Considering when you joined T-mobile, I imagine you don’t have kickback (it was retired in April 2018). Kickback is a promo that gives customers on One plans a $10/month credit per line when they use less than 2gb of data a month. Customers with Kickback are holding on to One plan for their dear lives

Offline Yikes2179

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2022, 11:57:15 PM »
That’s one more upside to MagentaMax that isn’t relevant to you. Considering when you joined T-mobile, I imagine you don’t have kickback (it was retired in April 2018). Kickback is a promo that gives customers on One plans a $10/month credit per line when they use less than 2gb of data a month. Customers with Kickback are holding on to One plan for their dear lives
Yeah i think I shortly after that. Would have been fantastic for me because 6 of my 11 lines don't use data

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2022, 12:37:05 PM »
I'm on Sprint family plan right now. I just noticed this thread and read the last few pages. Can anyone spoon feed me into getting the lowest possible rates?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2022, 03:33:08 PM »
I'm on Sprint family plan right now. I just noticed this thread and read the last few pages. Can anyone spoon feed me into getting the lowest possible rates?

This topic is mostly on the T-mobile side of things, not sure I have much of a scoop on Sprint, maybe someone else here does.

How many lines is your current plan and how much are you paying. I was with Sprint since ~20 years ago and played their shtick throughout to optimize based on my needs and their opportunities/promotions, like six years ago I switched to T-mo and picked up with them right where I left off with Sprint. Can’t even remember what plan I had with Sprint when I left….

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2022, 11:38:48 PM »
This topic is mostly on the T-mobile side of things, not sure I have much of a scoop on Sprint, maybe someone else here does.

How many lines is your current plan and how much are you paying. I was with Sprint since ~20 years ago and played their shtick throughout to optimize based on my needs and their opportunities/promotions, like six years ago I switched to T-mo and picked up with them right where I left off with Sprint. Can’t even remember what plan I had with Sprint when I left….
Happy for you with all your free lines.
 I would have by now from the past 1-2 years 4 free lines. But still not worth holding out coming from the simple choice plan with 2gb.
   After all my calculations and after factoring in all the perks. Still wasn't worth switching to a regular plan.

I was on a family plan for quite some time but never bothered looking into the plan.
 Only 2 years did I hop onto the band wagon and ask what's going on with us only having 2gb, and from there I took over the account holder and tried recouping the free lines I lost out.
 But after 8+ years with not one free line, and then getting 4 lines. I still couldn't get it to be worth it coming from a SC plan with 2gb. So to a First Responder plan it was at $20 a line.
 And those 4 lines I gave it up, as I couldn't take it with me to the 1st responder plan.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2022, 11:44:21 PM »

$320~ for just the lines after taxes and fees. About 12 lines. If I were to change to TMobile, what would be my best way to do that and best option?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2022, 12:18:18 AM »
$320~ for just the lines after taxes and fees. About 12 lines. If I were to change to TMobile, what would be my best way to do that and best option?

My understanding is that all Sprint customers are going to moved over to T-mobile's billing system, but I don't think it'll require a plan change.

Coming over from Sprint, I don't think you're eligible for promotions that are available for new T-mobile customers. I don't really have experience with ~20+ line plans, but $16/line is pretty good depending on what exactly is included.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2022, 12:28:36 AM »
Happy for you with all your free lines.
 I would have by now from the past 1-2 years 4 free lines. But still not worth holding out coming from the simple choice plan with 2gb.
   After all my calculations and after factoring in all the perks. Still wasn't worth switching to a regular plan.

I was on a family plan for quite some time but never bothered looking into the plan.
 Only 2 years did I hop onto the band wagon and ask what's going on with us only having 2gb, and from there I took over the account holder and tried recouping the free lines I lost out.
 But after 8+ years with not one free line, and then getting 4 lines. I still couldn't get it to be worth it coming from a SC plan with 2gb. So to a First Responder plan it was at $20 a line.
 And those 4 lines I gave it up, as I couldn't take it with me to the 1st responder plan.

I guess you switched before SC 2gb was changed to unlimited at no extra charge. FR is pretty sweet, I wouldn't sweat it, though compared to other plans it's less likely to be eligible for other promotions/discounts.

It also depends on how much you value device promotions. If many of your lines are on flip phones or other BYOD/hand-me-down smartphones, then you don't need promotions.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2022, 01:32:14 AM »
I guess you switched before SC 2gb was changed to unlimited at no extra charge. FR is pretty sweet, I wouldn't sweat it, though compared to other plans it's less likely to be eligible for other promotions/discounts.

It also depends on how much you value device promotions. If many of your lines are on flip phones or other BYOD/hand-me-down smartphones, then you don't need promotions.
For now gonna stay put at $20 a line.
Only 3 of the 8 lines I have is  flip phone.
 In essence I would keep 5 lines open for Unlmtd data and all for $100.
 And for the other 3 move to hello mobile for $6.
  Now my only problem is we go to toronto a few times a year and they wouldn't have service there should I switch them.
 As well they're in Israel now. And they want to have access to their cell phone. But that would only work if they're on the tmobile plan which gives them text and data.  Though I'm not sure why they need that. When they have tripletel for $25 a month for an american/Israeli number. A total waste of $40 each month for their lines. You win some you loose some.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2022, 01:39:32 AM »
For now gonna stay put at $20 a line.
Only 3 of the 8 lines I have is  flip phone.
 In essence I would keep 5 lines open for Unlmtd data and all for $100.
 And for the other 3 move to hello mobile for $6.
  Now my only problem is we go to toronto a few times a year and they wouldn't have service there should I switch them.
 As well they're in Israel now. And they want to have access to their cell phone. But that would only work if they're on the tmobile plan which gives them text and data.  Though I'm not sure why they need that. When they have tripletel for $25 a month for an american/Israeli number. A total waste of $40 each month for their lines. You win some you loose some.

Decisions. decisions. Such things are never one-size-fits all, so it's good you're on top of what fits best for you.

Offline Memere

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2022, 11:04:33 PM »
I thought about switching from my current T-Mobile One Plus Promo…
Then thought again 😂

“Sometimes it pays to pay”

- memere613 11/10/20