Author Topic: Which card is best for Amazon shopping?  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Uri

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Which card is best for Amazon shopping?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 11:48:29 PM »
(Post padding is what some people do to make them look more credible by having a higher post count. Basically, you take multiple posts to say the same thing or do +1s etc. You did the opposite and responded to multiple posts in 1 post)
@Uri
The way it works with chase points is as follows:
Some cards have bonuses in certain categories, such as the Ink Cash in office supply stores or the Freedom in different quarterly ones.
These are no fee cards. However, they can only redeem the points at face value (.01/pt) But you can leave them on the card until you are ready to redeem it. You can then transfer it to a fee card like the sapphire reserve to redeem for 1.5x (.015/pt.) or the preferred for 1.25x. Or you can use the fee cards to transfer them to airline miles where you can sometimes get even better redemptions.

So, in short you don't need to open the fee card until you have close to the target amount of points necessary for the trip you want to take.

Amazon does not earn 5pts., but Staples does so if you buy Amazon gift cards in Staples and load them to your account, you will effectively be getting 5pts. on all Amazon purchases. like he said:

Thanks a lot for the explanation! I think I'll go with the Amazon store card.  I don't want to have to use gift cards (or to have to buy them beforehand from Staples) every time I want to buy something.

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 12:16:36 AM »
Thanks a lot for the explanation! I think I'll go with the Amazon store card.  I don't want to have to use gift cards (or to have to buy them beforehand from Staples) every time I want to buy something.
The gift card balance is saved in your Amazon account. No need to enter the card each time.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 01:11:27 AM »
The gift card balance is saved in your Amazon account. No need to enter the card each time.
But you lose the protections from users using a credit card. Why not the Amazon card that gets you the same 5% cashback?

Offline Uri

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2020, 09:49:32 PM »
But you lose the protections from users using a credit card. Why not the Amazon card that gets you the same 5% cashback?
I think I'll do that.