Author Topic: Which business credit card is best for about $75k per month in spending?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline ghurty

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I am trying to settle on my next business CC. I currently have:

Business credit cards:
Amex SPG
Chase Ink Business Plus

A different chase CC with the cash back but that's for a different business.

Personal:
Amex SPG
Chase Saphire
Amex Platinum
JP Morgan Palladium

I spend about $75k per month on the business card. Most of it is with my distributors so not eligible for any real bonus points.
I currently have a few million in points, UR and SPG but don't really have the opportunity to use them that much as usually not that much available for when I want to use them.

I do like fringe benefits (such as the United club being included with my Palladium card). But of course, I need to be practical and think of which gives the most benefits. Currently, most of my spending is with chase but I am thinking of going with the Amex business platinum just to diversify a bit. Is the current sign up bonus a good one? Is it even worth it if I currently have the amex platinum personal one?

I do see that it has a bonus for spending over $5k on one purchase. I am spending about $30k per month from one vendor alone all in one purchase.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 08:32:15 PM by ghurty »

Offline Moish613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Which business credit card is best for about $75k per month in spending?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
Since your not spending in any bonus categories it might make sense to get the Capitol One Spark, it gives 2% on all purchases which gives you 18k a year. Another perk would be they have a cashback version so you don't have to wait to redeem for travel.

Offline Freecountry

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 12:34:53 AM »
I am trying to settle on my next business CC. I currently have:

Business credit cards:
Amex SPG
Chase Ink Business Plus

A different chase CC with the cash back but that's for a different business.

Personal:
Amex SPG
Chase Saphire
Amex Platinum
JP Morgan Palladium

I spend about $75k per month on the business card. Most of it is with my distributors so not eligible for any real bonus points.
I currently have a few million in points, UR and SPG but don't really have the opportunity to use them that much as usually not that much available for when I want to use them.

I do like fringe benefits (such as the United club being included with my Palladium card). But of course, I need to be practical and think of which gives the most benefits. Currently, most of my spending is with chase but I am thinking of going with the Amex business platinum just to diversify a bit. Is the current sign up bonus a good one? Is it even worth it if I currently have the amex platinum personal one?

I do see that it has a bonus for spending over $5k on one purchase. I am spending about $30k per month from one vendor alone all in one purchase.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
business platinum is definitely a great option if you make purchases over 5k dollars as you'll get 1.5 points per dollar so in your case of spending $30k in one purchase that'll be 45k points. Plus when you redeem points for flights through amex on an airline of your choice (or any airline when booking first or business class) you'll get a 35% of the points you spent back as a rebate. In short it brings the effective point value to 1.54 cents per point. If you add that with earning 1.5 points per dollar because of the bonus for purchases over $5k then you'll be getting an effective rate of 2.31% back. This is all at a minimum of there is much more potential value with transfers...
Lastly they have an 85k point sign up bonus now
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:38:02 AM by Freecountry »

Offline bennyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Ua platinum spg platinum hilton gold hyatt platinum marriot gold avis presidents club hertz presidents circle national emerald
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »
What about getting Ceturion Business amex

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »
if you are able to keep 100k with BofA, then absolutely get the Business Advantage Travel Rewards credit card.

You'll be making 2.62 percent back everywhere, and that's straight cash back!

ETA: that's about $23,580 a year just for banking with BofA
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 05:18:42 PM by justmeha »