Author Topic: When will the current wave peak in the US?  (Read 12673 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: When will the current wave peak in the US?
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2021, 11:35:37 AM »
7 day avg is between 1100-1200 depending on today's final numbers. It is increasing steadily, and deaths lag 3-4 weeks behind cases. We'll probably hit 350k by Jan 1, and 500k sometime before Valentine's Day. I don't think we'll see 300k cases/day, though. I think we top out at around 250k for a couple of weeks in the beginning/mid Dec, with numbers starting to come down before the 25th.

According to https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en we hit 500K yesterday.

We haven't peaked yet, but I think we'll peak a little before Xmas. I think we'll top out at a week or two of 250k cases a day. The deaths and hospitalizations will unfortunately take more time to peak, with death counts only starting to go back down in mid Feb.

Don't want to jump the gun, but we're down 20% on the 7 day average and trending down since the 15th. BH.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.