Topic Wiki

p̸̲̺̹̦̽̅̑̏̑̕r̶̢͖̗̩̠͆̓͊̊͐̑̊̕o̵̹̥̬̬̘̩̬͆g̶̨̢͇͚͍̪͎̙͈͔̓̈́̒̽̌̋̈̎͝.̶̖̤̗̇̿̋̓̚͜͝ͅ1̶̱̜̪̠̲͆͐̿͌͒̐͊̚͝4̵̴̨̛̛̛̬͚̻̭͉̳̰͌̊̆̔̉͐͑͗́̊͐̌̆̚̕...
p̸̲̺̹̦̽̅̑̏̑̕r̶̢͖̗̩̠͆̓͊̊͐̑̊̕o̵̹̥̬̬̘̩̬͆g̶̨̢͇͚͍̪͎̙͈͔̓̈́̒̽̌̋̈̎͝.̶̖̤̗̇̿̋̓̚͜͝ͅ1̶̱̜̪̠̲͆͐̿͌͒̐͊̚͝4̵̴̨̛̛̛̬͚̻̭͉̳̰͌̊̆̔̉͐͑͗́̊͐̌̆̚̕ŗ̴̰͉̦̻̙̰̪̬̤̆̈͌̈́̓̈͆ų̶̞̲͈͕̻͔͒͂̍̌ñ̴͇͉̆͆̒̒͝ͅm̵̱̃̓̈́̀̑̈ö̷̖̒̇͑̑͛̈̏͐ḑ̴̯̝͓̄͛̈͂͗e̵̴͓̯̠̦̍̓̌̾̀̎̋́́̀͘ï̸̝͙̲͎̪̩n̵͈͎̙̖̻̭͝s̸̝̩͉̃͒̿́̕͝͝ͅp̶̧͓̫̏̎-̶̡̛̪̲͎͋͛͑ͅs̵͖͉̬͖̟̓̔̀̈͋͘͜ę̸̑̅͜c̴̢̻͇̼͗̄̃̆́́̉̑͝.̴̪̠̻̻̦̥̽̃̆̆̋͌̿͑̑e̶͇̥̥̳̫̔́͂͛r̷̢̝͍̩͙͋̅̽͠r̸͙̘̯̳̠͒̋̀͗̊́̾̒0̵͓̺̯͇̺̬̙̗̈̔͊͒͝8̸̗͕̌̓̀͗̀̕66

(Just leave this alone.)
« Last edited by Randomex on June 10, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »

Author Topic: Randomex's Random Thread of Random Randomness  (Read 51845 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
Re: Randomex's Random Thread of Random Randomness
« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2023, 01:21:10 PM »
@Randomex  i thought you'd like this http://nowiknow.com/help-me-test-a-new-card-game/
I've saved the ruleset and might look at it one of these days. I'd probably have a better
experience with Regicide, another standard-deck game which I'm in the same position with.

I tried it a while back. We didn't find it engaging. (Regicide was indeed better.)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2023, 06:40:01 AM »
As of this writing, the #6 game on BoardGameGeek's Hotness list is the recently-announced...

The aim of Ezra and Nehemiah is to be the player with the most Victory Points (VP) at the game’s end. Points are gained primarily by building the temple, rebuilding the city walls and gates, and by teaching the Torah to the returning exiles. Players may also seek to develop their land, travel to settlements outside the city walls, or stoke the altar’s fire to keep it burning day and night. The prophets Haggai and Zechariah will be doing their part to keep the people focused on what is most important.

Over 3 weeks (Rounds), players will be using their hand of cards, workers, and resources to do their part in rebuilding the great city of Jerusalem. After 6 days of work, there will be a Sabbath day of rest. Food will be needed, and the week’s work will be reflected upon. The game will end after the 3rd Sabbath has been completed.

—description from the designer

This actually will be the second game I'm aware of with this theme, this having been the first (in 2014):

« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 06:44:43 AM by Randomex »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2023, 02:44:20 PM »
As of this writing, the #6 game on BoardGameGeek's Hotness list is the recently-announced...

(Update: Now #2. (I think Hotness is determined by the number of visits the game's page has recently had.) )

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2023, 04:38:36 PM »
(Update: Now #2.)

(Update: Now #1.)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2023, 08:17:17 PM »
(Update: Now #2.)

(Update: Now #1.)
DDF effect

Offline Randomex

• View Profile

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2023, 07:14:37 AM »
(Just so that it's also here; click through if you're interested.)

Word puzzle set:

Example:
Fill in the blanks below with a well-known 5-letter word to complete all the words:
    HO_____S
    INC_____
    REC_____

Answer:  LINES

It completes all the words:
    HOLINESS
    INCLINES
    RECLINES

<snipped>

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2023, 10:29:03 AM »
It was because he wanted there to be conspirators. It was much better to imagine men in some smoky room somewhere, made mad and cynical by privilege and power, plotting over the brandy. You had to cling to this sort of image, because if you didn’t then you might have to face the fact that bad things happened because ordinary people, the kind who brushed the dog and told their children bedtime stories, were capable of then going out and doing horrible things to other ordinary people. It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do the bad things.

- Terry Pratchett, from Jingo

Offline Randomex

• View Profile

Offline Randomex

• View Profile

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2023, 03:29:39 PM »

I suspect this video is not good at what it is presumably trying to do:

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2023, 06:52:09 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk_vs._Mark_Zuckerberg

The heading, the form of which will be familliar to Wikipedia readers, sets the tone nicely:
"This article is about the cage match. For the web series episode, see Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg (Epic Rap Battles of History)."

Offline Randomex

• View Profile

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2023, 01:31:20 PM »
The bassoon and the bass are far more closely related than are the harpoon and the harp.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2023, 01:34:41 PM »
The bassoon and the bass are far more closely related than are the harpoon and the harp.
A harpoon seems like overkill for a bass

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2023, 06:42:32 AM »

<snip>

Now live on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shem/ezra-and-nehemiah

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2023, 03:52:58 PM »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2023, 05:46:37 PM »

(If anyone knows what movie this is from, I'd like to hear it.)