Topic Wiki

p̸̲̺̹̦̽̅̑̏̑̕r̶̢͖̗̩̠͆̓͊̊͐̑̊̕o̵̹̥̬̬̘̩̬͆g̶̨̢͇͚͍̪͎̙͈͔̓̈́̒̽̌̋̈̎͝.̶̖̤̗̇̿̋̓̚͜͝ͅ1̶̱̜̪̠̲͆͐̿͌͒̐͊̚͝4̵̴̨̛̛̛̬͚̻̭͉̳̰͌̊̆̔̉͐͑͗́̊͐̌̆̚̕...
p̸̲̺̹̦̽̅̑̏̑̕r̶̢͖̗̩̠͆̓͊̊͐̑̊̕o̵̹̥̬̬̘̩̬͆g̶̨̢͇͚͍̪͎̙͈͔̓̈́̒̽̌̋̈̎͝.̶̖̤̗̇̿̋̓̚͜͝ͅ1̶̱̜̪̠̲͆͐̿͌͒̐͊̚͝4̵̴̨̛̛̛̬͚̻̭͉̳̰͌̊̆̔̉͐͑͗́̊͐̌̆̚̕ŗ̴̰͉̦̻̙̰̪̬̤̆̈͌̈́̓̈͆ų̶̞̲͈͕̻͔͒͂̍̌ñ̴͇͉̆͆̒̒͝ͅm̵̱̃̓̈́̀̑̈ö̷̖̒̇͑̑͛̈̏͐ḑ̴̯̝͓̄͛̈͂͗e̵̴͓̯̠̦̍̓̌̾̀̎̋́́̀͘ï̸̝͙̲͎̪̩n̵͈͎̙̖̻̭͝s̸̝̩͉̃͒̿́̕͝͝ͅp̶̧͓̫̏̎-̶̡̛̪̲͎͋͛͑ͅs̵͖͉̬͖̟̓̔̀̈͋͘͜ę̸̑̅͜c̴̢̻͇̼͗̄̃̆́́̉̑͝.̴̪̠̻̻̦̥̽̃̆̆̋͌̿͑̑e̶͇̥̥̳̫̔́͂͛r̷̢̝͍̩͙͋̅̽͠r̸͙̘̯̳̠͒̋̀͗̊́̾̒0̵͓̺̯͇̺̬̙̗̈̔͊͒͝8̸̗͕̌̓̀͗̀̕66

(Just leave this alone.)
« Last edited by Randomex on June 10, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »

Author Topic: Randomex's Random Thread of Random Randomness  (Read 50692 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Re: Randomex's Random Thread of Random Randomness
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2021, 04:00:26 AM »

(taken by Felix Sproll somewhere in Ireland)

For more photos of Ireland (not by him) - https://imgur.com/gallery/5l2L6j3
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 04:04:20 AM by Randomex »
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2021, 12:33:53 AM »

Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2021, 01:28:17 AM »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2021, 09:42:59 PM »
“Our property seems to me the most beautiful in the world. It is so close to Babylon that we enjoy
all the advantages of the city, and yet when we come home we are away from the noise and dust.”

Written in cuneiform on a clay tablet, this letter to the King of Persia in 539 B.C.
represents the first extant expression of the suburban ideal. (K.T. Jackson 1985)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2021, 11:07:35 PM »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2021, 02:51:41 AM »
Someone on the Internet, on Stratego:
"Don't know if it was in the rules or just the way we played it as 12-year olds. Conflict resolution was show your piece, except
for the bomb, when you just yelled out loud "Bang!" usually making your opponent jump even when they were waiting for it."

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2021, 02:54:29 AM »
"Friends you didn't even know played video games now only tweet about turnip
price fluctuations and the best methods for bullying anthropomorphic villagers."

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2021, 02:54:58 AM »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2021, 11:05:56 AM »
Quote from: Chaim Shulem
My wife is 6 years older than me. I married her when I was 24. I punched the “shidduch crisis” in the face. What are you doing about it?

Source

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2021, 11:30:40 AM »
Source
I am happy that he is satisfied with his decision, but each and every point of his is debatable both as to its accuracy and as to its benefit.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »
I quoted it for his phrasing. This isn't a serious thread.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 12:20:12 PM by Randomex »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »
In 1982, a law was passed in Zimbabwe forbidding citizens from making jokes about President Banana's name.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2021, 12:37:56 PM »
was he a good conductor?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
Things take a while to get up here... At a time when fidget spinners in the lower 48 had been collecting dust
for months, they were the hottest new trend in town. The cashier told me they can barely keep them in stock:

The photo is from February 2020. The "Guilds of Ravnica" card set was released in October of 2018. I don't
suppose Barrow has much of a Magic scene... Then again, they must have had some reason to stock it.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2021, 01:30:31 PM »
https://gulfnews.com/entertainment/five-boardgames-to-bring-to-the-table-in-2021-1.76390763

Hobby games are popular in the UAE? Slightly interesting.
You'd be surprised. We sold them a lot of (computer) gaming equipment.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2021, 06:02:45 AM »
Gloomhaven
You almost certainly don't want this. It's more a video-game-style RPG made
of cardboard than a board game. This is mostly an excuse to post this image:

I just found out you can get this from Bed Bath & Beyond, of all places.
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/gloomhaven-board-game/5267525

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2021, 09:15:31 AM »
According to a podcast I recently listened to, Fiorella LaGuardia fought against efforts
to outlaw marijuana. He was vehemently opposed, however, to... pinball machines.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »
According to a podcast I recently listened to, Fiorella LaGuardia fought against efforts
to outlaw marijuana. He was vehemently opposed, however, to... pinball machines.

Man, the 70's woulda looked a whole lot different with legal pot and illegal pinball....
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2021, 10:16:43 AM »
Small business owners sell out because running a small business is extremely difficult. (They sell out
for other reasons, but it's essentially the reason that the BGA owners give, so let's go with that.)

Part of the reason for this is that they inhabit a regulatory environment that is stacked in favor of
concentrations of capital, e.g. small and large businesses alike are obliged to provide their employees
with health insurance, which is vastly more expensive per employee for small companies than it is for large.

Large-scale enterprises growing through acquisition was not always the norm. Small businesses had a much
easier time operating profitably in the 1960s than they do today, and their owners were less eager to sell out.

At any rate, growth through acquisition is a perfect example of obtaining more wealth without creating wealth.
For instance, buying a company for its intellectual property and then shutting its operations down basically destroys
the livelihoods of the workers whose jobs have been eliminated in the name of efficiency. The large company's
increase in wealth comes directly at the expense of those people, resulting in a negative creation of wealth.

All of this is made possible by policies that treat the destructive effects of capital accumulation as an irrelevant
externality. The myth (e.g. Schumpeterian "creative destruction") is that this leads to innovation, which benefits
society as a whole. The reality is that we're socializing all the risk and privatizing all the rewards.

- Reddit user uhhhclem

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2021, 08:22:40 AM »
I'm actually not much more likely than anyone else here to watch this.