Topic Wiki

p̸̲̺̹̦̽̅̑̏̑̕r̶̢͖̗̩̠͆̓͊̊͐̑̊̕o̵̹̥̬̬̘̩̬͆g̶̨̢͇͚͍̪͎̙͈͔̓̈́̒̽̌̋̈̎͝.̶̖̤̗̇̿̋̓̚͜͝ͅ1̶̱̜̪̠̲͆͐̿͌͒̐͊̚͝4̵̴̨̛̛̛̬͚̻̭͉̳̰͌̊̆̔̉͐͑͗́̊͐̌̆̚̕...
p̸̲̺̹̦̽̅̑̏̑̕r̶̢͖̗̩̠͆̓͊̊͐̑̊̕o̵̹̥̬̬̘̩̬͆g̶̨̢͇͚͍̪͎̙͈͔̓̈́̒̽̌̋̈̎͝.̶̖̤̗̇̿̋̓̚͜͝ͅ1̶̱̜̪̠̲͆͐̿͌͒̐͊̚͝4̵̴̨̛̛̛̬͚̻̭͉̳̰͌̊̆̔̉͐͑͗́̊͐̌̆̚̕ŗ̴̰͉̦̻̙̰̪̬̤̆̈͌̈́̓̈͆ų̶̞̲͈͕̻͔͒͂̍̌ñ̴͇͉̆͆̒̒͝ͅm̵̱̃̓̈́̀̑̈ö̷̖̒̇͑̑͛̈̏͐ḑ̴̯̝͓̄͛̈͂͗e̵̴͓̯̠̦̍̓̌̾̀̎̋́́̀͘ï̸̝͙̲͎̪̩n̵͈͎̙̖̻̭͝s̸̝̩͉̃͒̿́̕͝͝ͅp̶̧͓̫̏̎-̶̡̛̪̲͎͋͛͑ͅs̵͖͉̬͖̟̓̔̀̈͋͘͜ę̸̑̅͜c̴̢̻͇̼͗̄̃̆́́̉̑͝.̴̪̠̻̻̦̥̽̃̆̆̋͌̿͑̑e̶͇̥̥̳̫̔́͂͛r̷̢̝͍̩͙͋̅̽͠r̸͙̘̯̳̠͒̋̀͗̊́̾̒0̵͓̺̯͇̺̬̙̗̈̔͊͒͝8̸̗͕̌̓̀͗̀̕66

(Just leave this alone.)
« Last edited by Randomex on June 10, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »

Author Topic: Randomex's Random Thread of Random Randomness  (Read 51592 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Re: Randomex's Random Thread of Random Randomness
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2021, 10:45:31 AM »
Britain has a law against using footage from a session of Parliament in a comedy show (according to John Oliver, speaking in early 2019).
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2021, 05:11:38 PM »
(If you know some music theory, the music theory post might be interesting,
but I'd assume the linguistics one is either uninteresting or incomprehensible.)

Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2021, 07:27:51 AM »

Source:
https://twitter.com/moosechildd/status/1390028893701083138

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2021, 07:06:33 PM »

Southern US. (Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/kvJHMkp )

Switzerland. (Source: https://twitter.com/socrateofmars/status/1383537182019788807 )

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2021, 09:14:14 PM »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2021, 09:34:56 PM »
Jackie Chan, the action-film actor known for doing his own stunts, is also a classically trained singer (according to Wikipedia).

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2021, 11:27:24 PM »
Suez Canal facts:
Ships that are over a certain weight limit must offload part of their cargo onto
smaller ships before passing through the canal (to avoid scraping the bottom).

In 1963, America considered creating an alternative route to the Suez Canal
by using hundreds of nuclear bombs to blast a waterway through the Negev.

When Egypt closed the canal for 8 years between the Six-Day and Yom Kippur Wars,
fifteen ships and their crews that had been midway through the canal remained stuck
there until the canal reopened. For more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Fleet

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2021, 05:17:09 PM »

Sculptor: Philip Jackson

The image link expired (or something). Replacement:

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2021, 06:37:28 PM »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2021, 07:17:04 PM »
Zoos are sometimes requested to allow their medical equipment to be used
for scans of highly obese patients who do not fit into standard machines.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2021, 06:09:23 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Hamdi

Seems rather a shame he ended up at war with Israel. (Not just for his sake, either - that
water-pumping idea of his was crucial to the Egyptian offensive of the Yom Kippur War.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:40:36 AM by Randomex »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2021, 07:04:43 AM »
Woodrow Wilson suffers from the same problem that every man who believes himself to be perfectly
logical suffers from - he isn't perfectly logical. But because he doesn't recognize that sometimes his
emotions get the best of him, there's no internal check on his emotions getting the best of him. So
like everybody who thinks they're perfectly logical, he's less logical than the average person. - A podcast

(Don't worry about what you're missing; this might have been the best thing ever said on that show.)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2021, 11:07:21 PM »
"Of course, my program also thinks Cesar and Alexian are counterpicks to Ottavia using this method, so I don't know
how much faith you want to put in that. I suspect it's doing something stupid like 'Alexian's won 0 out of 5 matches
against Ottavia, but our data says he should have won -6 out of 5. He's doing better than expected!' "

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2021, 11:08:02 PM »
"Of course, my program also thinks Cesar and Alexian are counterpicks to Ottavia using this method, so I don't know how much faith you want to put in that. I suspect it's doing something stupid like 'Alexian's won 0 out of 5 matches against Ottavia, but our data says he should have won -6 out of 5. He's doing better than expected!' "
and a Gezunte Zummer to you too!

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2021, 11:04:15 AM »
and a Gezunte Zummer to you too!

Thank you.

===================================

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »
Thank you.

===================================

That looks like Portal
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2021, 04:31:54 PM »
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2021, 01:52:08 PM »
@Randomex  i thought you'd like this http://nowiknow.com/help-me-test-a-new-card-game/

I've saved the ruleset and might look at it one of these days. I'd probably have a better
experience with Regicide, another standard-deck game which I'm in the same position with.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:57:03 PM by Randomex »

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2021, 01:55:48 PM »
"Objectification theory posits that girls and women are typically acculturated to internalize an observer’s perspective as a primary view of their physical selves. This perspective on self can lead to habitual body monitoring, which, in turn, can increase women’s opportunities for shame and anxiety, reduce opportunities for peak motivational states, and diminish awareness of internal bodily states. Accumulations of such experiences may help account for an array of mental health risks that disproportionately affect women: Unipolar depression, sexual dysfunction, and eating disorders. Objectification theory also illuminates why changes in these mental health risks appear to occur in step with life-course changes in the female body."
 - from the abstract of the paper Objectification Theory: Toward Understanding Women's Lived Experiences and Mental Health Risks

I haven't read the paper, but I'm curious about the reactions of the people here to that general idea.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:44:34 PM by Randomex »