Author Topic: The Pfizer Vaccine and do people who had COVID already need the vaccine?  (Read 25467 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: The Pfizer Vaccine and do people who had COVID already need the vaccine?
« Reply #240 on: April 13, 2021, 08:40:58 AM »
If it works as well as the quoting in these last few posts, they definitely need to shut it down.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #241 on: April 13, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »
These people have no clue about cost benefit analysis. As insane as their European counterparts. 1 in a million risk. How about covid risk?

It’s not 1 in a million risk. That’s the currently known amount of cases of a difficult to diagnose, extremely rare clotting that can take weeks to uncover. Wait a couple weeks to gather more data because it seems to be on the path of the similar AZ vaccine which has 222 cases in 34 million vaccinations.
30 clotting cases in 40 million vaccinations in the UK (possibly) resulting in a handful of deaths.

Vs

459,000 hospitalizations from 4.3 million COVID cases in the UK resulting in 127,000 deaths.

Vaccine hesitancy and regulation due to numbers of this sort just illustrates what poor intuitive statisticians we are.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2021, 09:18:37 AM »
What a disaster. Tylenol has killed more people than the vaccine.

I was at a sheva brachos and a waitress with her whole arm covered in tattoos was busy about how she "won't put that stuff in her body"
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2021, 09:39:49 AM »
What a disaster. Tylenol has killed more people than the vaccine.

From overdose maybe?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2021, 09:40:25 AM »
I was at a sheva brachos and a waitress with her whole arm covered in tattoos was busy about how she "won't put that stuff in her body"

Would you like some Diet Coke and supersized fries with that?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #245 on: April 13, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »

The tortured marriage advice and parsha connections in sheva brachos speeches are far more harmful than the ink, blood clots, 5g or covid.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2021, 11:33:28 AM »
The tortured marriage advice and parsha connections in sheva brachos speeches are far more harmful than the ink, blood clots, 5g or covid.
Considering that no one listens it is not a bigger problem than the vaccine no one takes
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 13, 2021, 11:45:10 AM »

It’s not 1 in a million risk. That’s the currently known amount of cases of a difficult to diagnose, extremely rare clotting that can take weeks to uncover. Wait a couple weeks to gather more data because it seems to be on the path of the similar AZ vaccine which has 222 cases in 34 million vaccinations.
All the clotting cases reported so far were in women, 18-48 years old.  Clotting responses are rare, but well-known to occur (very rarely) in women in that age group, due to hormones naturally occurring in pregnancy, and hormones taken medically, as in birth control pills.  When it says "The FDA said in a press conference Tuesday that it expected the pause to last several days as experts reveiwed available data." I would guess that they're examining in part what the hormonal status was of those few women who showed this response. 

IOW, @yuneeq , this may turn out to be one factor that you needn't consider, unless you're currently pregnant or on BC.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 13, 2021, 11:52:26 AM »
My company is giving a half day for each shot, so no thanks J&J ;D (not to mention my appt being on the day of the J&J shutdown). Took under an hour with commute and got 4 hours off for it.

ETA: Just anecdotally, for those in Queens, the York College site is great. There's a free parking lot, the site is quick and efficient (FEMA/national guard run), and they're currently doing Pfizer.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2021, 12:02:15 PM »
IOW, @yuneeq , this may turn out to be one factor that you needn't consider, unless you're currently pregnant or on BC.

Now that's one for this thread (or at least for the poll).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2021, 12:18:27 PM »
Because the clots call for an unusual treatment, however, the organizations are calling for a pause in administering the shot. This will provide them with time to ensure the medical community is aware of the appropriate treatment.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/04/us-cdc-fda-call-for-pause-in-use-of-jj-vaccine-due-to-rare-blood-clots/

This is a very important point that shouldn't be overlooked in the rush to bash the FDA/CDC.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 13, 2021, 01:32:25 PM »
All the clotting cases reported so far were in women, 18-48 years old.  Clotting responses are rare, but well-known to occur (very rarely) in women in that age group, due to hormones naturally occurring in pregnancy, and hormones taken medically, as in birth control pills.  When it says "The FDA said in a press conference Tuesday that it expected the pause to last several days as experts reveiwed available data." I would guess that they're examining in part what the hormonal status was of those few women who showed this response. 

Correct, this wasn't a factor that I am worried about myself. However if a 1 in a million turns out to be 10 in a million, and can further be narrowed down to 10 in 250k women ages 18-48, the odds are not so pretty anymore. This is also without taking into account any non-clotting risks.
Visibly Jewish

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 13, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »
30 clotting cases in 40 million vaccinations in the UK (possibly) resulting in a handful of deaths.

Vs

459,000 hospitalizations from 4.3 million COVID cases in the UK resulting in 127,000 deaths.

Vaccine hesitancy and regulation due to numbers of this sort just illustrates what poor intuitive statisticians we are.
Putting it on hold has a very small effect on COVID deaths. There are barely any doses available right now, and anything produced until the pause is lifted can be administered immediately after the pause is lifted. Keeping it going when there is a known danger before evaluating the risks will only make more people wary of the vaccine.

I had COVID about 2 months ago, but even if not I would still wait until demand outpaces supply and we can start hearing the truth about the different vaccines and then decide if and which one to get.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 13, 2021, 02:12:04 PM »
My company is giving a half day for each shot, so no thanks J&J ;D (not to mention my appt being on the day of the J&J shutdown). Took under an hour with commute and got 4 hours off for it.

I’ve always thought the best way to encourage/incentivize vaccination is to hand out stimulus checks with each dose, you’d have people lined up from here to Mars...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2021, 02:13:36 PM »
I had COVID about 2 months ago, but even if not I would still wait until supply outpaces demand and we can start hearing the truth about the different vaccines and then decide if and which one to get.

FTFY

ETA: FTFY, this time for real :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:23:02 PM by AsherO »

Online avromie7

• View Profile
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2021, 02:49:30 PM »
Keeping it going when there is a known danger before evaluating the risks will only make more people wary of the vaccine.

I had COVID about 2 months ago, but even if not I would still wait until demand outpaces supply and we can start hearing the truth about the different vaccines and then decide if and which one to get.
I’m not saying it’s not the correct move on their part, I’m saying that the fact that individuals become instinctively wary shows what terrible intuitive decision makers we are.

The threat of severe illness from COVID is at least a hundred thousand times more likely than the threat of severe adverse action from any vaccine, no matter what vaccine or what demographic you are, with the possible exception of very young healthy children (we don’t have vaccine data on them). For most demographics, it’s probably more than a million times more likely.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2021, 07:25:29 PM »
Was she ever tested for antibodies?
Yes we both were tested and were negative. My test was done right before we started with the twice weekly testing.

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2021, 07:26:40 PM »
The two of you got test throughout January and February 2020?
No but she was tested pretty early on after it was prevalent in NYC in early April.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים