Author Topic: When will a vaccine *really* be available?  (Read 55017 times)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: When will a vaccine *really* be available?
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2021, 11:42:37 AM »
How many doctors do you have?

You shouldn't be taking anyone's word for it, but if DDF shows you sources for the proper guidance, you should definitely ask your doctor what his opinion on the official protocol is and why his guidance is different.
My kids were between doctors because we were unhappy with the old doctor but they weren't yet registered with the new one, and my son's morah wanted to only follow Dr Shanik until she agreed it was wrong to force us to keep him home for a month because a different doctor said so.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »
Give me the theory. Why would the CDC recommend a 14 day quarantine under Trump? Where's the political upside?
LOL you think everyone in the CDC was Trumps people? Trump was fighting with the CDC all throughout.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2021, 11:47:10 AM »
LOL you think everyone in the CDC was Trumps people? Trump was fighting with the CDC all throughout.

Of course not everyone was Trump's people. The head was, though. Fight or not, 14 days is the medical standard around the world.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2021, 11:58:12 AM »
Of course not everyone was Trump's people. The head was, though. Fight or not, 14 days is the medical standard around the world.
But in reality it's very far fetched at a minimum to think my kids only caught it on day 10 of my quarantine, and they also don't show symptoms or test positive for another 14 days.

I honestly believe that the other kids in my son's class who were around many other people were more likely to get COVID than my kids were after the first few days of quarantine and not being exposed to anyone else. If they were going to catch it, they most likely would have caught it either before we were symptomatic of within the first few days of symptoms.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2021, 12:05:51 PM »
But in reality it's very far fetched at a minimum to think my kids only caught it on day 10 of my quarantine, and they also don't show symptoms or test positive for another 14 days.
I would just point out that it's not so far fetched. My wife and I were positive, kids were exposed to us and tested negative on day 7 of their quarantine and developed symptoms on day 9.
RS. Took my family 2 weeks from that point until every one of my kids were positive. BH all did well and we are almost done.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2021, 12:06:32 PM »
Source?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »

I honestly believe that the other kids in my son's class who were around many other people were more likely to get COVID than my kids were after the first few days of quarantine and not being exposed to anyone else. If they were going to catch it, they most likely would have caught it either before we were symptomatic of within the first few days of symptoms.

Did you know that more people tested positive on day 8 post-exposure than on day 6? Every day that you are contagious is a new exposure to those quarantined with you. To start their quarantine based on when you first showed symptoms makes absolutely no sense.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2021, 12:16:09 PM »
Did you know that more people tested positive on day 8 post-exposure than on day 6?
Is this true?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2021, 12:20:20 PM »
Is this true?

Trying to track down the study.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 09, 2021, 12:21:31 PM »
Did you know that more people tested positive on day 8 post-exposure than on day 6? Every day that you are contagious is a new exposure to those quarantined with you. To start their quarantine based on when you first showed symptoms makes absolutely no sense.

What about if everyone showed symptoms within a day of eachother?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2021, 12:21:52 PM »
Trying to track down the study.
I found you a source

But I don’t think I’ve seen this elsewhere so I’m not sure it’s true. The CDC seems to believe a negative at day 5 rules out 90% or more of infections.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2021, 12:24:13 PM »
What about if everyone showed symptoms within a day of eachother?

Then they aren't quarantining for exposure; they're quarantining for their own symptoms.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #332 on: March 09, 2021, 12:34:31 PM »
A great example of the CDC losing credibility by taking politics over science.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/09/cdc-school-opening-covid-rules-guidance-column/4628552001/

CDC misinterpreted our research on opening schools. It should loosen the rules now

"The guidance does not take into account the data we have regarding little disease transmission in schools. Nor, although the guidance cites the work performed across Wisconsin districts performed by our group and published in the MMWR, does it take that data and new analyses from that dataset into account. Keeping schools closed or even partially closed, based on what we know now is unwarranted, is harming children, and has become a human rights issue."

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2021, 01:07:36 PM »

Day 7 and 9 from the first family member testing positive or day 7 and 9 from the last day of the last quarantine? Dr Shanik is advocating for 24 day quarantine from when the last positive person begins quarantine.

If additional members test positive later on, they most likely were the ones to infect those who only showed symptoms later on, not the original infected person.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2021, 01:14:37 PM »
I found you a source

But I don’t think I’ve seen this elsewhere so I’m not sure it’s true. The CDC seems to believe a negative at day 5 rules out 90% or more of infections.

Not sure this is the same study: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200610094112.htm

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2021, 02:32:00 PM »
Day 7 and 9 from the first family member testing positive or day 7 and 9 from the last day of the last quarantine? Dr Shanik is advocating for 24 day quarantine from when the last positive person begins quarantine.

If additional members test positive later on, they most likely were the ones to infect those who only showed symptoms later on, not the original infected person.

24 days?!?! That sounds onerous...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2021, 03:07:37 PM »
I suspect that is a typo since i have heard otherwise from other people who have asked him.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2021, 03:10:08 PM »
I suspect that is a typo since i have heard otherwise from other people who have asked him.
Not a typo, they said 14 days from when the last person is contagious. Anyone who tested positive is considered contagious for 10 days, you can only start counting 14 days from after day 10 for a total of 24 days.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2021, 03:20:19 PM »
Not a typo, they said 14 days from when the last person is contagious. Anyone who tested positive is considered contagious for 10 days, you can only start counting 14 days from after day 10 for a total of 24 days.

Yea, Fauci's the one with the funky math...

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2021, 03:26:18 PM »
+1 was told same by Dr. Shanik. FWIW, most other pediatricians in Lakewood are not quite as stringent....