Author Topic: seychells kosher  (Read 1229 times)

Offline aisrael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
seychells kosher
« on: December 13, 2020, 07:53:50 AM »
does anyone know if there is kosher food/chabad in seychells ?

Offline dav1403

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: seychells kosher
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 06:47:50 PM »
Hi,

I am also looking kosher amenities, without success for the moment.

Please find below my lasts findings :

In December 2020, the global Chabad House organization announced for the first time that in light of the massive immigration of Jewish travelers to the coveted destination of Seychelles, a branch of the Chabad House would be opened in the Seychelles.

This is good news in light of the fact that until today it was very difficult to get by in the Seychelles with kosher unless you brought groceries from home.

In the days of the Corona, Seychelles received tens of thousands of Israelis who were happy about the "bargain" that it is a green destination that is a few hours flight to a real paradise.

The large number of passengers to the Seychelles led the decision-makers at the Chabad House to open the first branch of the Chabad House on the island of Maha in the Seychelles.

How was the decision made to establish the first Chabad house in Seychelles?  Rabbi Shlomo Ben Tolila is a Chabad emissary from Central Africa and Rabbi Mandy Kotlersky from the Chabad Center in New York held a meeting and hastily decided to establish the branch.  Already on the same day of the meeting, 2 Chabad emissaries were sent to Seychelles to provide the services of the Chabad House as early as December, the month of Hanukkah ... Miracles and wonders do indeed happen!

In fact, it is possible to happily announce that kosher and prayer services will be provided to Israelis and Jews from all over the world who will come to the Seychelles.  It is important to note that until the establishment of the branch, it was not possible to obtain kosher food at all and you had to bring closed things from home (no meat is brought into the Seychelles from the outside, nor vegetables).

Arriving in the Seychelles and want more information?  Send email: chabadafrica@gmail.com

Offline dav1403

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 02:54:53 AM »
Hi,

I finally got an answer from Chabad :

"Hi

We opened up for the Chanukah period
We are right now considering opening for a whole year and will advise as soon as we will be operational

Happy Chanukah

Beth chabad"

Regards

Offline superstareli55

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 01:05:40 PM »
any updates about the kosher food situation there?

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 05:01:17 PM »
I was in Seychelles -  on an island called La Digue --  the local grocery store was very primitive (that particular island has a population of 2,800) -- brought along a frying pan and a pot - and bought eggs, pasta and dozens of kinds of tropical fruits  - many that I prior never heard of before.