Author Topic: Free Upgrade to Hilton Aspire  (Read 2262 times)

Offline JunkYardUnz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Free Upgrade to Hilton Aspire
« on: December 14, 2020, 12:14:47 AM »
If you have a free Hilton card you may be able to upgrade for free to the Hilton Aspire card. Free for first year and the after that $95 prorated until next anniversary date.

You need to login into your account and check for prequalified offers.

If you sign up now in December you can triple dip on the benefits such as $250 airline credits...

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Free Upgrade to Hilton Aspire
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 07:11:15 AM »
If you have a free Hilton card you may be able to upgrade for free to the Hilton Aspire card. Free for first year and the after that $95 prorated until next anniversary date.

If you sign up now in December you can triple dip on the benefits such as $250 airline credits...
the $95 card doesn’t come with an airline credit

Offline chilipalmer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 11:20:44 AM »
The Aspire is $450/year, not $95.

Maybe the OP is referring to some special for the next annual fee on the Aspire?

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 01:28:57 PM »
the $95 card doesn’t come with an airline credit
Yeah it’s odd where the $95 proration comes into the picture when the card’s annual fee is $450. Maybe they meant to offer it on $95 but screwed up :).

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 10:42:41 PM »

I upgraded with these terms but now I just downloaded the user agreement on my account and it says I will be charged $450 annual fee on Feb 1st.

"Annual Membership Fee None; however, as you have been previously notified, your Annual Membership Fee will be $450 as of February 01, 2021."
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 01:50:48 AM »
There is certainly smoke in the air, fire somewhere around the corner.  New card arrived, and they changed my expiration month from February to December.  I think what's going to happen next is clear... hopefully they at least honor the first year free language after a fight.

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 11:51:18 PM »
I upgraded with these terms but now I just downloaded the user agreement on my account and it says I will be charged $450 annual fee on Feb 1st.

"Annual Membership Fee None; however, as you have been previously notified, your Annual Membership Fee will be $450 as of February 01, 2021."
I’m in the same boat. Any updates? I’m thinking just wait until the annual fee bills and then play dumb. This way I get the airline fee credit twice...

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 10:36:25 PM »
Wow. I upgraded Dec 2020 and just received a letter from amex stating the following terms will apply:

1/29/21: $0 af
2/1/22: Prorated $95 af until account anniv date
On or after 2/1/23 the af may be increased to the current fee for aspire. If so, they will send a notification before the af is increased.

The chiddush to me was that I had originally assumed that $450 would be charged on account anniv in 22. But now it looks like I will pay $95 to hold the card from 2/1/22 - 2/1/23.
PUTPAC = PITA