Author Topic: Famous People receiving the Covid vaccine publicly.  (Read 16026 times)

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Famous People receiving the Covid vaccine publicly.
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2021, 12:32:52 AM »
"Thompson. With the P, as in psychology."
Thomson, without a P as in Venezuela  ;D

Few things in life I wish there were more of: Calvin & Hobbes, far side, and Tintin
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2021, 12:46:50 AM »
Thomson, without a P as in Venezuela  ;D

Few things in life I wish there were more of: Calvin & Hobbes, far side, and Tintin

What about Moomin, Dick Tracy, The Rabbi’s Cat, and Mendy and the Golem?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2021, 12:47:39 PM »
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio rolled received the single dose Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine this morning.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2021, 12:58:50 PM »
Andrew Cuomo receives his Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine.

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio rolled received the single dose Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine this morning.

Stating the obvious: Politicians are getting behind JNJ because it's logistically simpler and likely to have higher supply/lower demand vs. the mRNA vaccines. They also have to reinforce that it's good enough despite the lower efficacy.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2021, 01:00:09 PM »
Stating the obvious: Politicians are getting behind JNJ because it's logistically simpler and likely to have higher supply/lower demand vs. the mRNA vaccines. They also have to reinforce that it's good enough despite the lower efficacy.
I'm still surprised that the two of them took the same one
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2021, 01:23:25 PM »

Why? They're both johnsons.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2021, 02:14:23 PM »

It's the only one that needs to be promoted. Having said that the masses are ignorant and don't know the difference anyway.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2021, 02:30:05 PM »
You're giving a lot of credit to two of the most politicians on this forum. Kudos.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2021, 02:32:42 PM »
You're giving a lot of credit to two of the most politicians on this forum. Kudos.

You're missing an adjective. There are a bunch of words that can fit there...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »
You're missing an adjective. There are a bunch of words that can fit there...

Self censored... :D

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »

You're suggesting they too don't know the difference? Wouldn't put it past them :P

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2021, 03:09:39 PM »
Self censored... :D
A reverse Freudian slip?

You're suggesting they too don't know the difference? Wouldn't put it past them :P
I tend to agree they are doing it to shore up public confidence, but an alternative explanation would be they considered it safer.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2021, 04:12:35 PM »
One more point- if we can reduce the loud anti-vax position to being mostly against mRNA (because their chief complaint is currently “it’s a new unproven experimental technology”) then it should be much easier to leave an opening for people on the fence to take the J&J vaccine (because it’s a good old regular vaccine).
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2021, 04:14:42 PM »
One more point- if we can reduce the loud anti-vax position to being mostly against mRNA (because their chief complaint is currently “it’s a new unproven experimental technology”) then it should be much easier to leave an opening for people on the fence to take the J&J vaccine (because it’s a good old regular vaccine).

... with the efficacy of the annual flu shot, which many pro-vax people don't take for that reason.

Online lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2021, 04:34:51 PM »
Well, both pilots don't usually eat the same meal... :)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2021, 04:49:10 PM »
Johnson is getting the Astra Zeneca vaccine tomorrow for this reason.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2021, 04:50:52 PM »
Johnson is getting the Astra Zeneca vaccine tomorrow for this reason.

You mean Boris Johnson? I had to do a double take for a moment. It was like reading "Moderna is getting the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow" :P

Boris Johnson and AZN is more than that, there's strong sentiment in Europe (EU/EEA) against AZN, and the UK has been pushing it hard, so they have to shore it up. It's way more than just efficacy concerns.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2021, 05:13:16 PM »
... with the efficacy of the annual flu shot, which many pro-vax people don't take for that reason.
Two things:

1) J&J is actually quite effective at preventing illness and is nearly 100% effective at preventing severe illness and death

2) I never really understood that train of thought, short of the shot being annoying and the danger of the flu not too great. Because something is not 100% effective is no less of a reason to take it, it’s all about risk reduction.

I believe I’ve said this elsewhere: Someone told me they won’t take the shot because it’s not 100% effective anyway. I told them they shouldn’t go to work because they’ll never be the richest man in the world anyway.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2021, 05:15:33 PM »
You mean Boris Johnson? I had to do a double take for a moment. It was like reading "Moderna is getting the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow" :P

Boris Johnson and AZN is more than that, there's strong sentiment in Europe (EU/EEA) against AZN, and the UK has been pushing it hard, so they have to shore it up. It's way more than just efficacy concerns.
Yeah, they've turned it into a whole national identity issue. But still, at the core of it, it's a safety confidence issue.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2021, 05:21:38 PM »
Two things:

1) J&J is actually quite effective at preventing illness and is nearly 100% effective at preventing severe illness and death

2) I never really understood that train of thought, short of the shot being annoying and the danger of the flu not too great. Because something is not 100% effective is no less of a reason to take it, it’s all about risk reduction.

I believe I’ve said this elsewhere: Someone told me they won’t take the shot because it’s not 100% effective anyway. I told them they shouldn’t go to work because they’ll never be the richest man in the world anyway.

Your analogy isn't even close. I don't get flu shots. The only times I've ever gotten sick were when I got the shot. I don't feel like my risk is lessened by getting the shot. Same for J&J. I see no reason to introduce this disease into my body. Like most people who are somewhat leery of new tech, I will most likely eventually get one of the mRNA shots. Not liking new tech doesn't mean I'd rather settle for inferior solutions.