Author Topic: Expertstayer ??!  (Read 750 times)

Offline mdv

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond UA silver DL silver AC 25k Avis PC Hertz PC National EE
Expertstayer ??!
« on: December 20, 2020, 09:24:50 PM »
We all know expertflyer is a website that alerts you if certain flight fare buckets become available and its a really useful tool to get premium seats at saver rates.

My question is why doesn't something similar exist for hotels?
The only thing I have found is a site called openhotelalerts.com which supposedly alerts you if a specific room type becomes available to book with cash which would then mean you can book it with points ( for example with hilton if the standard room rewards room category in that property becomes available to book with cash then you know its also available on points for standard room rewards). However i found that its not at all consistent or accurate.
I found some guy on flyertalk  (heres the link https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1161417-ic-thalasso-bora-bora-master-thread-merged-247.html ) on the IC thallasso thread who made his own script to search every 10 minutes and he managed to piece together a stay that way
Is there any legitimate website out there that can do this?
I have been trying to find someone who knows programming to write something similar to the flyertalk script but haven't found anyone yet
It can be as simple as that one which is basically a bot that does what you would do when using the hotels search engine or it can be something which uses the internal system (API) to do the saerch which would obviously be much more complicated but can technically be a real tool used by anyone like expertflyer but even the first option can be useful to many people if it can be customized.
Thoughts?
Sorry I don't have any snarky line for this space

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Expertstayer ??!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 11:49:23 PM »
I always wondered the same. If u pull this off, may I suggest adding an option for your program to auto generate the cheapest options on flexible dates for hotel stays, as google does w flights?

eg- i want to go to FL any 3 day period this month and would stay at 3 stars or up

or- i have the weekend off, and would go anywhere w/in 2hr drive from home, based on cheapest hotel with .... amenities

Good Luck!!